Options

Anyone else think Caroline will win?

IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
Forum Member
She seems to have a big fan base and the majority of peoples "Second favourite" which is exactly what helped Abby last year!

I think it'll be Caroline or Jake that wins!

Comments

• Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah she won't may get to semi final but she won't win
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - I know she's with Pasha but I can't seem to get interested in them personally. When he was dancing with Chelsee and Kimberley it was the opposite - watching and willing them to do well, especially Chelsee. I'm finding Frankie and Pixie more enjoyable to watch - better choreography ( and nicer dresses ! ), and they interest me more than Caroline. I wouldn't place her as my second favourite, more like fourth. Nothing memorable about her dances so far, for me anyway, and I think the viewers might choose to vote for others over her too ?
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline or Frankie. Caroline still to have her wow performance, but having watched Dancing on Wheels many moons ago I know what she is capable of :)
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Pixie and Frankie are great dancers, but there something more endearing about Caroline.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Personally I love Caroline and think she will be the last girl standing but Jake may make a return and pinch the title.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline is my favorite female out of the top contenders, great dancer and for me her personality comes across more.
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Frankie or Jake will win.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a good chance, she has topped most of the "who do you want to win?" polls I have seen. That doesn't necessarily mean she will win but I think she has a decent shot. I still think it will be Jake but I wouldn't be amazed to see her or Frankie win. Pixie was dubbed the big ringah so I don't think she will win. People seem less aware of Caroline's past experience.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO. I personally find her so forgettable and boring .......no offense :blush::blush:; I never find myself willing to watch their routines afterward and I do with other celebrities even though some of them are not my favorites. This is honestly the first partnership of Pasha that I dont get or cant connect with;

I loved him with Chelsee, Liked him with Kim and Rachel but I just cant seem to connect with him and Caroline :confused:

Out of all the top 3 girls, Im more interested in Frankie and Pixie and like their routines more..............shrug

I STILL think that the final 2 will be between Frankie and Jake. I still think that this competition is Jake's to lose.

However, if by some miracle Steve makes it in the final, the competition will be between him and Jake.

I think that the ONLY celebrities who can give Jake's a run for his money are Frankie and Steve because they are really popular/relatable.
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I love Caroline and think she will be the last girl standing but Jake may make a return and pinch the title.

I agree wholeheartedly!
  • Options
    RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Oddly I keep forgetting her. Don't know why because she is very good.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosegrower wrote: »
    Oddly I keep forgetting her. Don't know why because she is very good.

This !!! My thoughts exactly. I know that she's very good, and she seems like a nice girl but by the end of the show I always seem to forget her :blush:
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Pixie or Frankie will win.
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Pixie or Frankie will win.

I thought that at first but they don't really have the character that Caroline has. Caroline has that certain something Pixie and Frankie don't possess.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She doesn't really register with me. A decent enough dancer, but nothing special.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I think Jake is the likeliest winner...but then going into the final last year I thought it was between Susanna and Sophie...so what do I know.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As she has learnt all the dances before, albeit with a partner in a wheelchair, I expected more from her at the start.

She dances ok, but I find her performances bland and cold (no offence to her fans) and is the one celeb this series who I always forget the minute the show is over.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with this. Pixie, Frankie and Caroline will split a lot of votes leaving Jake clear with EE-fanbase, same channel audience, and anti-ringah votes.

I predict Caroline will leave before any of the other front runners, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    As she has learnt all the dances before, albeit with a partner in a wheelchair, I expected more from her at the start.

She dances ok, but I find her performances bland and cold (no offence to her fans) and is the one celeb this series who I always forget the minute the show is over.

Wow! You must be REALLY scared of Caroline to be repeating the lie I pulled you up on less than a week ago :-)

But from other comments in this thread it seems Caroline is generating a lot of fear. Anybody who can really forget Caroline's Paso would have to be unable to appreciate the stunning level of technique she demonstrated. Worthy of our pity if true.

Once again, the BBC Dancing on Wheels web site suggests she was taught just 6 of the 14 dances she could be asked to master in this competition.

It's undeniable this gave Caroline a substantial head start over a complete novice like Scott. But seriously, how much CAN dancing with a partner in a wheelchair help to develop the hold, frame, head positioning and synchronised footwork required of a ballroom dance in this competition?

I've only been able to find her DOW "foxtrot", therefore I have no idea what her Latin dances entailed. But I'd hazard a guess that she didn't come out and deliver loads of authentic footwork which made her wheelchair-bound partner look like a prop. More likely the bare minimum of footwork, so that the primary focus was upon what the pair were doing with their arms.

As for the prediction that she'll be the first of the acknowledged front runners to be eliminated, how can that be anything more than wishful thinking without knowing the share of the vote she's getting?

Get a grip willya. The potential Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, American Smooth and Argentine Tango are all dances to strike fear in your hearts. But she'll probably have to do both a Jive and a Charleston.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    No - I know she's with Pasha but I can't seem to get interested in them personally. When he was dancing with Chelsee and Kimberley it was the opposite - watching and willing them to do well, especially Chelsee. I'm finding Frankie and Pixie more enjoyable to watch - better choreography ( and nicer dresses ! ), and they interest me more than Caroline. I wouldn't place her as my second favourite, more like fourth. Nothing memorable about her dances so far, for me anyway, and I think the viewers might choose to vote for others over her too ?

I'm the opposite :)

Caroline is my favourite this year. I find her performances the most enjoyable, she's obviously a great dancer, but I also think she's a better performer than Frankie and Pixie.

I think Jake will win, I think he's probably got the largest fanbase. I'd like to see him, Caroline, Pixie and Frankie at the final though.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Caroline could win, but only of she produces a WOW performance soon that thrusts her into the public's eye.

She can do that and if she does and then manages to make it to the final, she's got a real chance. BUT thinking about the running order of the final, she'll need a real WOW show dance to pull it off. Her problem right now is that if she does make it to the final, she could be up against couples who bring several WOW performances to fall back on.

She's living her dream on the show and I'd like to see her in the final, but then again I would also like to see Frankie, Mark, Steve, Sunetra and Jake make the final too! :D
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Possibly she can win - she is very good though has had previous training but not to the same degree as Frankie(whose Mother is also a ballroom dance teacher) and Pixie.

The most exciting and dramatic couple are Jake and Janette - Jake , Mark , Sunetra and Steve are improving every week and deserve encouragement from the judges.

Jake to win - if not Mark or Sunetra
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But from other comments in this thread it seems Caroline is generating a lot of fear.
    No fear from me.
    I just don't find her dancing very interesting. Good, but not interesting.

If she wins, that's okay by me.
    But I don't think she will.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a very good learner, probably better than Pixie and better than Frankie. She does have the look of someone who's done it before. But Strictly is a beauty contest too and I reckon the others have her beat.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I'd like her or Frankie to win. I find them endearing and likeable.