How many bags do you use???

2»

Comments

• LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camer wrote: »
    A local charity will take any white plastic bags from us, they use the bags for small amounts of coal so that pensioners do not have to lift a heavy shovel or scuttle just throw the sealed bag into the fire so there is no mess or fuss.

Wot ?! People still use coal ? :eek:

Only Joking.:p

I find it refreshing to see how Ireland went from a plastic bag ridden country to practically litter free.

I was still living there when they changed the plastic bag policy, it's time other countries followed suit, asap, like France where I lived after or Belgium where I live now.

BTW I'll be moving to Ireland again in about a year. Hooray!
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camer wrote: »
    Do you have seperate bins for different types of refuge? I have 3 bins that are emptied weekly with bottles being collected fortnightly. In addition we have several clothes banks and a few large bins for dog poo and nappies which we are not allowed to put in any of our bins. There does seem to be a massive difference between councils and their policies in the U.K

6 big open top paladins for general rubbish, two small wheelie bins for food (not used often as it's logistically difficult to get the food from the flats into the bins), 4 big wheelie bins for recycling rubbish.
  • camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    6 big open top paladins for general rubbish, two small wheelie bins for food (not used often as it's logistically difficult to get the food from the flats into the bins), 4 big wheelie bins for recycling rubbish.

Ah, your bins are all communal. I see that that would cause a problem with people misusing them and not closing lids etc.
  • SpoonfedVomitSpoonfedVomit Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends, when we went shopping yesterday we bought some milk, some pizzas and a few cases of beer, put the cases in the trolly and used two different bags for the pizzas and milk. Im sure this is what most people do im sure
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost never use bags. I put my food into cardboard boxes or just leave it in the trolley.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just use the sacking material-type bags that can be used over and over again, in fact I have never worn one out yet. I cannot remember the last time I use a plastic bag in any shop I always refuse them if offered. Living in the sticks with a useless bus service I always go to the shops in my car and always have plenty of bags in the boot. Heavier, larger items go straight to the car from the trolley anyway.

Nothing to do with saving the world or the environment, to be honest I could not care less about that, I just prefer to use stronger long life bags for MY convenience.