Options

The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually dont mind Paula (contrary to what some of the maniacal Saulas seem to think)- shes a sweet old bird but just made the panel too old and too Idol like. I actually thought she did really well with the groups BUT the problem with XF is it needed a young feel to fit with the kind of artists they wanted to pimp. And why I think wheeling out Mariah will be a HUGE mistake. They need someone under 30 - preferably under 25 to make the kids watch. No way they could get Bieber but surely there must be some feisty youngster that would be fun to watch.

After seeing how FUN the BGT is now, it really highlighted how staid and manufactured the XF panel was. Simon needs to find a "David Walliams" for XF - I dont mean a comedian as such, just someone who doesnt nessacarily need to be a big name but someone who will make Simon enjoy himself on the panel. XF really needs to lighten up and not take itself so seriously. Idol has a lighter feel this season already. Yeah JLo and Steven are still piling on the "Beautifuls" but Im enjoying watching it - they all look like they are having fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All logical changes. Nobody thought this was the perfect panel and everyone aside from the Saulas thought that Paula was a mistake.

I think Simon & Fox are testing the waters. If public opinion supports all 3 going, then Paula will be out, although it has also crossed my mind that it's just a PR stunt for Simon to 'save' Paula again.

The good news is that the Simon we love is still as competitive as ever. 12m is no disaster, but Simon obviously can't be bothered with this unless he gets much closer to the prized 20m - which even Idol are only just about hitting.

The endless replacement speculation is going to get on my nerves, so the end result better be good this time - Justin Timberlake in any capacity please!

Also, i hope format changes are being made. The long muted idea of judges having one act from each category is essential for America, i think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    In other news... (Cause Paula bores me more than Simon's "love life")...

Heat Magazine have done a list of the hottest 101 guys and guess where Simon is?

Nowhere!! :eek:

Well Maybe if Simon worse nicer clothes and was on out XF last year he might have featured.

Gary Barlow came in at 13. Seriously! Did Stevie Wonder decide this list?

Eeeeeeeeeeek!! He will be SUICIDAL!! Right Simon time to act - having your ratings go down the tubes is mildly annoying to be sure, but NOT TO FEATURE in Heats 101 Hottest Guys is CRITICAL news :D;) .

Time to hit Saville Row for some new togs, get yourself back on XF and into the top 10 of fitties again :D .
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    I actually dont mind Paula (contrary to what some of the maniacal Saulas seem to think)- shes a sweet old bird but just made the panel too old and too Idol like. I actually thought she did really well with the groups BUT the problem with XF is it needed a young feel to fit with the kind of artists they wanted to pimp. And why I think wheeling out Mariah will be a HUGE mistake. They need someone under 30 - preferably under 25 to make the kids watch. No way they could get Bieber but surely there must be some feisty youngster that would be fun to watch.

After seeing how FUN the BGT is now, it really highlighted how staid and manufactured the XF panel was. Simon needs to find a "David Walliams" for XF - I dont mean a comedian as such, just someone who doesnt nessacarily need to be a big name but someone who will make Simon enjoy himself on the panel. XF really needs to lighten up and not take itself so seriously. Idol has a lighter feel this season already. Yeah JLo and Steven are still piling on the "Beautifuls" but Im enjoying watching it - they all look like they are having fun.

Miley Cyrus would be fantastic for XFusa IMO. She's fun, young, feisty, knows what she is talking about, appeals to a wide variety of ages (I'm almost 29 and like her, so the Tweens upwards) and knows how the industry works so would have a lot to say. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    All logical changes. Nobody thought this was the perfect panel and everyone aside from the Saulas thought that Paula was a mistake.

I think Simon & Fox are testing the waters. If public opinion supports all 3 going, then Paula will be out, although it has also crossed my mind that it's just a PR stunt for Simon to 'save' Paula again.

The good news is that the Simon we love is still as competitive as ever. 12m is no disaster, but Simon obviously can't be bothered with this unless he gets much closer to the prized 20m - which even Idol are only just about hitting.

The endless replacement speculation is going to get on my nerves, so the end result better be good this time - Justin Timberlake in any capacity please!

Also, i hope format changes are being made. The long muted idea of judges having one act from each category is essential for America, i think.

