Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Ok ive never met anyone that famous but have met...

Pete Bennett winner of BB7 was a total sweet heart, truly lovely guy.

Shirley Henderson - she's a scottish actress been in Doctor Who and the Harry Potter films. She was nice, very polite but only met her breifly cause she came into my work.

My sister has met alot of people, David Beckham (This was about 10 years ago) she said he was nice enough. Pete Docherty - nice but troubled. Sharleen Spiterri (sp? Lead singer of Texas) she was lovely by al accounts. And Jimmy Carr just like he is on tv.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Though I'd share this. My brother was standing at King's Cross station about twelve years ago and saw this pious guy lecturing a beggar about getting a job. Joss Ackland wandered out of nowhere, shouted at the pious guy to "Vuck off out of his face!" which the lecturing guy did. Joss then thrust a wad of cash into the homeless guy's hand and walked off. A nice, classy bit from Mr. Ackland I thought.
  • MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    That's such a lovely thing to hear. Also I'm so glad to hear that Jerry Sadowitz is a decent sort.

Never had a celeb encounter but I know a friend of Russell Brands family and by all accounts he's a really nice man.
  • cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another who's had a not so nice encounter with Anthony Cotton, it was when he'd first joined Corrie and we were both in a gay nightclub in Manchester. Because I decided not to recognise him or give him my place in the queue at the bar he kept giving me quite obvious evil looks, very exaggerated like his acting.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard a lot of negative comments about Amanda Burton. Anyone care to elaborate? I used to really like her 'til I realised she always seems to play the same kind of role with the same kind of persona. In fact, whenever I've seen her do something 'out of type', she doesn't seem to pull it off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Gareth's band supported James Marsters, when he played a gig in Cardiff - so they definitely are mates!

Talking of James, did anyone else here ever see Ghosts of the Robot?

I have at the Islington Acdamey (sp?) a few years ago I went with a friend and her daughter both of whom are huge James fans ,GOTR had recently replaced their drummer with a new guy who was v.good looking btw and us three were right at the front he asked us our names and where we were from and kept winking at us from time to time during the gig he was soooooooo lovely .

As a side note the same friend and her daughter went to a GOTR convention on the following Saturday and Charlie the guitar playing in the band kept eyeing up her daughter :eek::D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    James and Ola Jordan (SCD pro's) - Parents sometimes play golf with them. Both lovely, down to earth people. :)

Glad to hear this. :) Met Ola the other day and she was very sweet, even if it was quick.

x x x x x
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shirley Henderson - she's a scottish actress been in Doctor Who and the Harry Potter films. She was nice, very polite but only met her breifly cause she came into my work.

My sister has met alot of people, David Beckham (This was about 10 years ago) she said he was nice enough. Pete Docherty - nice but troubled. Sharleen Spiterri (sp? Lead singer of Texas) she was lovely by al accounts. And Jimmy Carr just like he is on tv.

Shirley Henderson is one of my favourite actresses and I'm so glad to know that she was nice. Topsy Turvy is one of my favourite films and she is fabulous in it

(for people that can't place her she is also Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter)
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of negative comments about Amanda Burton. Anyone care to elaborate? I used to really like her 'til I realised she always seems to play the same kind of role with the same kind of persona. In fact, whenever I've seen her do something 'out of type', she doesn't seem to pull it off.

She's one tough cookie! Went to a dinner party with her. She cannot bear anyone to mention Silent Witness, or any of her work!
    To be fair, her husband had just left her so she may not have been at her best but no, I didn't take to her at all.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    She's one tough cookie! Went to a dinner party with her. She cannot bear anyone to mention Silent Witness, or any of her work!
    To be fair, her husband had just left her so she may not have been at her best but no, I didn't take to her at all.

Thanks!
    How strange. Mind you, she wasn't averse to playing away with Kevin Whately during the Peak Practice years, so I wasn't too surprised when Sven left her.

