Options

Dragon's Den

Comments

• Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

I'm shocked Michelle Mone isn't joining obviously her hints were meaningless.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will give them a chance, but for me quite a disappointment they haven't really managed to get one of the 'bigger names' in like Michelle Mone...Obviously they wouldn't have managed three but I can't say I've ever heard of any of the three names, the closest I would get is Moonpig.com!

Even on Series 1 at least I had an idea who Peter Jones was!
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Agree, you could say the same about Kelly to be honest.

From stories in the paper a few months ago she doesn't have any money anyway, the latest accounts for her 'design business' are woeful. Allegedly. :)

Whenever she says 'I'm out' i shout at the telly 'You don't have any money anyway', sad that i am :D
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnathome wrote: »
    From stories in the paper a few months ago she doesn't have any money anyway, the latest accounts for her 'design business' are woeful. Allegedly. :)

Whenever she says 'I'm out' i shout at the telly 'You don't have any money anyway', sad that i am :D

You are wrong Kelly is a multi-millionaire her dad was a multi-millionaire when he died and left her a fortune. Her partner is also a multi-millionaire.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen SW in a foodie programme, Raymond le Blanc's Restaurant.
  • Options
    testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    You are wrong Kelly is a multi-millionaire her dad was a multi-millionaire when he died and left her a fortune. Her partner is also a multi-millionaire.

I believe her nose is also a multi-millionaire.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnr wrote: »
    Will give them a chance, but for me quite a disappointment they haven't really managed to get one of the 'bigger names' in like Michelle Mone...Obviously they wouldn't have managed three but I can't say I've ever heard of any of the three names, the closest I would get is Moonpig.com!

Even on Series 1 at least I had an idea who Peter Jones was!
    I'm glad Michelle Mone isn't one of the new ones. She's annoying enough appearing on The Apprentice You're Fired.

I had no clue who any of the original Dragons were to begin with. It doesn't matter what their backgrounds or profile are, the important point is how strong a character they are. People like Peter and Duncan are prepared to roll the dice (as long as it's loaded in their favour). With luck at least one of the new team will have a bit of nerve too.
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice how one looks really like Theo Paphitis!
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was only season 1-2 on DVD but not the newer ones? Itunes UK doesn't have them but other countries do?
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump any ideas why the other series are not on DVD?
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I do watch the show, it is not a patch on Shark Tank, and Dragons Den Canada. More knowledgeable investors, better products, and the entrepreneurs seem to have more ambition.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New series starts tomorrow night, only Debs and Peter left from the originals, won't be th same without Duncan.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I'll give it a go, haven't regularly watched it for a few series now.

Think this change of Dragons might be the last throw of the dice for the show.

Hope the newbies are better than Kelly and Piers, the producers got it horribly wrong with those two.

Theo is a huge miss IMO.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I'll give it a go, haven't regularly watched it for a few series now.

Think this change of Dragons might be the last throw of the dice for the show.

Hope the newbies are better than Kelly and Piers, the producers got it horribly wrong with those two.

Theo is a huge miss IMO.

I liked Piers, I'll give this a go later but it looked liked it has changed to much for my liking .
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    New series starts tomorrow night, only Debs and Peter left from the originals, won't be th same without Duncan.

Only Peter actually - Deborah wasn't an original.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Only Peter actually - Deborah wasn't an original.

Was it Rachel Elnaugh she replaced?

She stayed on DD even after her business failed IIRC, I think it was Peter and Theo that bailed her out. Not a great investor to go to for business advice!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    I'm glad Michelle Mone isn't one of the new ones. She's annoying enough appearing on The Apprentice You're Fired.

I had no clue who any of the original Dragons were to begin with. It doesn't matter what their backgrounds or profile are, the important point is how strong a character they are. People like Peter and Duncan are prepared to roll the dice (as long as it's loaded in their favour). With luck at least one of the new team will have a bit of nerve too.

You're glad.
    I'm delighted. :D

She annoys me intensely. >:(
    Grouty wrote: »

I loved Duncan's quirkiness.
    I'll miss him. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it Rachel Elnaugh she replaced?

Yes indeed. There was also Doug Richard and Simon Woodroffe - bet those two would be "Pointless answers" ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Yes indeed. There was also Doug Richard and Simon Woodroffe - bet those two would be "Pointless answers" ;)

I reckon Richard Farleigh would be the pointless answer 😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reckon Richard Farleigh would be the pointless answer 😁

Maybe so. I think they did once do DD on Pointless but I can't remember the results :)
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bets on how long it will take Peter to mention Levi Roots?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Bets on how long it will take Peter to mention Levi Roots?

Or the fact him and Deborah have invested together before

That always seems to get mentioned
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    I've seen SW in a foodie programme, Raymond le Blanc's Restaurant.

Indeed.

That was the one where they got rid of several very competent restaurant owners in favour of two jokers who made cocktails but struggled with boiling an egg. It rendered the title of the series an absolute joke.

If they were looking to roll out a chain of cocktail bars then they should have said so.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the new series especially with the introduction of 3 brand new dragons. I hope it refreshes the show BUT please stop with the sob stories and the like they introduced into the last series, we don't need their life story or any of that! I also hope they get rid of that awful lift and just let them enter the room. It wastes so much just seeing them standing in the lift doing nothing.

Is it me or does one of the new dragons look a lot like Theo?

Does anyone know if this series will be a continuous run of 12 episodes or will it be as shambolic as last series with it being shown in 2 blocks of six episodes and no one knowing when it comes back after the break (i think it was after New Year if i remember correctly from last series) and it slowly dying a death.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    So only "God I love myself" and "Grumpy Old Woman" left! :D

Let's hope the newbies brings some fresh air to the programme, but as ever that depends on the greatness of the ideas we get through the doors (or lift in this case).