Justin Timberlake is an excellent choice Mich, but I doubt simon would hire him, have you noticed Simon never sits on a panel with a bloke "fitter" or much younger than him? Simon is far too egotistical to hire 30 year old FIT Justin Timberlake.. He'd rather keep LA Reid (who is fab but not sexy) and hire two other women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeeeeeeeeeek!! He will be SUICIDAL!! Right Simon time to act - having your ratings go down the tubes is mildly annoying to be sure, but NOT TO FEATURE in Heats 101 Hottest Guys is CRITICAL news :D;) .

Time to hit Saville Row for some new togs, get yourself back on XF and into the top 10 of fitties again :D .

Saville row AND a decent hairdresser as well. Your hair, especially the "blending" on the sides offends me and anyone else with a hairdressing qualification. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of Miley. She would be a good fit ALTHOUGH I do hate her (speaking) voice - it grates on me considerably ;) .

JT would be ace but probably has better things to do. The intrinsic problem with XF is that it requires a big chunk of time and effort . Big name stars that are still active in the charts wouldnt be able to put in the commitment to the show very easily. It will need to be someone who wants the exposure - either to aid a flagging career or boost their profile. XF never broke into the realms of being particularly popular or credible so they will have even more trouble luring onboard a big name I think. Id be hard pressed to make a call about the replacements yet - will need to ponder :D

**I STILL like Simon's hair Jane so there :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Timberlake is an excellent choice Mich, but I doubt simon would hire him, have you noticed Simon never sits on a panel with a bloke "fitter" or much younger than him? Simon is far too egotistical to hire 30 year old FIT Justin Timberlake.. He'd rather keep LA Reid (who is fab but not sexy) and hire two other women.

Agree! He wouldn't have Justin for the panel, but i'm sure he could host as he has natural charisma on and off screen and Simon was happy to boast about Steve's hotness before!

My other choices for host would be Mario Lopez or NPH.

As for the judges, agree with Allie, it's so hard to find relevant stars who are available for most of the year. It's a tough choice from quite a limited pool of people, which is why it's going to be hard to ignore Mariah. Simon and LA have the contacts and the money, if anyone can hire the best, it should be them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree! He wouldn't have Justin for the panel, but i'm sure he could host as he has natural charisma on and off screen and Simon was happy to boast about Steve's hotness before!

My other choices for host would be Mario Lopez or NPH.

As for the judges, agree with Allie, it's so hard to find relevant stars who are available for most of the year. It's a tough choice from quite a limited pool of people, which is why it's going to be hard to ignore Mariah. Simon and LA have the contacts and the money, if anyone can hire the best, it should be them.

I don't see someone like JT being up for hosting, he has been making music since he was a teenager and has far too much experience to be hosting, he would be awesome on the panel, and doesn't appear to be doing a lot at the min (What's he been up to since "Friends With Benefits"?

Mario lopez is good choice for host.. My only fear here is that Cat Deeley will get it:eek: Or here's an idea ladies? How about Uncle T as the new host?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mariah has one of those slots in the bag. I dont see this achieves a lot - yes she is a big "name" but has she got the personality to match? I really dont know. Ive seen Ryan interview her on the Red Carpet a few times and she doesnt seem to have much in the way of sparkling wit and has a tendency to look at people as if they dont smell very good - maybe that will be amusing, who knows? ;)

None of today's current big name artists will have the time or inclination to want to sign up to a show thats so heavy on the hours. Much as I would ADORE Katy Perry on the panel, would she commit half a year to an (at present) mediocre TV show? It wouldnt make sense.

I love Mario Lopez, NPH would be a nice choice - but not sure how long his commitments are to How I Met Your Mother and if he could do it. Neil's other half David (something!) is a correspondent on E now and has a kind of vulnerable charm that I like. They need someone like that to connect with the contestants. David would be great paired with someone a bit more vivacious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see someone like JT being up for hosting, he has been making music since he was a teenager and has far too much experience to be hosting, he would be awesome on the panel, and doesn't appear to be doing a lot at the min (What's he been up to since "Friends With Benefits"?

Mario lopez is good choice for host.. My only fear here is that Cat Deeley will get it:eek: Or here's an idea ladies? How about Uncle T as the new host?

I feel like if the money was right, Justin might do a season as a judge - LA does lend a lot of credibility to the panel and in every interview i've seen with him, Justin has a great sense of humour & doesn't take himself too seriously. I think Simon would like him if his ego would allow him to get over the obvious blow it would take :) At the end of the day, money talks A LOT, even for the very rich and famous. Simon needs to splash the cash while he still can, season 3 is not guaranteed.

