Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Hunt wrote: »
    I'd like to know which school this person attended!

In the conversation one of them mentions to this bloke that they're 18. So that says a lot.
  • Options
    Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    In the conversation one of them mentions to this bloke that they're 18. So that says a lot.

Youf ov 2day, innit! :o
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »

Well to be fair people I went to school with talk like that on FB and they are in their 30's
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    A while back someone I know was bragging about moving in with his girlfriend, and all the holidays they would soon be going on.
    Today he is on facebook complaining because someone has told the council that his girlfriend is claiming hb while he is working.

If you are going to try and fiddle the system then ffs why plaster your whole life on facebook for all to see.
  • Options
    Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    A while back someone I know was bragging about moving in with his girlfriend, and all the holidays they would soon be going on.
    Today he is on facebook complaining because someone has told the council that his girlfriend is claiming hb while he is working.

If you are going to try and fiddle the system then ffs why plaster your whole life on facebook for all to see.

ha ha. Sounds like a smart guy!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    For some reason, whenever I read that kind of text talk, I imagine that the author has a voice like Gayle Tuesday's! That's even with people I know!

Given my locality, its a bit more like an even more OTT-Welshy Joanna Page :D
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Cocained wrote: »
    This is a status I just saw after people wished him a happy birthday:

"Thank you all for the facebook messages, the phone calls, the texts, the voice mail messages, the cards and the gifts flown from around the world. x"

May I trump you

"Thank You all who wished me a happy birthday. Text, twitter, inbox, bbm, fb, whatsapp, hotmail, phoned, post, knocked my door, my prezzies, etc. Oh wow, yesturday was an amazing day. "

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given my locality, its a bit more like an even more OTT-Welshy Joanna Page :D

Gav!? Whatttt you on abouuut?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had any gems on Facebook for ages...I wonder if they're on to us :(
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    ‎22 in 15mins... woo how time flies! x

I don''t care but I care enough to post here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »
    ‎22 in 15mins... woo how time flies! x

I don''t care but I care enough to post here :)

Just me that spots a bit of a flaw with this post?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gav!? Whatttt you on abouuut?

That's about it, yeah :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I don't find anyone covered in food, no matter what age they are, funny or endearing. It just makes me feel sick.

Ditto.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I have someone who all week has been counting down to her romantic get away weekend with her oh and how it will be nice just the two of them spending time together.

So far theyve been there about 3 hours and shes already put at least five different statuses letting us all know where they are, what they are eating, where they are going, what the hotels like etc. So much for a weekend break just the two of them! Each status has replies which she is replying to. I think i would feel a little offended if i had booked a weekend get away and my oh was on the phone updating facebook every minute of it!
  • Options
    astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the most "WTF?" thing I've read in a very long time:

"Do you know that between 44% and 64.923% of women in the UK were drugged and used as prostitutes by their husbands. If you were always faithful get a DNA check if you think your children do not look like him, to reveal the truth."

Posted in all seriousness.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it always amuses me that the only people who ever post about all the exercise they do are visibly overweight, and have been posting about `1000 cals burnt at boot camp` for actual years and still not lost anything
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any gems on Facebook for ages...I wonder if they're on to us :(

Me either :(
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of mine (Of "Jans still dead" fame) has updated her status about the snow 7 times since last night, plus a photo of the snow, to which her brother has replied "****ing hell. ya keep banging on about this snow! We can all see it!" (I so want to like that!!!)

(All in all since yesterday, she's updated her status 13 times!) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to understand this thread. If you don't like the statuses that some people write, why would you spend time copying and pasting them to another forum to discuss them further? Surely not to ridicule them because that would just be unkind.

Surely if someone annoys you on Facebook on a regular basis then you unfriend them. If they are close family, and you don't feel you could unfriend then you can unsubscribe so you don't see their statuses.

I guess I must be missing something on this thread, but from a quick glance it just seems very judgemental.

Lighten up :) It's a bit of fun. I mean, to turn your own question around, if this thread bothers you, then why do you continue to read it?

And really, when people are posting pictures of their friend's pooh, or claiming that about half of British men have drugged their wives and used them as prostitutes, how on earth do you expect people to react?!?!
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astra19E wrote: »

"Do you know that between 44% and 64.923% of women in the UK were drugged and used as prostitutes by their husbands. If you were always faithful get a DNA check if you think your children do not look like him, to reveal the truth."

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Clearly the people who post this sort of thing have not thought it through!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Routine,nope that went out the window when daddy returned to work Up twice last night an a busy day today, need to get more bleach as I look like a patch work doll half blonde some dark some red haha, but gunna look lush once it is done
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    astra19E wrote: »

How does that even work? Who is going to pay to have sex with a comatose, unresponsive woman when you can just get married?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    One of mine (Of "Jans still dead" fame) has updated her status about the snow 7 times since last night, plus a photo of the snow, to which her brother has replied "****ing hell. ya keep banging on about this snow! We can all see it!" (I so want to like that!!!)

(All in all since yesterday, she's updated her status 13 times!) :rolleyes:

I don't think I updated mine 13 times last year.

I saw my so-called 'Highlights of 2012', which seemed to consist of a picture I took of a rainbow and somebody else's pic that included me standing around looking bored at a works do. I thought 'if those are my highlights of 2012, either I'm a boring sod or Facebook is...'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Here's something else... if you're feeling a bit poorly, you can look up your symptoms on various sites to see if you might need a doctor.

Why do pages such as 'Causes of constipation or bloating' have a 'like/share on Facebook' button? :confused::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I know someone who's on facebook. This was her latest update:
    her cat can give messages to her about dead people

freaky baby
This discussion has been closed.