Options

So much for no love and warmth

adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
Forum Member
✭✭
Theres so many reasons why EE is a mess right now.
1 of them is when the new producer took over he said there would be none of this hugging holding hands etc. Sorry i must have been missing something cause what the hell was that all about last night the whole swimming thing and everyone jumping in the water cause Mick did 1 length. Of course the music aswel. Sorry but apart from 1or 2 things nothings really improved everyone that comes on here knows i think therers to many Carters the fact another one is on the way is a bit of a joke.
Someone actually made a good point Shirley has been in Eastenders for a whyle now. Never has she mentioned any of her family apart from the ones we all allready new about then all of a sudden everyone comes out of the blue.
Another issue as i said there now getting involved with other peoples stories. Linda involved with Sharon Mick involved with Ian Shirley again for the 5th hundred time involved with Phil Stan involved with whatever Cora actually does.
Im sorry this is a rant another 1 of the problems repeated storylines once again Bianca in debt well not anymore but weve seen it before. The only thing im looking forward to at the moment is Nicks return simpley cause i love it when he calls Dot ma. The rest cant even be bottherd am i supose to take Shirley been Micks mums seriously give me a break.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    China want their wall back
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you want the show with no love and warmth? The problem with Newman is that there was too much! DTC has a good balance.

Regarding your second point, what's wrong with characters getting involved in other characters storylines? That's been the same since the soap started.
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE is not a mess right now infact its better then other soaps at the moment
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    If there was no love and warmth whatsoever how would we care about the characters? And the Carters run the Vic, the heart of the show, so of course they're going to establish relationships within the Square. I really don't understand your points.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick was so scared of water because when he was a year old Shirley tried to drown him and he has just learned how to swim so that's why all the big fuss was made over him swimming one length.

I don't know what the OP is watching but I am watching some good quality writing and acting at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant be that good when ratings are so bad at the moment. I mean Corrie still number 1 soap emmerdale 2nd a lot of times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamlee19 wrote: »
    Cant be that good when ratings are so bad at the moment. I mean Corrie still number 1 soap emmerdale 2nd a lot of times.

Corrie is only number one because of the loyal viewers and to be honest there ratings aren't great either. The quality of Corrie is gone out the window.l Emmerdale is only 2nd better when its an hour long which clashes with EE and when EE times are disrupted when there is sports on. Have you not seen the rating for the last 6 Months when EE was beating the hell out of Emmer dale
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member

Compared to Corrie and HO its on top form.
    1 of them is when the new producer took over he said there would be none of this hugging holding hands etc.

When was that ever said?
    Someone actually made a good point Shirley has been in Eastenders for a whyle now. Never has she mentioned any of her family apart from the ones we all allready new about then all of a sudden everyone comes out of the blue.

Retcons are kinda common, admittantly they shouldve been cousins.
    Another issue as i said there now getting involved with other peoples stories. Linda involved with Sharon Mick involved with Ian Shirley again for the 5th hundred time involved with Phil Stan involved with whatever Cora actually does.

So? If they just stick being around the other carters they will be boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on when the Brannings were getting involved with everyones stories everyone was moaning. Whats the difference.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Hang on when the Brannings were getting involved with everyones stories everyone was moaning. Whats the difference.

The difference is that the Brannings were a dysfunctional family full of unlikable characters that ended up dominating every s/l.
    The Carters are likeable and are only ever on the fringes of other s/ls, and not every single one.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're doing the same with the carters as they did with the Brannings...relatives popping up everywhere. Overkill is already turning a lot of folks off the Carters..personally I don't mind most of them so far, but cannot stand Linda. She can't act, doesn't fit in with the rest of the family, and is never ever happy.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it seems like the Carter's are everywhere but I don't mind when its Mick, Linda, Johnny, Nancy and Stan because they are the best of the bunch. That's why I liked their scenes last night. Sure it was cheesy and the music totally naff but it was nice seeing how happy they were Mick overcome his fears.

Love and warmth is needed. Its always been there but at the same time so has the darkness. At times EE is at risk of losing its kitchen sink edge. If it hasn't already lost it. I think we need to accept the old EE is probably gone forever. Its a different show now so just enjoy it for what it is.

However everyone saying the Branning's are unlikeable and the Carter's likeable. Lets see if you still think the Carter's are likeable after another year of being used in every episode! ;) lol The Branning's were super popular on here at one point. I've been here long enough to remember it. Some even cited Max and Tanya as the new Den and Angie that's how popular they were. So don't imply the Branning's were always unliked as they weren't. 15 million viewers chose to spend Christmas 2007 with them.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like love and warmth, but not bordering on cheesy
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was campy , no we're near as bad at last, year, I don't to have one happy episodes here and there.

I was not fan of the Linda birthday week, far to happy episode that week.

We'll it back to drama tomorrow hour, :)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,316
    Forum Member
    1 of them is when the new producer took over he said there would be none of this hugging holding hands etc. Sorry i must have been missing something cause what the hell was that all about last night the whole swimming thing and everyone jumping in the water cause Mick did 1 length. Of course the music aswel. Sorry but apart from 1or 2 things nothings really improved everyone that comes on here knows i think therers to many Carters the fact another one is on the way is a bit of a joke.
    Im sorry this is a rant another 1 of the problems repeated storylines once again Bianca in debt well not anymore but weve seen it before. The only thing im looking forward to at the moment is Nicks return simpley cause i love it when he calls Dot ma. The rest cant even be bottherd am i supose to take Shirley been Micks mums seriously give me a break.

Can you please show me where DTc said there would be no hugging.

The scene where they jumped into the pool was cheesy and too over the top for EE however this was a one off moment. Ronnie went from tragic event to tragic event to tragic event and the end result was the viewers could no longer give a shit. These lighter moments are needed, having Mick face his demons is filler but it's filler that has developed his character so that is a big plus in my view.

When I meet someone new I don't immediately let them know about every single member if my family. We cannot expect every new character to do this. "Hello my name is Beryl. My mother is called Petula and she has three brothers, Elliott! Boris and Gandalf. Gandalf is married to Cedric and they have two twin boys. Boris is in a mental institute and Elliot used to be called Esmerelda etc etc" it would limit the characters to start off with and can cause continuity problems down the line. Sure it's unrealistic that a whole clan would move to Salford so quickly however at the end of the day, Eastenders is actually a piece of fiction.

As for them getting involved in other peoples stories it's important that they gorge relationships. So many characters have hovered in the background and then been axed over the last few years which is a joke. As Tracey Turnblad would agree, integration is key.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying most of the above for a while but have been told off saying eastenders is doing really well when it isnt
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB it's called friendship
    Linda and Sharon are friends
    Mick and Ian are friends
    Stan and Cora are friends

Of course friends are going to be involved in each other's lives, that's what friendship is :confused:
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    They're doing the same with the carters as they did with the Brannings...relatives popping up everywhere. Overkill is already turning a lot of folks off the Carters..personally I don't mind most of them so far, but cannot stand Linda. She can't act, doesn't fit in with the rest of the family, and is never ever happy.

I totally agree about the Carter overkill and the hideous Linda.

If that cringeworthy episode had been shown this time last year, people would have been calling it rotten. I can't see the massive improvement on last year at all, there is one massive family dominating the show, there's the stupidly contrived way that Stacey is being brought back, the same characters with the same storylines eg Bianca has no money, Alfie and his stupidity, Dot being fed a pack of lies, Ian and prostitutes.
    People are thrilled that older characters are being brought back for a few episodes to give the show a bit of reality, but has Ricky been informed of Carols illness and Biancas predicament? Surely he would visit if only for Liams sake. Why hasn't Martin shown his face? Bianca knows her dad has money, why doesn't she ask him for help? Does Stephen know that his half sister is dead?
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of Tosh OP!

I'm liking DTC's version of love and warmth, you cannot rule that out completely! When did he say he would remove that completely?

I liked last nights happy scene, I was rooting for Mick as well, it was a nice touch,

What show have you been watching?
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop reading when he said "EE was a mess"
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    What a load of Tosh OP!

I'm liking DTC's version of love and warmth, you cannot rule that out completely! When did he say he would remove that completely?

I liked last nights happy scene, I was rooting for Mick as well, it was a nice touch,

What show have you been watching?

Hear hear!

Last night's swimming pool scenes were nothing short of brilliant imo, I love the Carters and their warm and fuzzy family closeness, I was cheering like a madwoman when Mick swam that length, it might only be a length but to him it was like a mile so very well done to him!

We need this warm fuzziness every now and then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is an article about eastenders and it was wrote by The Mirror(the paper that always says its rubbish) and he talk about how good its been lately this was made on June 30th. I know its a while back EE must be better condition when The Mirror reports this. good luck Reading EE haters your going to need it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-been-quite-good-many-3790003#.U7HA3n5QYAs.twitter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    Here is an article about eastenders and it was wrote by The Mirror(the paper that always says its rubbish) and he talk about how good its been lately this was made on June 30th. I know its a while back EE must be better condition when The Mirror reports this. good luck Reading EE haters your going to need it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-been-quite-good-many-3790003#.U7HA3n5QYAs.twitter

I'm far from an EE 'hater' but I absolutely despised last night's episode. I totally get that the producers are trying to convey the message that the Carters are completely different than the Watts and Mitchells, but I found those scenes were Linda, Nancy and Johnny jumped in the pool and starting hugging Mick an absolutely cringe-fest. I completely draw the line under sickly sweet scenes.

I also don't think it is really fair to label someone a hater just because they are adding constructive criticism about their stance on the current state of EastEnders.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was really cringey and poorly written. Fear is a destructive nasty emotion and they could have reflected that in this story but they made it into a campy kiddie cheese fest by adding Roar to it and having Mick forgive Shirl straight away when he was previously giving poor old Stan a cold shower when he thought he was the perp!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    EEforest wrote: »
    Why would you want the show with no love and warmth? The problem with Newman is that there was too much! DTC has a good balance.

Regarding your second point, what's wrong with characters getting involved in other characters storylines? That's been the same since the soap started.

Thank you for people like you :cool:

I agree with this post.