Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoelMG wrote: »
    I absolutely hate that bloody advert for the Kindle that's on every farts end at the moment. It's one of the most uncreative adverts ever made.

A load of men in suits were obviously sat there around a table going "How can we show people this is small and robust?". Cue a load of cheesy clips showing a dog licking it, a woman getting it out of her knicker drawer, etc.

It's like something they would make on The Apprentice when they get 2 days to come up with an advert!
    and it's so much better than a BOOK, which is cheaper and not subject do going toes up, is less attractive to a thief and if lost or stolen can probably be replaced for less than a tenth of the cost of kindle
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I normally like him, but when Gethin bloody Jones keeps popping up and scaring people from behind shelves in the Holland and Barratt adverts I just want them to tell him to piss off and leave them alone.

I see he's escaped and doing the same in gyms now too.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJXX wrote: »
    I've posted about this advert 3 or 4 times before, but every single time I see it I really want to murder that stupid woman! I am of course talking about the fking Activia adverts I'm so fking sick of seeing her smiling and banging on about 'TfkingLC' and being happy and cutesy ARGHHH makes me want to fking vomit - ITS JUST A FKING YOGURT :mad::mad::mad:

Talk about pretentious :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree. And my son tells me that that biffidus thingy whatsit is just a made up named they have" patented". Is that right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. And my son tells me that that biffidus thingy whatsit is just a made up named they have" patented". Is that right?
    no it's part of a Hogswart spell
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pets at Home does my head in. They advertise it with loads of people happily taking their pets around the store whilst shopping, when in reality when you try to walk in with your Sister's dog they turn you away because, and I quote, "Sorry, but we don't allow animals into the store"!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizza wrote: »
    The new Go Compare ad, he's f**king singing again :(

And it isd even worse than before:eek:
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    no it's part of a Hogswart spell

ooooo random!
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bizza wrote: »
    The new Go Compare ad, he's f**king singing again :(

Agreed :mad::(
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Honda adverts; especially the ones running on commerical radio right now.

That dreary bloke with the patronising trans-atlantic drawl drives me to distraction, enough to make sure I'd never buy a Honda, that's for sure!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Not an advert as such but I find those Phones 4 U sponsors on Harry Hill's TV Burp very annoying and creepy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an advert as such but I find those Phones 4 U sponsors on Harry Hill's TV Burp very annoying and creepy.
    nothing could be more annoying than harry hill
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    and Fry and Laurie were taking the p years before
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TioGP9mWahA
    jayceegee wrote: »
    Have you seen the Lee Mack clip? Here's LM having a go at the French advert you mention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Nj1UqdZTA&NR=1

and here's his words to the Dior advert itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ToDb6tLUkM&NR=1
    The new paddy power ad seems to have inspriation from these
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like him, but when Gethin bloody Jones keeps popping up and scaring people from behind shelves in the Holland and Barratt adverts I just want them to tell him to piss off and leave them alone.

I see he's escaped and doing the same in gyms now too.

Oh yes saw one of those. Jumping up and down and saying EVERYTHIIIIIING like some demented children's entertainer. Lovely! NOT! He roped in Kenny Logan to do one but mercifully that's not on any more
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »

The L.Casei bacteria are real enough, the trendy names are patented by the companies; like Defensis, Immunitas, Digestivum and most recently L.Casei Danone.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • didiedidie Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    The Tesco adverts with the irritatingly chirpy 'every little helps'. It makes me want to scream and never go in a Tesco store again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member

I don't even understand them. What are they meant to be?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    pigginmen wrote: »
    The one where the parents are surprising their kids with trips to disneyland / disneyworld.. Not because it's a rubbish advert, but everytime it's on i get really jealous that their off to the best place in the world and i'm not..

Even though i am 28, I would love to go to disneyworld. I'm a big kid at heart :D

When I went to Florida I didnt go to Disneyworld :(
    Universal Studios was cool though :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Day V Lately ad sucks - not as charming as JR Hartley and won't be as popular.
    90's techno on Vinyl? Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    The L.Casei bacteria are real enough, the trendy names are patented by the companies; like Defensis, Immunitas, Digestivum and most recently L.Casei Danone.
    Danone danone, danone da danananoe , the new Pink Panther theme :D

Sorry I couldn't resist, thinks I must get out more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    Top of my list is the mini Magnum when that bird crunches the chocolate, whats it made of & has she still got her teeth:eek:
    And that Heinz tomato soup one with all that hideous slurping

Yes & I agree with your mum that Aldi advert is cute
    And one of my favourites is Mary the cow in the Muller ads:p

I hate that sound too - I bet that's the sound of her teeth breaking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    That bloody we buy any car ads because they are so irritating.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All year for me the worst advert on TV has been the Confused.com adverts.

Murdering old songs that didn't need murdering and annoying dancing are my two chief complaints.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdamDowds wrote: »
    All year for me the worst advert on TV has been the Confused.com adverts.

Murdering old songs that didn't need murdering and annoying dancing are my two chief complaints.
    I certainly agree about the latter, especially that waste of space "Strictly come
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think they make them annoying so you do remember them!
This discussion has been closed.