Comments

• LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm sorry :(
  • himerushimerus Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My test was in 1962. The examiner was very polite but very formal. At the end of the test he pointed out one minor error then thanked me for "a nice smooth ride" and passed me.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I passed on my 5th attempt, on my fourth test, the examiner was visibly flinching from the traffic cones the car was passing. I could see him out of the corner of my eye, it really put me off. God only knows why he did it, road position was not marked down as one of the failures on any tests i failed.

He failed me on my first test and my fourth, the first one id agree on but the fourth was made worse by his blooming flinching.
  • ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I had two, the first was a bit of a grump (although not outright rude) and the second was lovely.

I don't have any axe to grind with the examiner that failed me, he was spot on with all the minors and the one major he gave me. I guess it's stressful to sit in the car for 45 minutes being drien around by people not actually ready to be in charge of a car and different people handle that in different ways.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I had 3 examiners in 3 different towns. (My moving house was irrelevant to passing the driving test.) I have no particular recollection of them, other than a kind of impersonal courtesy. Wasn't expecting huge friendliness, so I wasn't disappointed. 31 years' driving and no points, so it was worth waiting for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    My examiner was so horrible she made me cry :o

She was asking me the questions they ask before you set off on your test and she said something along the lines of "Do not turn your engine on, but show me how you would turn the windscreen wipers on". So I pointed to the correct thing and said you push it once for light rain etc ect. She then shouted at me and said 'WELL TURN THE ENGINE ON AND SHOW ME THEN!!' :confused:

Also on the same test, a learner driver stopped dead in the middle of the road so obviously I slammed on the brakes. She shouted at me for doing an emergency stop without her telling me to! I asked her if she would have preferred me to run into the back of them and she shouted at me again for being rude! :confused:
    Horrible, horrible woman :(
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joe-media wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately I failed again.

I'm so disappointed. The horrible wasteful excuse for a human being was there again, and was even worse than the last time.

Don't they realise that it's attitudes like this that can reduce people to tears and put them off driving altogether?

Fetch me my shotgun.

Sorry to hear you failed again OP.

Is there any possibility of taking your test from a different test centre so that you avoid this particular examiner?
  • paulmellerspaulmellers Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My test was a nightmare at the start, caused by one of the other testees that was right in front of me. I was asked to pull over to the side of the road, then she slammed her brakes on and pulled right in in front of me. As if that wasn't bad enough, we waited a good two minutes for her to go and she didn't, my examiner asked me to drive on. I pulled out onto the otherside of the road to go round her, and when i got just past level with her, she started driving. My examiner just looked at the whole situation in disbelief. He asked me to get back behind her, and we had a junction to pull on to a dual carriageway ahead, so i told him I was pulling over to wait for her to complete her manoeuvre. Rather than use the slip road, she thought it better to give way:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tangmere&hl=en&ll=50.855032,-0.71637&spn=0.000334,0.001851&hnear=Tangmere,+West+Sussex,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=m&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=50.855033,-0.716371&panoid=1uDjOclBQYvVrSUCdzLOtA&cbp=12,248.23,,0,8.74

My examiner remained professional, even though we spent 30 mins stuck in traffic because some car decided to wrap itself around the front of a lorry 2 minutes after the above! At least we had a nice conversation.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My test was a nightmare at the start, caused by one of the other testees that was right in front of me. I was asked to pull over to the side of the road, then she slammed her brakes on and pulled right in in front of me. As if that wasn't bad enough, we waited a good two minutes for her to go and she didn't, my examiner asked me to drive on. I pulled out onto the otherside of the road to go round her, and when i got just past level with her, she started driving. My examiner just looked at the whole situation in disbelief. He asked me to get back behind her, and we had a junction to pull on to a dual carriageway ahead, so i told him I was pulling over to wait for her to complete her manoeuvre. Rather than use the slip road, she thought it better to give way:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tangmere&hl=en&ll=50.855032,-0.71637&spn=0.000334,0.001851&hnear=Tangmere,+West+Sussex,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=m&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=50.855033,-0.716371&panoid=1uDjOclBQYvVrSUCdzLOtA&cbp=12,248.23,,0,8.74

My examiner remained professional, even though we spent 30 mins stuck in traffic because some car decided to wrap itself around the front of a lorry 2 minutes after the above! At least we had a nice conversation.

Did you pass though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My man was notoriously mean. I was really annoyed when I realised I had him as my examiner.

He passed me (he had to) but he didn't do it nicely.

His words were something like 'well, you've passed, but for God's sake improve' which was nice!!
  • paulmellerspaulmellers Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you pass though?

Yeah - First time! I did have to resist the urge to get my phone out and take apicture of us, and upload it to facebook with the caption "probably failing my driving test!"