Options

DS guys: do you buy women's hygiene stuff if asked?

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondered as I'm sure some guys wouldn't be seen dead buying towels, tampons or panty liners.:confused: I'd to go to the local pharmacy this morning for some Always pads and Feminax for my 16 year-old daughter. Told her to go herself but she said "it's only a small pharmacy so I'd feel embarrased" WTF. What about me, a man? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,873
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm pretty sure the pharmacist didn't think they were for you.
  • Options
    The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have got some Lemsip for your hamster while you were there
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just be glad she has her period, that means she isn't up the duff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I take it in my stride and don't feel embarrassed at all but read a survey that said many men just wouldn't buy them. Full stop.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have got some Lemsip for your hamster while you were there

Should've got the hamster to go pick 'em up.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex-girlfriend lived above a newsagents. Because it was her 'local', and they saw her every day, she was too embarrassed to buy tampons there, so every time she ran out and we were at home, I'd have go and buy tampons. Stupid really as the newsagents knew who they were for, so didn't see why she couldn't get them herself :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get it. Buying tampons is no different to buying toilet paper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to get her to take 2 paracetamol instead as we've loads but she says they don't work so had to pay for Feminax. Over 3 bloody quid for 8 tablets!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never had any problems ie when OH is ill, busy, at work. It is just buying things after all. Have found some young shop girls get embarrassed though but I just pay no attention and they soon get over it.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to get her to take paracetamol a we've loads but she say tey don't work so had to paay for Feminak. Over 3 bloody quid for 8 tablets!!!!

At least empathy's free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claratana wrote: »
    I don't get it. Buying tampons is no different to buying toilet paper.

That's what I think but apparently some guys have this hang-up about buying such things. The survey said they'd make a sick wife/partner/daughter get out of a sick bed to save their embarrassment. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy my ex wifes when she asked me to, and I have been purchasing them for my daughter for years now, its no big deal really.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm happy to buy my wife all the cleaning materials she needs for the kitchen,bathroom and her other household chores.
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    I sent my ex for some when we first got together. After much hooing and haaing about it he did finally go to the corner shop and get them. I told him he needed to get the turbo kingsize ones too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy my ex wifes when she asked me to, and I have been purchasing them for my daughter for years now, its no big deal really.

Top guy. Pity all blokes aren't like me and you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoy doing it.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldielox wrote: »
    I sent my ex for some when we first got together. After much hooing and haaing about it he did finally go to the corner shop and get them. I told him he needed to get the turbo kingsize ones too.

LOL :D

Should've told him to get you the extra long night time sanitary towels with wings while he was at it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I buy my own and my daughter's. My husband wouldn't be embarrassed but he can't by the right tin of beans when he's on his own so it's unlikely he'd buy the right tampons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wife once saw an offer for panty-liners, BOGOF, in Asda so sent me. Old Chris saunters in, could only find one pack so quietly asked an assistant if they had more in the back as I was told to buy 12 packs. Silly bitch held them up and yelled "do we have any more of these panty-liners for this gentleman as they're on offer?" WTF. Wanted the ground to swallow me up! :mad:

What made it worse was that an old man asked "What do they have on offer? I may want some?"
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband makes me laugh when I send him out for emergency tampons. First of all I get the rant about why do I run out, why do I never know my period is due even though I get one every month balh blah and then he relents and asks me "so which flavour do you want?".
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    LOL :D

Should've told him to get you the extra long night time sanitary towels with wings while he was at it

I got those for my mother once when I was a kid. Except they had loops on the end too. She said they were that huge she could have looped the loops round her ears and the gusset part would still have been flapping round her knees.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first husband refused to buy them for years, until I pointed out that nobody is ever going to think, "Oooh, I wonder why he's buying them, dirty bugger"

My current husband buys them without problems, he even notices when I'm short and tops up without my asking.

My daughter started her first period today, he was going to buy her some but she says she's OK. He's even been and bought her a big bar of chocolate to celebrate being able to eat chocolate with a viable excuse :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »

My daughter started her first period today, he was going to buy her some but she says she's OK. He's even been and bought her a big bar of chocolate to celebrate being able to eat chocolate with a viable excuse :D

Aww. Strangely my daughter always tells me when she's started or has pain and not usually her mum. :)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The husband buys mine not a problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember once buying some for the wife in Superdrug and the Saturday girl on the till was giggling. How mature of her! :rolleyes: