Type 2 diabetes

13»

Comments

• Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seacam wrote: »
    150ml, that seems about right, as I wrote I'm seriously considering taking St Johns again even tho' the advise is no if taking metformin.

From a quick google, may be similar to the warfarin/cranberry advice-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25223504

CONCLUSIONS:

St John's wort improves glucose tolerance by enhancing insulin secretion independently of insulin sensitivity in healthy male subjects taking metformin.

But check with docs! Now back to figuring out how to halve this lil tablet to make my new 0.5mg dose.. :p
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Well, my Mother has to go in for her bladder operation on Monday. Something of a concern given her age.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My HB1 went up to 75 from 64 so I have been put on Metformin, so far no problems with it.
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Bluddyell!! I was looking for this thread only recently but couldn't find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bluddyell!! I was looking for this thread only recently but couldn't find it.

It's the search function playing up as usual. I've learnt to run it a couple of times as sometimes it works on the 2nd or 3rd go.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My HB1 went up to 75 from 64 so I have been put on Metformin, so far no problems with it.
    It's tried and trusted is Metformin, the only issue I'm aware off is a desperate urge to make it to the loo on the odd occasion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's tried and trusted is Metformin, the only issue I'm aware off is a desperate urge to make it to the loo on the odd occasion.

I have that problem any way thanks to the IBS.

But so far things have been OK. No stomach pain or urgent need to go.

I was expecting my HB1 to go up as I had been eating too many sweets recently.

I've managed to come off full cola, but still haven't been able to give up sweets yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update that my eye sight has been saved by the injections I had last year. No more needed for the moment, although they can get worse again if I don't look after my blood glucose levels.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great news ,look after the glucose levels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's great news ,look after the glucose levels.

Cheers, I am still on the same level of Metformin but have to have 2 Glicazide tablets now instead of 1.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, I am still on the same level of Metformin but have to have 2 Glicazide tablets now instead of 1.

My doctor has just prescribed glicazide on top of my metformin. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He warned me about hypos. Bit worried about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chopsim wrote: »
    My doctor has just prescribed glicazide on top of my metformin. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He warned me about hypos. Bit worried about that.

I've never had a problem with hypos. Not sure if that is because I keep my BG too high.

The lowest I've gone is 4, and that was after a nights sleep.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 2 weeks on glicazide my glucose levels have halved. Generally about 6 -10 now.
    And I only wake maybe once in the night. Big difference to my energy levels too.