Well Done Conservatives

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Why? Because the Tories still need a dumping ground to shit on away from the southern sea of blue? Scotland has spoken. I say it's time to set them free from Westminster.
    No. Scotland doesn't want to leave.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    No. Scotland doesn't want to leave.

But Scotland doesn't want the Conservatives and now Labour either. Time to make up their minds.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    All labour supporters should think about how their party tried to gain a majority like the conservatives have with the first past the post system.its unfair and undemocratic denying representation to millions of people in the UK. maybe this result especially in Scotland will at last force labour to campaign for electoral reform. I support UKIP and am not happy that a party gaining 37 % of the vote gets nearly 51 % of the seats
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    But Scotland doesn't want the Conservatives and now Labour either. Time to make up their minds.

Most of the UK doesn't want Labour or the Tories they only vote for them because FPTP pushes them to vote for whoever the fear slightly less, Scots are just lucky enough to have a viable 3rd option to vote for.

The gruesome twosome are NOT the UK.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes well done Conservatives and good luck to all the unemployed, disabled and sick, and low paid working benefit claimants, and don't forget the young people because they'll need all the luck they can get now that Tories have free reign.

Mind you it could depend on whether Cameron has IDS on his front bench or not.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, Strange as I thought mass unemployment and benefit claiming started back in the 80s under the Tories. They even give the nod to transfer thousands over to disability benefits to massage the unemployment figures.

How soon they forget.