Options

I just don't get how people can call Janet good...

2»

Comments

• Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Janet is dreadful and the worse 'singer' ever on the show, and that includes Jedwood - at least they have personality. She should have gone weeks ago and yes why was she kept in over Amelia Lily who has a far superior voice to Janet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by lorra62
    i also cant understand what all the fuss is about, i think she is nothing special and should have gone home weeks ago..

Maybe the Irish don't want her back and that's why they keep voting?

ROFLMAO!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why Janet is doing well...

1- Simplicity. She doesn't need elaborate choreography to perform. No need for pyrotechnics or backing dancers jumping around on stage. No gimmicks required.

2- Consistency. Other than one week where she was stupidly pressured to do "something different", she's stuck to the style which suits her best, which is basically Ellie Goulding-type folk pop and it's working well for her.

I agree:

1. Simplicity - it is boring to watch (can you image a whole concert of it - should cure insomnia).
    2. Consistency - it is consistently poor (last night's performance was bottom of the pile again especially when compared to Mischa, Little Mix and Marcus.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    DoccoD wrote: »
    Because other people are allowed opinions of their own?

Not according to some posters on here:rolleyes:

However, I am no fan of Janet, just a fan of free speech
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    But your opinion of the techical aspect of her singing and lack of star quality isn't a fact - it's your opinion.

Don't get me started again! I refer you to a previous post I made that no-one has rebutted. It is a scientific fact she cannot sing in tune.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moses455 wrote: »
    Don't get me started again! I refer you to a previous post I made that no-one has rebutted. It is a scientific fact she cannot sing in tune.

I don't really care for scientific facts when it comes to music, which like many other art forms, is subjective.

For instance, I love Degas' work. I also think much of Jackson Pollock's work is a load of tripe, ditto Tracy Emin. But I appreciate that not everyone thinks so.

I love Janet's voice, and her performance was my favourite last night. If others don't agree, that's fine. Science doesn't come into it for me, I just like what I like. Why can't people just accept that music is subjective?