Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Boy............... :eek:
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this film on this thread but I watched Silence Of The Lambs last night and can I just say it was a weird, weird film. I also admit Anthony Hopkins played the role of Hannibal Lector really well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I think the Human Centipede flicks are actually good horror films and the fact that they're based on an idea that came from a discussion about suitable and justifiable punishment for sex offenders makes it disturbing. The films themselves though are a little too silly to be disturbing.

Serbian Film is one I refuse to watch based on what I've heard and know about it. Not my idea of a good movie night. Martyrs was intense and graphic but truly worth watching and brilliant at the same time.

As far as disgusting.....Keith Lemon: The Film. I haven't seen it but I can't imagine why anyone would put down money to see it...that disturbs me.
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Spit of your Grave is quite good. A couple of wtf moments.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Does anything really beat Cannibal Holocaust?
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irreversible (2002) contains one of the most disturbing scenes ever. That being a guy bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher until his face is flat, with the camera never shying away from the action.
    The film itself isn’t disgusting. It is an amazing piece of cinematography, but this one scene is more horrific than anything I have ever seen, including actual footage of beheadings.

The film also contains another rather unpleasant scene involving Monica Bellucci, but it isn’t a patch on the fire extinguisher!

“Before being submitted to the BBFC for theatrical release in the UK, the film competed at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2002, where it was nominated for the Palme D’Or. During the screening, over 200 audience members walked out in disgust, whilst a handful fainted and required medical attention – but those who stayed the course gave the film a five minute standing ovation“
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Irreversible (2002) contains one of the most disturbing scenes ever. That being a guy bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher until his face is flat, with the camera never shying away from the action.
    The film itself isn’t disgusting. It is an amazing piece of cinematography, but this one scene is more horrific than anything I have ever seen, including actual footage of beheadings.

The film also contains another rather unpleasant scene involving Monica Bellucci, but it isn’t a patch on the fire extinguisher!

I thought that rape scene was far worse, it upset me a lot. a graphic 9 minite sequence(in the uncut version), one long take, no edits or close up and fixed camerawith both actors in frame all the time(until the last scene) and ending with extreme physically violence on the woman.
    One of the few scenes in films that had stayed with me afterwards and truly shocked me.

A very accurate portrayal of what rape really is though.
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, for me the rape was a lot more disturbing and horrifying to watch. Brilliant, brilliant film though.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrisToria wrote: »
    I think the Human Centipede flicks are actually good horror films and the fact that they're based on an idea that came from a discussion about suitable and justifiable punishment for sex offenders makes it disturbing. The films themselves though are a little too silly to be disturbing.

Serbian Film is one I refuse to watch based on what I've heard and know about it. Not my idea of a good movie night. Martyrs was intense and graphic but truly worth watching and brilliant at the same time.

As far as disgusting.....Keith Lemon: The Film. I haven't seen it but I can't imagine why anyone would put down money to see it...that disturbs me.
    Keith Lemon aka whoever is just a parasitical use whoever is available....for his own desperately needy tainted and unfunny ego. Yes I find him and many other so called panel comedians disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Me gots a list of traumatic / horror movies for your delectation. :)
    Only a few though. I'll get the rest later:

Stoker(2013) (Looking forward to this one)

Suspiria

Old boy

Switchblade romance

Livid

Scum

Threads

Irreversible

Silence of the lambs

Melancholie der Engel" ("The Angel's Melancholy")

Farmhouse

Dead Silence

Frontier(s) - french film

Red white and blue

The seed

Irreversible

Haute tension

Emergo (2011)

The girl next door

Silenced (2011)

Ichi the killer

Philosophy of a Knife

Human centipede 2

The devils rejects

Mama 2013

Maniac 2012

The possession 2012

The original faces of death

The torturer

The tall man
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    JJ Abrams idea of Star Trek.
  • Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Cannibal Ferox

I think it was banned for years.
    Forum Member
    I Spit of your Grave is quite good. A couple of wtf moments.

Is that the one where the woman is in the cabin in the middle of no where alone and she gets gang raped then she goes out and gets the most insane revenge on them all?

If so then that film was good and quite disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannibal Ferox

I think it was banned for years.

It was banned in a lot of places, and you still can't buy a completely uncut version on DVD in the UK. Some of the violence is still quite shocking (and the animal cruelty is always a sticking point when it comes to releasing these films uncut), but I'm surprised it still hasn't been released at least mostly uncut by now.

Personally, I struggled to take a lot of the film seriously when I watched it, as I watched a dubbed version. Some of the dialogue was hilariously bad.
    Forum Member
    embryo wrote: »
    It was banned in a lot of places, and you still can't buy a completely uncut version on DVD in the UK. Some of the violence is still quite shocking (and the animal cruelty is always a sticking point when it comes to releasing these films uncut), but I'm surprised it still hasn't been released at least mostly uncut by now.

Personally, I struggled to take a lot of the film seriously when I watched it, as I watched a dubbed version. Some of the dialogue was hilariously bad.

It was years ago I saw it but it always stuck in my head for the violence.

I'm surprised that in this day and age that the full version hasn't been re-released either.

I think The Burning was supposed to be quite violent too wasn't it and didn't that also get banned for a while? I didn't see this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Snowtown
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said i should watch Inbreds. Has it's moments but it's a bit mehh really. I told my daughter if she went to Yorkshire, that's exactly what it's like. More of a fly-on-the wall docu-soap than a film :D

I found that film hilarious, then again my family are from Yorkshire.
    Ebola Syndrome is a grim film.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murder Set Pieces - I actually loved this one I enjoyed the lead role.
    Flowers of Flesh and Blood
    Grotesque

Flowers of Flesh and Blood was reported for murder as it looked so real it is disgusting, like Cannibal Holocaust the Director had to hunt the cast to avoid a murder charge.

Don't have a weak stomach enjoy? :)
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scum made me feel numb.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newish one...The Woman. Bloody good film though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Newish one...The Woman. Bloody good film though

OMG i was thinking of this one, was gonna put it on here :eek:
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover - so bad it was truly horrific.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the Saw franchise!

Honestly I just feel completely squeamish whenever I was it!

What worries me even more is that someone actually thinks about them murders so vividly and then turns them into a movie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    American Pie 2. It really was cringeworthy filth.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Any of the Saw franchise!

Honestly I just feel completely squeamish whenever I was it!

What worries me even more is that someone actually thinks about them murders so vividly and then turns them into a movie!

The Saw films are pretty mild stuff compared to some of the mentions in this thread, to be honest! Except maybe Saw III. That was the most brutal one.

Speaking of brutal. Martyrs.