Options

A good epilator?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
Forum Member
✭✭
I really want to give epilating a try. I've never owned one before so I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good one?

The most I'd be able to spend would be about £40-50, I wouldn't really be able to fork out anymore:o

Comments

• Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a Braun Silk epilator. I really love the fact that it takes ages for my underarm hair to grow back again. However, I do find that on my legs it never seems to be as smooth as shaving/waxing is. The only plus point is you only have to do it weekly at most.

Also, although it's excruciatingly painful the first couple of times it gets a LOT easier with every use!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    And I have Brown is not very expensive and I'm pleased. There prefix to decrease sensitivity. I think he and Phillips were as good go in the store may want to try a bit of hair on your hand and you will feel what is the most painless
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My advice is to shave or use a depilatory cream. I used an epilator for years on my legs and now they are covered in visible red blood cells which look horrible. I am no longer able to achieve an even tan on my legs and they only look slightly better after using a good fake tan; and even that doesn't cover them up entirely. My legs always used to look ok so I'm convinced it's caused by years of epilating. It would be interesting to know if this has happened to anyone else.

So it's entirely up to you of course, but you have been warned!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malspie wrote: »
    My advice is to shave or use a depilatory cream. I used an epilator for years on my legs and now they are covered in visible red blood cells which look horrible. I am no longer able to achieve an even tan on my legs and they only look slightly better after using a good fake tan; and even that doesn't cover them up entirely. My legs always used to look ok so I'm convinced it's caused by years of epilating. It would be interesting to know if this has happened to anyone else.

So it's entirely up to you of course, but you have been warned!!

Thanks for the warning, I'll definitely consider that! If I do get one I don't think I'd use it constantly, I'd probably just shave before wearing tights, trousers or whatever. And thanks to everyone else :) I'm looking at a Phillips one at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Buy Braun's epilator. Depending upon your budget you can buy one suited to your requirement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My epilator is one of the best things I've bought. I only use it on my underarms though as I found I was getting a lot of ingrown hairs which made my legs itchy. Underarms weren't too bad as I'd previously had been getting them waxed so was used to the pain but it's so much nicer to only have to use it every 2-3 weeks rather than shaving every other day. I have a Braun.