The Great Chelsea Garden Challenge - BBC2 Starting Monday 8pm

2»

Comments

• mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gosh - I hope Sean doesn't blow it by adding too much stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What in the world is Sean doing?

Too many fiddly bits.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well didn't see that coming, really though Paul was slightly better all week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well didn't see that coming, really though Paul was slightly better all week!

Sean was my favourite but I agree - I thought after the last two challenges that Paul would win.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sean had spoilt it by adding too many fiddly bits, and that Rob might have sneaked in there. Any one of them would have been a worthy winner, but Sean was my favourite. Wonder if his Chelsea garden will be more restrained?? :)
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,736
    Forum Member
    I thought this was a nice series - might have been better if they'd done it weekly rather than cramming it in over the week - especially with Chelsea just round the corner.

I hoped Sean would win but thought Paul would after the last couple of nights - so good result for me.
  • justannejustanne Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I'd love to go to Chelsea but unfortunately the crowds would terrify me. We are very lucky though as our County Garden Show during the late Bank Holiday has the showers and sellers from Chelsea which is always nice to see. And I always come home with about £50 worth of plants...lol

I went once, several years ago. And yes, the crowds are enormous, that's just on the trains, the special buses to get there from the station, queuing to get in, and then inside. It's like the whole world is there. It was a boiling hot day, far too hot to be inside the main marquee, the temperature was off the scale. I know a sunny day is perfect for Chelsea, but I personally could have done with a few less degrees. By the time I got home I was exhausted, and I don't think I even saw half of the whole exhibition.

That said, if you're a garden nut, then any chance you have to go, TAKE IT.
  • justannejustanne Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the first two, so have just watched the first two on iplayer, and the semi and final on recorded TV.

I was with the judging up until the semi final. I really thought that Rob had totally failed the brief and should have gone. Gillian's desert garden was a much more finished garden. After the judge's comments on Rob's trapeze fiasco, I was certain he was going home. I'm not sure how they came to their decision, but feel he should not have been in the final. Sean and Paul, most definitely, but watching the final was a slight disappointment for me, because of my sense of a mis-judgement in the semi.

As for the final.....wrong decision. It should have been Paul. Sean was good, but he made planting mistakes, and just wouldn't leave things alone. It was a delightful garden, but in the long run, I think Paul is the one who will have a career in this field.

It will be interesting now to see what he comes up with for Chelsea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just caught the end of an interview with Sean at Chelsea. What I saw of his garden looked good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I saw a clip earlier in the week and have just watched the final. Was Paul the one who wanted to stand concrete pillars upright with no support. He could have killed a small child! I don't know what he did earlier but I would have sent him home for health and safety reasons. I don't do engineering I'm a designer. What a wa¥#€r. That won't have done his career much good.

I liked the botanist but the Northumbrian one was a worthy winner, I think.