As for Lord Tone of Smarm, how would the world of showbiz correspondence cope with such a loss?! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mariah has one of those slots in the bag. I dont see this achieves a lot - yes she is a big "name" but has she got the personality to match? I really dont know. Ive seen Ryan interview her on the Red Carpet a few times and she doesnt seem to have much in the way of sparkling wit and has a tendency to look at people as if they dont smell very good - maybe that will be amusing, who knows? ;)

None of today's current big name artists will have the time or inclination to want to sign up to a show thats so heavy on the hours. Much as I would ADORE Katy Perry on the panel, would she commit half a year to an (at present) mediocre TV show? It wouldnt make sense.

I love Mario Lopez, NPH would be a nice choice - but not sure how long his commitments are to How I Met Your Mother and if he could do it. Neil's other half David (something!) is a correspondent on E now and has a kind of vulnerable charm that I like. They need someone like that to connect with the contestants. David would be great paired with someone a bit more vivacious.

For me, Mariah WAS a big name. they need a bigger name but like you said no one current and having hits in the charts will do it, they have no need to.
    I feel like if the money was right, Justin might do a season as a judge - LA does lend a lot of credibility to the panel and in every interview i've seen with him, Justin has a great sense of humour & doesn't take himself too seriously. I think Simon would like him if his ego would allow him to get over the obvious blow it would take :) At the end of the day, money talks A LOT, even for the very rich and famous. Simon needs to splash the cash while he still can, season 3 is not guaranteed.

As for Lord Tone of Smarm, how would the world of showbiz correspondence cope with such a loss?! :eek:

Well I know it would be a loss of epic proportions but look how much we'd gain by seeing Tone on our screens every week!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D It would indeed leave a devastating and gaping chasm in the entertainment canyon thats for sure. Still, I think the world needs to see a bit of Uncle T in action and surely his (half) brother can pull some strings...Im visualising something like this... "Welcome to erm, the erm, X erm Factor - Im your host Tony COWELL, yes, erm thats COWELL and Im erm miles more talented and worthy than erm, him"* Jabs finger crossly in Simon's direction...**Dermot are you quaking in your boots yet love? :D:D

OK so we have decided on JT as judge replacement #1. We arent fussed on Mariah, though so any other ideas? Wouldnt a semi stoned Whitters be utterly hilarious?? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D It would indeed leave a devastating and gaping chasm in the entertainment canyon thats for sure. Still, I think the world needs to see a bit of Uncle T in action and surely his (half) brother can pull some strings...Im visualising something like this... "Welcome to erm, the erm, X erm Factor - Im your host Tony COWELL, yes, erm thats COWELL and Im erm miles more talented and worthy than erm, him"* Jabs finger crossly in Simon's direction...**Dermot are you quaking in your boots yet love? :D:D

OK so we have decided on JT as judge replacement #1. We arent fussed on Mariah, though so any other ideas? Wouldnt a semi stoned Whitters be utterly hilarious?? :D

I want JT and Miley!! No stones has beens!!! *stamps foot*

I don't think Dermot should be getting his passport out for the gig,do we reckon he will get it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D We shouldn't joke about these things, remember Tone has been peddling all sorts of nonsense on his You Tube videos - maybe he's treating them as some sort of screen test for a future hosting role :eek:

Anyway, i think i'd rather take Whitney over Mariah, purely for the added loopy factor. Perhaps she could bring along her chaperone, Frank Butcher, remember when they was on our XF? Bloody brilliant :) This panel is starting to look like a Saga day trip, i give up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its looking more and more like its true...

http://www.tmz.com/

Oh dear, I can hear the sound of wrists slitting in Saulaville....big bad EVIL Simon didnt even call her himself....that boy needs smack on the botty. *Raises hand to volunteer....:)

Ah, all joking aside though, if it IS true, thats a little bit off - I did think they were at least friends. Cant have been nice for Paula to hear it via lawyers. Unless Simon had already warned her it was likely outcome and the legal eagles were just confirmation. I doubt we will ever know.

Oh well onwards and upwards - Im definitely up for a slightly barking Whitters with her Frank Butcher in tow :D Old people high on crystal meth would certainly inject some fun into X Factor ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its looking more and more like its true...

http://www.tmz.com/

Oh dear, I can hear the sound of wrists slitting in Saulaville....big bad EVIL Simon didnt even call her himself....that boy needs smack on the botty. *Raises hand to volunteer....:)

Ah, all joking aside though, if it IS true, thats a little bit off - I did think they were at least friends. Cant have been nice for Paula to hear it via lawyers. Unless Simon had already warned her it was likely outcome and the legal eagles were just confirmation. I doubt we will ever know.