She seems awfully aloof and cool...like when I've seen her in interviews. That might just be her style, so I wouldn't judge her on that, but I keep seeing random bits on DS from FMs she has peed off- mainly being quite cold and sarcastic when they've bumped into her (not literally!). Basically, a bit of a diva. However, though, I was wondering if it was a cover for shyness/awkwardness.
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member
    I met Timmy Mallett ages ago - he was exactly like you saw him his Wackaday days - a happy soul he was
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:

Went on holiday to the US and Thora Hird was on the 14-day coach tour. She was a gem and mucked in with everyone else. She never played the star. Our plane back to the UK was delayed by bad weather and we were put on another after a long delay at the airport. The crew recognised Thora and offered her a seat in first class but she refused, saying she wanted to sit with "her friends''.

Alan Freeman. Wrote a fan letter to him many years ago but I never expected a reply. He did and he invited me to see him tape some of his Radio Luxembourg shows in London and also to sit in the Radio 1 studio when he presented Pick of the Pops in the 1960s. True gent.

Both of these are much missed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine works in the music business and apparently Amy Lee is known to be a bit of a bitch. Having said that a friend of mine met her at a meet and greet and said she was lovely

I've heard that too actually, i think that's got something to do with why so many of the band members have left.
    She wasn't impatient with us at all and stood talking to us all for about 5 - 10 minutes :D She saw me from the stage too and looked straight in to my camera, they're some of my favourite photos :D

I forgot to add Natalie Imbruglia to my list, i knew i was forgetting someone. I was about 6 years old at the time so i can't remember much about it, i think she'd just left Neighbours and she was doing pantomine in Canterbury and came out the back afterwards. My uncle fought his way through the crowd to get my programme signed :D
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello You - I agree with this. A really lovely bloke with some really lovely fans too. :D

Matt Di Angelo is lovely too as is Flavia Cacace (SCD Pro Dancer).

Jackie Chan was nice too but I was a bit in awe of him and didn't talk much. :o
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Hello You - I agree with this. A really lovely bloke with some really lovely fans too. :D

Matt Di Angelo is lovely too as is Flavia Cacace (SCD Pro Dancer).

Jackie Chan was nice too but I was a bit in awe of him and didn't talk much. :o

Yeah, I see Pete in Brighton every now and again...

saw him the other week and people were still getting into a tizz seeing him walking down the street and I was thinking "WTF?? He won YEARS ago!!":rolleyes:

Ive seen a few celebs in the street but i dont approach them... its a bit invasive IMO, esp when they arent working...
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »
    Nice:

Went on holiday to the US and Thora Hird was on the 14-day coach tour. She was a gem and mucked in with everyone else. She never played the star. Our plane back to the UK was delayed by bad weather and we were put on another after a long delay at the airport. The crew recognised Thora and offered her a seat in first class but she refused, saying she wanted to sit with "her friends''.

Alan Freeman. Wrote a fan letter to him many years ago but I never expected a reply. He did and he invited me to see him tape some of his Radio Luxembourg shows in London and also to sit in the Radio 1 studio when he presented Pick of the Pops in the 1960s. True gent.

Both of these are much missed.

What a lovely story about Thora Hird! She seemed like that type tbh... for a while she was a kinda non-royal Queen Mum!!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Thanks!
    How strange. Mind you, she wasn't averse to playing away with Kevin Whately during the Peak Practice years, so I wasn't too surprised when Sven left her.

She seems awfully aloof and cool...like when I've seen her in interviews. That might just be her style, so I wouldn't judge her on that, but I keep seeing random bits on DS from FMs she has peed off- mainly being quite cold and sarcastic when they've bumped into her (not literally!). Basically, a bit of a diva. However, though, I was wondering if it was a cover for shyness/awkwardness.

Don't know if I said this earlier, but I saw him years ago when Auf Wiedersein Pet was filiming in my village - he was a bit of a tit and didn't hang around to meet anyone (Timothy Spall, Jimmy Nail and Pat Roach all did and were all lovely. They played Barry, Oz and Bomber for those who remember).

