• peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trump has a soft spot for Brandy ;)
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Thank god that bitch Stephanie has gone

Poor final 4

Liza - Always the one to point out when something is wrong with the task is proven to be correct, but other then that she has done nothing

Brandy - Last few tasks have not been good for her, messing up in presentations and basically not giving a crap anymore

Clint - By god I hate this man, he will probably won :(

Stuart - The only one left who probably deserves to win but wont because Trump seems to love Clint and Brandy
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the "after notes", Stephanie said she is woring for Trump.

A step up from a Sugar Daddy, I should think.

And Clint is head and shoulders the best candidate, I think. Can't see him not winning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow

Anand didn't even get the car.

lieing to the Don. Big mistake. Huge.
  • Alfie155Alfie155 Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Don't apologise, I'm the same.....What was the question.;)

and did you see Stuert's eyes checking out the theatrical women with the plunging neckline? He eventually made eye contact.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow

I'll say, his feet didn't touch the ground! So presumably one of his contacts grassed him up - or does DT have ways of vetting texts?
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay stephanie has gone, what an awful woman. Such a liar. I want Clint or brandy to win now. Really don't know how stuart has got this far, he just rides on his team mates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    wow

He didnt even get the regular uniformed elevator guy, just some lackey in shirt and tie:eek:
    Speaking of which, loved it when he asked his usual "Hi, how are you?" and David replied, "Well, I've had better days thanks for asking!"
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Yay stephanie has gone, what an awful woman. Such a liar. I want Clint or brandy to win now. Really don't know how stuart has got this far, he just rides on his team mates.

Self deluded to the very last as the yellow taxi speeds her off.

But then we find she's got a job selling Trump.:eek:

Was she Bishop from Alien 3 in another life?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Stephanie suddenly became unbelievably annoying a few episodes ago, seemed to happen out of nowhere.
    I find it funny that Liza has made it ahead of all those people that were against her, she's had a target on her back since episode 2/3 and yet she's in the final 3.
    She'll be incredibly lucky to make it any further though.

Was glad the boys lost the last task, they thought they were far too smooth in conning the girls on the products, but the girls wanted the watch and the belt anyway. lol

The secretary at the end looks at the fired candidate like she's thinking 'Ha-ha, I've got a job here and you don't. Buh-bye!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having worked for American Express in the 1980's, this stuff takes me back there.

Looking on LinkedIn, I found a few of the candidates but I'm not the only one doing this, I imagine, as where it shows who else others have looked at, there are all these executives from the Trump organisation.

They all seem to be VP's (Vice Presidents) or SVP's (Senior Vice Presidents) and there are lots of lawyers knocking around - Donald J. Trump has his own General Counsel.

All that stuff about putting your middle initial in your name; it's very US / Corporate. I remember one of my British colleagues who made his way right up the ladder and one year, I noticed that he had a middle initial of a sudden.

I found him on the internet; he's still got it!!!

All a bit pretentious really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    Having worked for American Express in the 1980's, this stuff takes me back there.

Looking on LinkedIn, I found a few of the candidates but I'm not the only one doing this, I imagine, as where it shows who else others have looked at, there are all these executives from the Trump organisation.

They all seem to be VP's (Vice Presidents) or SVP's (Senior Vice Presidents) and there are lots of lawyers knocking around - Donald J. Trump has his own General Counsel.

All that stuff about putting your middle initial in your name; it's very US / Corporate. I remember one of my British colleagues who made his way right up the ladder and one year, I noticed that he had a middle initial of a sudden.

Everyone, but everyone has a middle initial in the US. If you do not have one, they give you one. - NMN = no middle name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_name
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thank god that bitch Stephanie has gone

Poor final 4

Liza - Always the one to point out when something is wrong with the task is proven to be correct, but other then that she has done nothing

Brandy - Last few tasks have not been good for her, messing up in presentations and basically not giving a crap anymore

Clint - By god I hate this man, he will probably won :(

Stuart - The only one left who probably deserves to win but wont because Trump seems to love Clint and Brandy
    But two fired in the task last night....But we don't find out the second one till next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else enjoy last night's episode? I was creased up at the whole Clint/Stuert pairing. Stuert couldn't help joshing around, and loved his description of Texan, country boy - Clint putting his "bear paw" into the bag. Then all the suggestive double entendres, with Clint in Steurts ear piece describing the "purses." Supple, cavernous etc....and him trying desperately to keep a straight face. Good to see laughter in the boardroom too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I was so glad to see the back of Stephanie!! What a piece of work.

Nesta I was in pieces laughing at the pair of them. I think describing the bag as 'snuggly' did it for me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    I was so glad to see the back of Stephanie!! What a piece of work.

Nesta I was in pieces laughing at the pair of them. I think describing the bag as 'snuggly' did it for me!!

I went when Stuert said the only word he's missing is "moist.":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha that made me laugh too. I love Clint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »

I think in the US, VP is equivalent to Director - no doubt any half successful entrepreneur would be a director of some inc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member

:D:D that was tv gold!! I have a lot of love for Clint. I hope he can pull it off in the final!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, but everyone has a middle initial in the US. If you do not have one, they give you one. - NMN = no middle name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_name

Thanks, Gemma and just after posting, I thought about this country difference.

However, I think the use of the initial is a corporate thing. It's certainly used heavily in the Corporate world.

I have at least 200 US male friends from a tennis camp I went on in Texas during the 1990's and early 2000's and in non work, tennis related environments, not one of them uses an initial in any form of correspondence.

At Amex, the reverse was the case with every memo signed off by Rufus T. Firefly or similar.

I think my comment about pretentiousness was probably targetted more towards my British former colleague who is from the West Midlands where i imagine they would laugh out loud at the practice.

Then again, my former colleague has always been brilliant at doing the right things to get on and he has done very well indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in the US, VP is equivalent to Director - no doubt any half successful entrepreneur would be a director of some inc.

Indeed again, Gemma.

I reached what was called Director level in the Amex hierarchy and this was a well paid and respected level with 'real' senior management responsibilty, incentive schemes and nice packages.

VP was a coveted next step position and I sense used slightly less in Amex's card business than in some of the larger purely financial service / banking corporates, where almost everyone you met was a VP of something or other!!!.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been a fan of "celebrity versions" of any show, so I'm really gutted to hear that the US Apprentice only makes celebrity versions now :(

P.S. Although I did watch the last episode, what was Stephanie's lie? Aka, Miss "I've been involved in musical theatre for the last 30 years"

Which makes a mockery of the show and the concept of an Apprentice . There must be so many young people in the US that would benefit from being on the Apprentice, but no Trump and the tv network turns his back on them, and prefers making trash television with total egomaniacs like Joan Rivers, Denis Rodman etc.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Which makes a mockery of the show and the concept of an Apprentice . There must be so many young people in the US that would benefit from being on the Apprentice, but no Trump and the tv network turns his back on them, and prefers making trash television with total egomaniacs like Joan Rivers, Denis Rodman etc.

Agreed, I really didn't get the criticism of the last normal version of the show. The critics said it was inappropriate during the economic crisis.
    But giving people who are struggling to find work doesn't sound too inappropriate to me. Maybe there's something I'm missing. :confused:
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,284
    Forum Member

I guess the non-celeb version with Clint must've had pretty poor ratings in comparison to the celeb versions - and the more recent celeb versions have been pretty good (even if you didn't know who half of them were at the start of the series!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair they do raise a lot of money for charity with the celeb versions. That has far more benefits than giving just one person a job