Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    goodol lsgoodol ls Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fancy I will be going to one soon.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    goodol ls wrote: »
    Hazy with another dazy lazy.

Haha. This is good. Me getting told off from a troll account which is either Declan Khan in disguise or i'm guessing Jimmy or Dave or someone from a certain british wrestling forum. You're not in any position to criticize any of my posts so....hush. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you had blocked me lazy hazy.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're doing this shit again? It's like I was never away.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goodol ls wrote: »
    I thought you had blocked me lazy hazy.

We all know you're the same person. It's not amusing in the slightest.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,032
    Forum Member
    How long before this rivalry descends to " my dad is bigger than your dad"?
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it had descended into that ages ago. :D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Take out the "Bigger than" and you are close to the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if you really think that James then why don't you go tell the moderators your opininon and they can take a closer look at the IP addresses or infact maybe that's why whedon is gone too.

Getting to be a bit of a graveyard now isn't it. All dropping like flies. Soon you'll be able to count the regular members in this thread on one hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is preposterous. A disgusting character assassination.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I wish people would stop saying it's fake :(

I agree its what a non fan would say. Wrestling fans shouldnt be saying it.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reading this thread. Just like wrestling there are heals and faces and turns and inbetweens. ;-)
  • Options
    jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I love reading this thread. Just like wrestling there are heals and faces and turns and inbetweens. ;-)

Very true. I think I'm the grizzled old vet who doesn't like change as the business passes him by :)
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Oh man. If you think USA Network are gonna pay for the fake wrestling on NXT when Vince retires and Triple H takes over you must be outta your mind.
    Wait, are you suggesting that USA believe they're paying for real wrestling with the current WWE product?
    They might aswell rename the USA Network The Wrestling Channel and to think back in the day the USA Network was a good channel, known for many shows, now all it's known for is wrestling and reruns of old TV shows. Basically the American version of Sky One.
    So we can add Sky1 to the list of things hazy knows nothing about then. Also the USA Network while we're at it.
    Now don't get me wrong. Raw is shite and aimed at children but the whole point of wrestling is for it to be pantomime and sleazy. The women should be sexy, there should be violence, there should be bad acting. That's wrestling!
    Who, exactly, says the whole point of wrestling is to be pantomime and sleazy? What, exactly, are you drawing that assertion from?
    If you are serious. Do you reallly think 3 hours of NXT on Raw Monday nights would get good ratings?
    I firmly believe that 3 hours of logically booked television involving a roster of performers I care about telling stories I'm invested in would get good ratings.
    WWE has 3-4 million people watching Raw every week..............they can't even convince them to buy the Network!
    But again when the WWE was supposedly at this super awesome best in the 90s it was only ever able to convert a small percentage of its global television audience into paying customers for Pay-Per-View so why would the Network be any different? It should be noted in fact that the Network is already much more successful than basically every Pay-Per-View the WWE has ever held so I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here. Not every person who watches Raw has subscribed to the Network so the Network is an abject failure? That's really what you want to spin here?
    Well since he was referred to as Samoa Joe a handful of times on the NXT show itself that's not surprising
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has raw always had 3-4mill viewers per week in america? How was the ratings in say 2004-2005?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The average TV audience in 2001 was 4.64, 2002 was 4.01, and from 2003-2007 the five year average was 3.75.

2004:

Highest:4.5
    Lowest:2.7
    Average:3.7

2005:

Highest:4.4
    Lowest:2.6
    Average:3.6

Ratings have been on a decline since 2001 and as you can see from those 2 years alone, the PG rating has done nothing to help viewership. Can you imagine WWE getting a 4.4 now? They seem to be making more money now than they ever did but there are certainly not as many people watching wrestling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But this is the thing hazy, nobody is denying that viewership has fallen and nobody is claiming PG has done anything for ratings so your constant repetition of this is pointless.

You've said it yourself, less people are watching WWE than in 2004 yet they are taking more money than ever. PG is working in a business sense. Less people are watching than in the Attitude Era yet the PG Era is making more money, as a business that is WWE's #1 objective.

The average in 2004 was 3.7 and in 2014 it was 2.95. Despite that, NBCUniversal was willing to pay WWE more than it ever has to keep WWE programming in 2014. Why is that? Is that because PG is failing?

The way is see PG is failing, Under 17's fell from 29% to 23% between 2004 and 2014. The audience is getting older, not younger. So they obviously aren't targeting the kids hard enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just take Hazy at face value for a second (I know, I know.) Wrestling is in decline, no one likes it anymore, it's an embarrassing children's show that pretends to be a real sport but it's fake, everyone in it is either 40+ playing an old act or just looks like the average geek in the street. The whole thing is just shambolic and is on a slow, agonising death spiral.

So why does he keep posting about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Let's just take Hazy at face value for a second (I know, I know.) Wrestling is in decline, no one likes it anymore, it's an embarrassing children's show that pretends to be a real sport but it's fake, everyone in it is either 40+ playing an old act or just looks like the average geek in the street. The whole thing is just shambolic and is on a slow, agonising death spiral.

Because it makes him feel superior to all us mongs? Because he has nothing better to do? He likes to be wrong? He likes to have people make him look stupid by very easily disputing pretty much everything he posts?

Possibilities are endless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it makes him feel superior to all us mongs? Because he has nothing better to do? He likes to be wrong? He likes to have people make him look stupid by very easily disputing pretty much everything he posts?

Possibilities are endless.

He would have to be in some seriously deep denial if it was actually the first one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He would have to be in some seriously deep denial if it was actually the first one!

As long as it makes him happy. It makes me happy to have somebody to prove wrong :D
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    The average TV audience in 2001 was 4.64, 2002 was 4.01, and from 2003-2007 the five year average was 3.75.

2004:

Highest:4.5
    Lowest:2.7
    Average:3.7

2005:

Highest:4.4
    Lowest:2.6
    Average:3.6

Ratings have been on a decline since 2001 and as you can see from those 2 years alone, the PG rating has done nothing to help viewership. Can you imagine WWE getting a 4.4 now? They seem to be making more money now than they ever did but there are certainly not as many people watching wrestling.

mmmm wonder as a business i would rather have, More viewers or more money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it makes him happy. It makes me happy to have somebody to prove wrong :D

It makes me have migraine trying to read it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I just skim read now. I've read 90% of it before so it's just making sure he is talking about the same TV show that Raw beats in ratings and viewership, despite being held up as an example of what America is watching, as he was 3 months ago
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just block him - far simpler. Just cannot be arsed reading it.

I never knew hazy could be so positive. :D
This discussion has been closed.