As for Shirley Henderson she was also in Bridget Jones - she's a fine actress and its nice to know she's friendly.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I often see Limahl around town and he's lovely, smiley and friendly just as he appears on telly. He's twinkly and bouncy like a puppy, I love him! I once had a long chat with him and his lovely Mum, when we sat next to each other at a Soho cafe one night. I never mentioned about being a fan years ago or still being a fan, and I think he appreciated that and liked the fact that he knew I knew who he was, but that I still treated him normally, while other strangers were passing by and calling things out to him.

Every time I see him now we nod and smile, and it's lovely to know he remembered me. I'd love to chat to him again, but he's always with his bf or a group of friends and I'm not pushy. Maybe one day!
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    What a lovely story about Thora Hird! She seemed like that type tbh... for a while she was a kinda non-royal Queen Mum!!:D:D

I forgot to say in my orignal posting that Thora Hird had recently had a hip replacement op and she was on walking sticks. She and her husband were fellow paid-for passengers on the coach trip in 1981 and they were not on it for who she was. Totally adorable and not changed for the worse by fame and fortune.
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Well, that's surprised me. I would have thought that Jeremy Clarkson would have been an up himself arrogant prat. The way he writes his column, he seems that way. I also see that Anthony Cotton is being slagged off yet again. It seems like he really isn't well liked on this forum at all. He must be a complete idiot judging by the amount of negative comments there's been about him.

I have spoken to several different people who have come into contact with Antony Cotton and none have had a good word to say about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elisabeth Sladen- really lovely woman. Met her at quite a few Dr Who conventions in the 90s.

Sandi Toksvig- spotted her in Thailand last year on holiday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by browncoat
    I'm pretty sure Gareth's band supported James Marsters, when he played a gig in Cardiff - so they definitely are mates!

Talking of James, did anyone else here ever see Ghosts of the Robot?

I have at the Islington Acdamey (sp?) a few years ago I went with a friend and her daughter both of whom are huge James fans ,GOTR had recently replaced their drummer with a new guy who was v.good looking btw and us three were right at the front he asked us our names and where we were from and kept winking at us from time to time during the gig he was soooooooo lovely .

As a side note the same friend and her daughter went to a GOTR convention on the following Saturday and Charlie the guitar playing in the band kept eyeing up her daughter

Didn't one of the GOTR members die recently? I went to the convention you mentioned (then went to meet Alyson Hannigan, after she appeared in When Harry Met Sally).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Steve Sellars died a few months ago. Very sad.

I did see GOTR quite a few times. It was good seeing James, but the sure didn't write those songs in his key. And they lost brownie points for being brats after the band split up.

James had to pull out of Hub 3 this weekend as he'd had a spill on the set of Caprica and bumped his noggin, and the doctors told him he couldn't fly. Bless him, it's a big noggin to bump. At least his hair might have cushioned the blow.

They reckon he'll be okay for this weekend in London though.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Tim Healey and Andy Cole (in Julies in the Quayside for any fellow Geordies). Tim Healey came over because he knew my friend and called me pet. He chatted away and it wasn't until later that I realised that the bloke I'd been chatting to was Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen. Andy Cole danced with me and my friend and was a quiet guy but did an autograph for my little cousin - shame it was on the back of an advert for a topless night :eek:. That was years ago now.

David Baddiel and Philip Schofield were a bit miserable.

Brian Molko is a teeny tiny angel of goodness. The rest of Placebo are lovely as well. It's always a huge pleasure to spend time with them.

Bloc Party are fantastic people. They are quiet guys and just not arrogant at all. Matt is so good looking in real life as well. I was so impressed with how nice they all were - just ordinary, kind people.

I'm jealous of anyone who's met Gok Wan. I love that man. I doubt he'd ever make me happy about my vile nakedness but I could let him try while hoisting up my bangers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Johnny Marr from the Smiths (and Cribs) last week, and he was really lovely :D:D:D

Previously met Jimmy Carr, Mick Jones from the Clash, Gem from Oasis, errrr and etc. They were all very nice :D