Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Roomate-Just lol!!! 5/10..mainly for the laughs.The random starring scenes that no way can anyone take them seriously
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrek Forever After 7/10

certainly an improvement on the Third but definitely time to stop now, we've wrung this dry now.

PS would have been 6 but it got an extra point cos i was strangely turned on by the pumped up Princess Fiona:o:confused:

off for therapy in the morning
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four Lions, Such a great film.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Invaders From Mars' 1953, great film :)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chicken Little [2005]. Director: Mark Dindal

6/10

Computer animation from Disney (not Pixar).
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitter End Of A Sweet Night (Amai yoru no hate) (1961) 7.5/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Deathly Hallows pt 1. 8/10. I can't believe it, but this is the first Harry Potter film I have actually enjoyed. They did full justice to the book, and it was very dark and bleak, and moving in places. The earlier films have been a pile of carp compared to the books, but as they have split the final one in two, they have had the time to do it properly.

Chatroom. 0/10. Awful.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Skyline - biggest load of tripe since 2012.

1/10 (the 1 goes to the actually impressive SFX)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Deathly Hallows Part 1. 10/10

Amazing film. I never liked Harry Potter. But started enjoying it from Half Blood Prince. Deathly Hallows takes it to a whole new level.

Great Director too - almost Ridley Scott in style and production. Very Dark, Bleak.

Watch it at night with the lights out! Bluray!!!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've just started watching Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1
    :)
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    The Booth (2005) Japanese

8/10

Very creepy.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shin Suk-ki Blues

A bittersweet comedy from South Korea. It's about 2 guys who happen to have the same name, birthdate and occupation. They're both lawyers but one is good-looking, successful but uncaring. The other one is having a tough life, he's not very handsome but he's a genuinely good person.Through a tragic, violent fate, they both end up inhabiting one another's body. (like "Freaky Friday"). There are some funny moments and some bittersweet ones. The direction could have been tighter because there's a few unneccesary scenes that bogs the film down a bit. Bottomline is that it's not a bad film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 10/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 5/10

An overlong teaser for the hopefully much better Part 2, not a patch on Half Blood Prince. The bit in the woods bored me to tears, i get that they were trying to portray "hopelessness" with that section, but it was just slow, boring and pointless. If they'd edited that section down it might have been more like a 7/10, but then this film should never have been split in the first place (imo).

Sorry to go against the high ratings so far in this thread:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ox (Oxen) (1991) 8/10
    Embargo (2010) 5/10
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm watching "Walk The Line" at the moment. I haven't seen it for ages
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Source Code: 8/10

Very good film with a great premisethat makes you think of deeper ideas, that perhaps could have been a bit longer (imo) but in a way thats not a bad thing, the film didnt drag at all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    Halloween 2....utter fookin tosh with gratuitous violence
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Limitless.

It was a great film, I loved it 9/10

It was the first film in about 2 years that I watched with my brother. I normally hate him lol:p
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    The Painted Veil (2006)

Or maybe it should be called: Married with Cholera. ;) Film starring Naomi Watts and Edward Norton, about a society girl who marries a bacteriologist and heads off to China with him to escape her life with her parents and their expectations. While in China, she has an affair, is found out, and then dragged by her husband to an area in China where there's a cholera epidemic, where he's to help out the locals in combating the disease. Very good film and moving story, with some fine acting and cinematography. The soundtrack was also very good. I love Satie's piano work. :) Also a good example where a remake is better than the original film (although the Garbo film wasn't bad at all). It's a pity that this film didn't get more recognition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just finished hobo with a shotgun .... brilliant grindhouse style spatterfest starring the legendary rutger hauer
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part One

Latest of the Harry Potter series. Yes, I got the DVD today and decided to give it a whirl. Despite fantasy not being my genre of choice, I don't mind the Harry Potter series. I won't say it's great film making, but there are a couple of the films that I'd rate quite highly. This one was quite fine, although it's not one of my favourites (I preferred Half-Blood Prince and Azkaban), it was still a good watch. Sure, it did seem like a set-up for part two (as it naturally would be), but other than that, it played out well. Some people complain about the forest scene, but I actually quite liked it, feeling it added to the characters and mood. Then again, I'm not one who cares too much about action, so maybe it suited me more. So, quite a reasonable watch and I look forward to part two.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamara Drewe - relaxing fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Last film I watched was Pan's Labyrinth. I'd give it a 10/10 everytime, truly a masterpiece. I never get tired of it, and it never fails to make me cry at the end.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P1 before that, 9/10. This is the only film from the series that I love. It's my favourite book, and I was so happy that they've done it justice. I can't wait for P2.

The Orphanage before that, another 10/10. I love everything about it; the setting, the creepy ambiance, the storyline. Spanish cinema is my favourite kind, as I'm sure you can tell :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Son Of Babylon (2009) 8.5/10
This discussion has been closed.