Save my skin!

morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It doesn't matter what moisturiser I use, in the morning my skin is so dry it's taut.

Currently use hot (not boiling obviously!) cloth cleansing followed by a cold ish blast of water then moisturiser.

Tried all sorts of creams, Lacura, Nivea soft, acqeous, face oils etc.

Nothing seems to work.

Am I doing something wrong in my routine? Is there another product I could try? Is my application wrong?

Comments

• BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe try a hydrating toner instead of the water?
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    At risk of stating the obvious, but could you be dehydrated? Do you drink enough water? I have dry skin and I find it's generally much better when I've been keeping my water intake up.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Have you tried Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream? It's very rich (too much for my skin) and different in texture to most moisturisers.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drink loads of water....mainly because I love it but generally no, I'm not dehydrated.

Have tried Elizabeth Arden too. I used to think it was the central heating but that idea has been vetoe'd now it's summer. I even take evening primrose oil and have done for at least a year. The only thing that stops it is putting more moisturiser on as soon as I get up. It's a pain!
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was given some sachets of Biotherm's aquasource in Boots last weeek and loved it. My skins been really dehydrated since taking steriods for my asthma and although not dry it looked parched. I loved the Biotherm stuff and my sking is looking really smooth just now. I went in and bought both the moisturiser and serum as there's a sale on. The box reduced to £4.99 contains half the amount of serum that sells for almost £30. My previous skincare was Chanel so I'm delighted for find something that works at less than half the price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter what moisturiser I use, in the morning my skin is so dry it's taut.

Currently use hot (not boiling obviously!) cloth cleansing followed by a cold ish blast of water then moisturiser.

Tried all sorts of creams, Lacura, Nivea soft, acqeous, face oils etc.

Nothing seems to work.

Am I doing something wrong in my routine? Is there another product I could try? Is my application wrong?

I find I get this problem some times too, although it seems to come around when I get hayfever or a cold.

Do you smoke?

Smoking and alcohol and greasy food really affects your skin. I know people say this a lot but its true, I grow up with very bad skin so have a lot of personal experience.

If you do any of those things then try to cut them all down. Whats good is that you WILL start to notice the difference after only a few weeks (1-2) once they are out of your system.

I also use products from Simple, they seem to work best as they are not very aggressive. They're not too expensive either actually and you can normally find a good offer at Boots or Asda.

Hope that helps!