Options

Why was my thread closed ?

whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
Forum Member
✭✭
re the slingbox, tv license question ?

Did I break a rule ?

I had a reply that said I needed a license if I was watching via a slingbox and another that said as long as the original location had a license then I didn't need one ?? confused ??

Only asking as if I broke a rule I don't want to make same mistake again ?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    It's still there mate.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Community Guidelines:
    "Where has my thread gone?" "Why was my post removed?" "Why was I/XX banned?"

These are not questions that can be answered on the forum. Please contact us directly with your query via http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/?contact_type=forum

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/announcement.php?f=108&a=319

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time TVL threads were put in their own little subforum, this place is being overran with the petty fueds that seem to take over.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    re the slingbox, tv license question ?

Did I break a rule ?

I had a reply that said I needed a license if I was watching via a slingbox and another that said as long as the original location had a license then I didn't need one ?? confused ??

Only asking as if I broke a rule I don't want to make same mistake again ?

Dave
    No you didn't, the two posts answered completely different things (Slingbox on a TV vs phone).
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people refuse to discuss anything to do with the TV Licence.

That's fine, but changing times and technology wait for no bird in the bush.

Who can possibly understand the TVL rules without some help?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    my thread has been closed as well, any chance to clarify last post by the first Books.anyone have some info about it?
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about time TVL threads were put in their own little subforum, this place is being overran with the petty fueds that seem to take over.:rolleyes:

I quite agree I have not been a member of DS that long and I got hacked off looking at threads about the TV licence.
    Is there some place to ask about making this happen?
  • Options
    the first Booksthe first Books Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boloney wrote: »
    my thread has been closed as well, any chance to clarify last post by the first Books.anyone have some info about it?

You can read The TVL guidance I was quoting here http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

I suggest for full clarification you contact TV licensing.

But if you are watching/recording live TV as it is being broadcast from anywhere, via satellite, you require a TV licence.

This is my and others guidance to you posted on here.

The answer to the original issue you raised is in my opinion easily found on the web.

PS People have tried in court the defence of "I do not watch via satellite any "UK" channels and failed.

Hope that helps.

(Also surprised your thread has been locked.)
This discussion has been closed.