Linzi was deluded.

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Why can't she just move on? Girl Thing didn't happen, you must know you don't have a great voice and you had a chance all those years ago, it didn't work out. Move on.

That was just desperate tonight.

Comments

• emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    It was so depressing to watch.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    It was so depressing to watch.

It really is. She is so obssessed with fame that she will make herself miserable instead of being happy in the life she has. She doesn't look that hard done to.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And on top of all that it was the worst last on audition in history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she was crap..and why do they use council houses and cant afford stuff and struggling on buying food..like milk and bread..This isn't the dark ages its 2014..plus get a job :o
  • Polly11Polly11 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    It was awful. Just glad they didn't put her through.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    she was crap..and why do they use council houses and cant afford stuff and struggling on buying food..like milk and bread..This isn't the dark ages its 2014..plus get a job :o

I was thinking that... Didn't she get any money from The Big Reuinion?? It was only a few months ago!
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They actually left the worst act until last this evening. It is normally the best act, or the one that they want to get through.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

She can clearly afford to get her hair done. What a load of shite.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    They actually left the worst act until last this evening. It is normally the best act, or the one that they want to get through.

just shows they are more interested in drama now , she had the connection to cowell so her getting rejected created drama for them
  • WayfarersWayfarers Posts: 497
    Forum Member

She's unemployable tbh. She had a few months of fame and celebrity life in her younger days and she's hooked on that. Can't imagine her having the attention span or commitment to sit behind a cash register in a supermarket or pulling pints in a pub.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayfarers wrote: »
    She's unemployable tbh. She had a few months of fame and celebrity life in her younger days and she's hooked on that. Can't imagine her having the attention span or commitment to sit behind a cash register in a supermarket or pulling pints in a pub.

How do you know she's unemployable? Do you know what she's doing to survive?
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was 14 years ago, move on and stop trying to make it. It's not happening.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her shoes alone looked like they cost more than some folk earn in a week. Move on, doll, and dry yer eyes.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly poor Linzi just doesn't have the voice nor the charisma to make it as a pop star, I don't think. Although why oh why she chose I'll Be There to perform I've no idea! Did she really think she could sing it as well as Michael Jackson or Mariah Carey, who both belted the hell out of the song with power and passion and amazing vocal range?! You have to be a really great singer to do that song justice and sadly, poor Linzi is not that.

I do feel sorry for her though, wanting something that desperately but it just doesn't happen, no matter how hard she tries, because as they say, 'when you give up your dreams you give up hope'. She probably had some people giving her bad advice. You know, those who think they're giving people hope and encouragement but they're just giving you false hopes and making you delusional, coming out with stuff like "Oh, if you want something hard enough it'll happen, you just have to keep at it" and "You can achieve anything you want in life if you want it/try hard enough", blah blah. Sadly that's only the case for a tiny lucky few. Really, for so many people, no matter how desperate they may be for something, sometimes it just isn't ever going to happen! Like I always wanted to be a dancer but a heart condition put paid to that dream. It's just one of those things, can't be helped. That's life. l Just like a blind person is unlikely to ever become a premiere league footballer, no matter how much they may wish to be, you sometimes just have to accept that it's not going to happen and move on. I hope Linzi can do so.

I wonder what happened with Girl Thing after The Big Reunion? I don't understand why they only did a tour with the boy bands and didn't include the girls too, that didn't seem right. They should have all been involved.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing her and Mel reminds us of how Simon blew it in the 90s :D
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree she wasn't very good. But what worries me is that the producers have put her through the first 2/3 auditions and maybe even contacted her directly to appear on the show. Either way it's exploitation. And I don't believe Mr Cowell wasn't privy to it. I think it's shameful.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just TV , she was used for a dramatic end for the first week and she got TV time out of it and no doubt her expenses covered
  • Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    She was awful sounded like she was ill
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I imagine she probably can sing quite well but her sheer desperation affected her voice terribly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was a car crash. terrible song choice, no backing music and hopelessly out of tune. in fairness, cowell did the right thing, although it was clear that the whole thing was staged for max effect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm glad she wasn't put through as she would've been a trainwreck in front of the arena audience & on the live shows. She was terrible & probably would've acted even more desperately. Also she was on The Big Reunion- surely she must have got some dosh from that??
  • v0idv0id Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she a part of Girl Thing during the Big Reunion 2014 tour anyway?

Seems a bit cheeky to try for the Xfactor after such a recent gig
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hard to pity her after watching her in this years Big Reunion where she came across as a violent chav.
  • ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    It was sad to watch but they were right not to put her through that experience again - it would only have caused more pain further down the line and if you're that nervous in front of four people after having the experience of being in a group and performing to large audiences then the decision was the right one to make.

It's right to show that not everyone succeeds and the down side of fame.

I remember Girl Thing, I remember them being touted as the next Spice Girls etc. Last one standing is still on my ipod somewhere!

They were all over the satellite music channels but never got the national radio exposure they needed, the follow-up single although catchy, sank without trace.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Lets be fair she would have been told bt producers she had a real shot and I say she would have been contacted to appear in the 1st place

its all contrived