REVEALED! The song choices for Disco Week

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Everyone's going to hate Sam C singing Relight My Fire. :D

By the way, have you consudered converting your garden shed into a 5 berth dungeon. The lads are going to need a place to stay in the next couple of weeks :p

I'm a Uni student, It'd be six of us in the one room, :D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OFF-TOPIC: Next week is Big Band. Say goodbye to the act that sings That's Life.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Uni student, It'd be six of us in the one room, :D

Ooooh. That could work. While you're at lectures and in the library they can do all the cooking, cleaning and shopping. And when you get home they can um... handwash your delicates. :o;):p
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    OFF-TOPIC: Next week is Big Band. Say goodbye to the act that sings That's Life.

producers really have their finger on the pulse as to how to unearth a potential recording artist for the 21st century

in the first 5 weeks we will have had 80s week, disco and big band week

not to mention the cheese-fest they made of movies week
    Forum Member
    Ooooh. That could work. While you're at lectures and in the library they can do all the cooking, cleaning and shopping. And when you get home they can um... handwash your delicates. :o;):p

Nice and cosy, I like the sound of the last part....I can imagine my irritating housemate would complain about the noise.....I mean six people living above her....;) Be as loud as you want, boys. She wouldn't be pleased (good :o).
  • amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Why do I have a feeling Gary is going to hate Sam singing Relight My Fire? He should have given that to Kingsland.

If he's going to hate it, he probably won't show it. He's been pretty gracious so far to people covering his songs (even though Relight is not his song, he's been singing it for over 15 years now, so it's the same). Thus being said, I, personally, don't see Sam doing a good rendition of that song.

The one who should worry is Abi, though. Doing a piano version of I Will Survive does not necessarily mean she should slow the tempo down. Gary's been singing it up tempo, with just a piano (even if it's just a mock version, it still shows that it can be easily done, so Abi has no excuse):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7nmXQSBRY
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    producers really have their finger on the pulse as to how to unearth a potential recording artist for the 21st century

Hopefully the last 6 weeks will be more, umm, current. Also, how will the Saturday guests be used to derail the targets?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice and cosy, I like the sound of the last part....I can imagine my irritating housemate would complain about the noise.....I mean six people living above her....;) Be as loud as you want, boys. She wouldn't be pleased (good :o).

And every now and then you can pretend that their noise annoying her is a problem, and that will give you an excuse to spank them. It sounds perfect. :D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    I will Survive for Abi?? :eek::eek:

Thrown straight under a bus then!

I think Luke is being favoured more now, I've always felt he's the dark horse.
    Forum Member
    a little surprised with them having niles Rodgers on a special guest on the Saturday show, which isn't something that has happened very often, and his obvious connection to this weeks theme, that as far as I can see none of the acts are doing one of "his" songs

edit : having said that maybe hes heard them all sing in the earlier weeks and refused to allow any of them to murder one of his songs
    Forum Member
    If he's going to hate it, he probably won't show it. He's been pretty gracious so far to people covering his songs (even though Relight is not his song, he's been singing it for over 15 years now, so it's the same). Thus being said, I, personally, don't see Sam doing a good rendition of that song.

The one who should worry is Abi, though. Doing a piano version of I Will Survive does not necessarily mean she should slow the tempo down. Gary's been singing it up tempo, with just a piano (even if it's just a mock version, it still shows that it can be easily done, so Abi has no excuse):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7nmXQSBRY

I can imagine him saying "I didn't love it....but it was better than last week," or something along those lines...still can't see past a Sam/Abi bottom two.

I Will Survie is going to be fairly boring...especially if she "Abifys" it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't the cheese that kiled me last week. It was the monotony of ballad after ballad. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    It wasn't the cheese that kiled me last week. It was the monotony of ballad after ballad. :sleep:

you might be wishing for a good ballad after tomorrow night :D
    Forum Member
    And every now and then you can pretend that their noise annoying her is a problem, and that will give you an excuse to spank them. It sounds perfect. :D

Kinky :D. I like your mind here ;)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Wishing On A Star is the cover girls version. :)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a little surprised with them having niles Rodgers on a special guest on the Saturday show, which isn't something that has happened very often, and his obvious connection to this weeks theme, that as far as I can see none of the acts are doing one of "his" songs

edit : having said that maybe hes heard them all sing in the earlier weeks and refused to allow any of them to murder one of his songs

And i dont blame him. I would hate to see any of the contestants murder his songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    I will Survive for Abi?? :eek::eek:

Thrown straight under a bus then!

I think Luke is being favoured more now, I've always felt he's the dark horse.

After the beasting she took last week just the song title sounds like she's begging for votes and the chorus is

Go on now go
    Walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    Cos your not welcome anymore

That's what people are going to associate with her. Another potentially quality act butchered by the x factor, because I think she will struggle after this even when she does her own songs.
    Forum Member
    After the beasting she took last week just the song title sounds like she's begging for votes and the chorus is

Go on now go
    Walk out the door
    Just turn around now
    Cos your not welcome anymore

That's what people are going to associate with her. Another potentially quality act butchered by the x factor, because I think she will struggle after this even when she does her own songs.

