• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it does work, you just have to be gentle with hitting the GO button :D
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just the search playing up but the whole forum is slow & hangs loading pages.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Come on guys get it sorted.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only a year later and it still doesnt work, what the hells going on?

can someone in charge please tell us if/ when this will ever be fixed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well over a year now, and still not fixed, couldn't admin just remove the search function and admit it will never work.

Completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll never be fixed - the mods have all but said this before. They claim that not enough people use it to justify the man hours to sort it out.

The only way things will ever change is if DS ever migrate to more modern forum software that can better handle such a large userbase and number of posts but that isn't going to happen anytime soon so we're basically left with using Google and site-specific searching.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll never be fixed - the mods have all but said this before. They claim that not enough people use it to justify the man hours to sort it out..

Of course they don't because it doesn't bloody work!!!

I bet if we started a thread with a poll "did you used to the use the search feature on DS before it broke?" "Yes / No / never seen it work, too new" I bet 70% or more of people who were on the site when it was working had used it.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »

I bet if we started a thread with a poll "did you used to the use the search feature on DS before it broke?" "Yes / No / never seen it work, too new" I bet 70% or more would say they had used it.

Actually, the results to that would actually be quite interesting
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Well, if I don't reply to a response to any of my posts, it is because I may not know about them, as I can't be arsed to use Google to find out if anybody has replied to any of my posts. Simple as that.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Surely this must be getting fixed soon.>:(

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It's the reason I'm hardly ever on here now.

The other day I wanted to see if there had been any posts about internet radios. Without being able to search for those posts, it's a waste of time, so I didn't bother.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time i click on search the window box appears then when i tap in the box the keyboard appears then when i tap on the first letter , the window disssapears.. so i can type nothing,
    This has always been the case for me .
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc...

And you can't even scroll sideways to see all of your post as there's no bottom scroll bar... <manual line break>
    unless you reduce your window width below about 820 pixels.

You have to insert manual line breaks to stop the same thing happening to your follow-up post... <manual line break>
    again unless you reduce your window width below 820 pixels. <manual line break>
    This is basic 1990s stuff, not to mention the search not fit for purpose.

Pathetic forum development and management.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    well over a year now, and still not fixed, couldn't admin just remove the search function and admit it will never work.

Completely ridiculous.
    I agree with you. It is completely ridiculous.

However, be careful what you say or certain posters will be along to have a go at you for "whining" and pointing out that this is a "free site" and if you don't like it then there are "plenty of other forums out there" blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »

I bet if we started a thread with a poll "did you used to the use the search feature on DS before it broke?" "Yes / No / never seen it work, too new" I bet 70% or more of people who were on the site when it was working had used it.

Do it. I don't know how.

I used to use the search all the time. I really miss it.