Second V+ cost

TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I am thinking about getting a second V+ drive installed, I am currently on the VIP package and VM are quoting £150 installation and £5 per month.

Is the £150 correct, has anybody else got a second one installed recently.

Thanks in advance

g

Comments

• BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    When you are on VIP a second V+ is £30 install and £10 extra per month

If anyone says any different, get them to look at Page 8 of 'The Knowledge' ;)
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks but what is the knowledge....any web links
    Forum Member
    Nope it's an internal Virgin staff pricing guide, but it lays out the costs of additional V+ boxes quite clearly so there shouldn't be any confusion
  • War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    Nope it's an internal Virgin staff pricing guide, but it lays out the costs of additional V+ boxes quite clearly so there shouldn't be any confusion

how much is an extra V+ if you just have TV XL and BB M please?
    Forum Member
    £150 and £5 per month
  • digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much is an extra V+ box with XL TV, XL broadband and XL phone?

Cheers,

digiperson
    Forum Member
    same price

On ALL other packages apart from XL Plus and VIP the install cost of a second V+ is £150 and then £5 additional box fee.
  • seanfitzyseanfitzy Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are on VIP a second V+ is £30 install and £10 extra per month

If anyone says any different, get them to look at Page 8 of 'The Knowledge' ;)

is this right ben? i rang up to enquire about second v+ box on vip and was told £5 a month extra -£10 then £5 discount,dont want to take it then find out its more
    Forum Member
    Yes it is definately correct. Even says it on the page I mentioned

The way it works is you get one additional standard box (usually £5 per month) included in the VIP bundle, so when swap it to add a second V+ you just pay for the V+ service fee again, which is £10 per month

Where I think the confusion comes in is that some agents think if you remove the standard box the £5 charge goes along with it, to replaced with the £10 V+ fee i.e the £10 - £5. It doesn't as you still have AN additional box

If you were to add a 3rd V+ to the VIP bundle it would be £30 install and £15 per month (£5 additional box fee + £10 V+ service fee)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is definately correct. Even says it on the page I mentioned

The way it works is you get one additional standard box (usually £5 per month) included in the VIP bundle, so when swap it to add a second V+ you just pay for the V+ service fee again, which is £10 per month

Where I think the confusion comes in is that some agents think if you remove the standard box the £5 charge goes along with it, to replaced with the £10 V+ fee i.e the £10 - £5. It doesn't as you still have AN additional box

If you were to add a 3rd V+ to the VIP bundle it would be £30 install and £15 per month (£5 additional box fee + £10 V+ service fee)
    ok thanks,think we wil stick with what we have lol -£87 for V.I.P with one extra box included plus 3 more standered boxes at £5 each plus £1.75 caller dsplay =£103.75 -£1 for e.billing =£102.75
    Forum Member
    You have 5 STBs? Not supposed to be able to do that anymore ;) Should be 3 STBs + a modem or 4 STBs and no modem

If you do, yes it would be £112.75
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have 5 STBs? Not supposed to be able to do that anymore ;) Should be 3 STBs + a modem or 4 STBs and no modem

If you do, yes it would be £112.75

yes we were told that,but due to been customers since diamond cable first come out they installed boxes in all rooms when we moved 7 years ago and ntl put some kind of booster box in, an enginner had to come out and clarify signals were strong enough so we were lucky,even before moving 7 years ago we had 4 stbs and a modem,im sure it would have been 1994 when diamond cable came around our area and we changed to them from redifusion!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned back yesterday to confirm the price, have now been offered V+ £75 install, £15 per month. STD box, £25 install £5 p/m.

I would like another v+ but I am not paying that much so I might just go for a std box instead.

I think what we can learn from this thread is that every call is a different price, do they have a std price guide that they use

g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I phoned back yesterday to confirm the price, have now been offered V+ £75 install, £15 per month. STD box, £25 install £5 p/m.

I would like another v+ but I am not paying that much so I might just go for a std box instead.

I think what we can learn from this thread is that every call is a different price, do they have a std price guide that they use

g

it sounds like they have gave you the price for a customer on m or l tv
    Forum Member
    do they have a std price guide that they use
    Please see post #2 ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please see post #2 ;)

Are they using it, apparently not :cool:
    Forum Member
    Which annoys the hell out of me but if you mention it they will have a copy ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had the nerve too, I'm not the person to ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    i was on xl bb, tv and phone, upgraded to a v+ box today, maanged to get a new deal on the all 3 xl for 49 plus 5 for addiotnal box with only £30 installation charge so its actually £2 less than the standard all 3 xl for £56 plus ive got an additional box upstairs now and the +.
    if you upgrade any of your services you may be able to negotiate a similar deal on the installation. for an extra £5 its def worth keeping your old box as a second. they really wont offer you a discount for a straight swap from standard to +

i guess each time you add a second box its additional £5 if you are on xl pack.
    if you dont mind going xl which reaps big savings anyway you can get the install for only £30
  • spj20016spj20016 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I am on VIP package and last month had additional V+ box added, I was charged £150 install and now I am being charged £15 per month rental for it.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,906
    Forum Member
    What is the cost if you have a v+ but want an ordinary STB installed in a different room.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spj20016 wrote: »
    I am on VIP package and last month had additional V+ box added, I was charged £150 install and now I am being charged £15 per month rental for it.

The monthly charge is correct for an extra V+ on VIP but you should not have been charged £150 for the install. It should only have been £30.

You need to speak to Virgin Media and get this resolved and your £120 back.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killjoy wrote: »
    What is the cost if you have a v+ but want an ordinary STB installed in a different room.

£30 install then an extra £5 per month, assuming you are not a VIP or XL Plus customer.
  • spj20016spj20016 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    The monthly charge is correct for an extra V+ on VIP but you should not have been charged £150 for the install. It should only have been £30.

You need to speak to Virgin Media and get this resolved and your £120 back.

Phoned them last night and was told that £150 install is correct. I already had additional V box so it only needed swapping over with V+ box seems very expensive, which I said to the CS rep but she said it covers the cost of activation.
    Forum Member
    They are definately wrong.

Fill in the complaint form at www.virginmedia.com/contact (remind them to look at Page 8 of The Knowledge)