Best sabtoage since "I'm a creep, I'm a weirdoooo, I don't belong here, I don't belong here" by Lord Wagner.

Abi is gone this weekend, they could replace the other bottom two act with a group made up of Jedward, Rylan and the creepy sunshine twins and she'd still go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinky :D. I like your mind here ;)

Well with 5 boys in one room you will need to maintain discipllne and occasionally remind them that their job is to cater to your every whim.... :o
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick note: Alexandra, Danyl, and Treyc all narrowly escaped the danger zone when they sang Relight My Fire. Ditto for Laura with Somebody Else's Guy. Austin was eliminated singing Wish Upon a Star.

Tamera should be fine. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm guessing Wishing On A Star is the cover girls version. :)

Post a link? Please. I haven't heard CoverGirls version! :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Abi AltonI Will Survive
      Subliminal much? Diana Ross and RuPaul couldn't do it justice; what are her chances?
    2. Hannah BarrettSomebody Else’s Guy
      She needs to tell stories with her voice. This is her chance.
    3. Kingsland RoadBlame It On The Boogie
      Oh no. They might as well do adverts for Kraft cheese.
    4. Luke FriendPlay That Funky Music
      He can't perform this in place, so his sloppy stage movements will be put to the test here.
    5. Nicholas McDonaldRock With You
      He will look like a lost child with this, not that he will be called out on it.
    6. Rough CopySeptember
      Excellent choice, at least compared to the last two weeks.
    7. Sam BaileyNo More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
      Who knew you-a doing uptempo, ow! I wonder how she will work the stage, though.
    8. Sam CallahanRelight My Fire
      As a song, okay, but this has been done so many times, and for the first time since Gary (whose group covered it) became a judge.
    9. Tamera FosterWishing On A Star
      Do we really need more subliminal messages on how she's a star? Perhaps?

Very interesting post with honest opinions :). However

(1) Yes no doubt Abi will Survive as she is honestly like Marmite, you either love her or hate her. I remember years ago in the early 90's, when Tori Amos released "Cornflake Girl", around the same time of the likes of Wendy Moten's "Come in out of the rain", I was horrified when I heard Cornflake girl as I was pretty sure that I hated the song, but found myself wanting to listen to it, where as I loved the Wendy Moten song. Abi is much like Tori Amos in that sense, has got an appeal to a certain audience, and while she hasn't got the X factor so far, she will do well in her own market.

(2) Interesting song choice for Hannah, if she doesn't shout through it, then she could do a pretty good job & will no doubt be safe for at least one more week. Yes Hannah has got stories to tell with her voice, but if they continue to be shouting sob stories, then she needs to go back to pasty selling asap. Once again, Hannah will have a market that she appeals to, so she will get signed, that can pretty much be guaranteed. But I very much doubt she will get strings of number one hits or sell out stadiums doing tours. There are loads of Soul artists that have got more talent than she could ever have & they don't get into the market, main radio station airplay etc etc as Soul is dying Genre. There are plenty of acts if you go out looking for them, but you cannot switch onto a typical music channel & be guaranteed a Soul song straight away.

Kingsland Road - Poor song choice & basically a poor man's Union Jockstrap, "Don't Blame it on the sunshine, Don't Blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times, blame it on Gary Barlow" for even letting letting them get this far.

Luke - Pretty much a simple song choice for him that is pretty difficult to balls up, this could see him safe for another week.

Nicholas - No just no, terrible song choice for him, I don't rock with only 16 year olds, and even if I did, they wouldn't be the likes of you.

Rough Copy - Love, Earth Wind and fire & even tho I would have preferred to hear them try "Fantasy", they should do a pretty good job with September & wasn't a predictable song like Boogie Wonderland or a song from the Jackson five. I hope they do well with this song as I want them to stay in the competition for as long as possible.

Sam Bailey - Yes this is what I am talking about, a cracking song for a cracking voice, if Sam can pull this one off then it will be great, even tho she is probably directing it at Hannah. :p

Sam Callahan - The judges know he is terrible but see £'s in their eyes with cash register sounds going ting in their ears, due to his pretty boy looks. Relight my fire eh ???, only if you pour Paraffin over yourself first eh Sammy boy, who knows we may get a decent sound out of you.

Tamera Foster - Predictable lame choice of song, which was already ruined by the finalists as a charity single. But of course she will be safe & she has got the complete package, so will more than likely steal the show.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Quick note: Alexandra, Danyl, and Treyc all narrowly escaped the danger zone when they sang Relight My Fire. Ditto for Laura with Somebody Else's Guy. Austin was eliminated singing Wish Upon a Star.

Let's hope that lightning strikes twice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Let's hope that lightning strikes twice

Keep wishing. Not gonna happen. :)
    Forum Member
    Well with 5 boys in one room you will need to maintain discipllne and occasionally remind them that their job is to cater to your every whim.... :o

Ohhh, at this rate, I'd have one of them do....my essays. Or send them into Uni for me.:o. During the day, of course. I'm sure I can think of ways to fill the rest of the time :D