Oh well onwards and upwards - Im definitely up for a slightly barking Whitters with her Frank Butcher in tow :D Old people high on crystal meth would certainly inject some fun into X Factor ;)

Oh dear, i have to say, this is one side of Simon that i really dislike. I know other people make decisions too, but Paula must have been entirely Simon's choice, so he should have had the decency to call her. I'm sure he will, but i hope he warned her of this beforehand. She did get her act together and do a reasonable job with her critiques, compared to her Idol performances, so she deserves more respect TBH. It's a no-brainer that changes needed to be made and friendship cannot get in the way when Simon and Fox are putting so much money into this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saula's are giving me more entertainment than an episode of EastEnders right now. Some haven't been able to sleep last night.. i mean seriously, get a grip, it's a TV show, and not real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saula's are giving me more entertainment than an episode of EastEnders right now. Some haven't been able to sleep last night.. i mean seriously, get a grip, it's a TV show, and not real life.

Simon's mass clear out is the only thing keeping me going on deadline day. Wish he would take charge of Arsenal for the day and get rid of all our old toot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, i have to say, this is one side of Simon that i really dislike. I know other people make decisions too, but Paula must have been entirely Simon's choice, so he should have had the decency to call her. I'm sure he will, but i hope he warned her of this beforehand. She did get her act together and do a reasonable job with her critiques, compared to her Idol performances, so she deserves more respect TBH. It's a no-brainer that changes needed to be made and friendship cannot get in the way when Simon and Fox are putting so much money into this show.

Well to be fair, we dont know if Simon has been in contact with her or not. Not that I dont think he is capable of passing the buck on firing somebody - we know he's done it before, but he did seem genuinely fond of Paula (forget any Saula type secret love affair nonsense, just as friends). I would have thought, as you say Mich, her performance on the show certainly wasnt BAD and didnt warrant her being blanked by Simon - and if the decision was ultimately not his alone (which it wouldnt be) I dont see why he wouldnt have been in touch with her.

It sounds like a bit of drama making to me. Paula isnt stupid, she knows how it works. Hopefully if this isnt a publicity stunt (still not convinced :D) then she can garner some public sympathy and get herself another gig off the back of it. She did a good job with the kids on XF.

Oooh Ive not dipped my toes in yet - is it good? ;) Might forfeit the soaps tonight and have a read instead. Poor things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon's mass clear out is the only thing keeping me going on deadline day. Wish he would take charge of Arsenal for the day and get rid of all our old toot :D

I feel your pain, united have SO many injuries and dead wood I'd love for a shake up there.. I mean Jonny Evans.. :eek:

Swap you Michael Owen for Van Persie?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair, we dont know if Simon has been in contact with her or not. Not that I dont think he is capable of passing the buck on firing somebody - we know he's done it before, but he did seem genuinely fond of Paula (forget any Saula type secret love affair nonsense, just as friends). I would have thought, as you say Mich, her performance on the show certainly wasnt BAD and didnt warrant her being blanked by Simon - and if the decision was ultimately not his alone (which it wouldnt be) I dont see why he wouldnt have been in touch with her.

It sounds like a bit of drama making to me. Paula isnt stupid, she knows how it works. Hopefully if this isnt a publicity stunt (still not convinced :D) then she can garner some public sympathy and get herself another gig off the back of it. She did a good job with the kids on XF.

Oooh Ive not dipped my toes in yet - is it good? ;) Might forfeit the soaps tonight and have a read instead. Poor things.

I hope so. I think there is a genuine friendship with Simon and she appeared to make a huge effort to get herself back on track for the show. This is no Kate Thornton moment - i'm not taking any pleasure in her possible firing :D I think Simon already let friendship cloud his judgement with hiring her in the first place, so i don't feel that he owes Paula anything - i just hope she was kept fully aware that her place was not certain next season.

i feel your pain, united have SO many injuries and dead wood I'd love for a shake up there.. I mean Jonny Evans.. :eek:

Swap you Michael Owen for Van Persie?:D

Splinter for Arshavin, otherwise NO DEAL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Splinter for Arshavin, otherwise NO DEAL!

Arshavin? Wooa Wooa, I think I'm more use than he is:D

Ok, Anderson for Wilshire?:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arshavin? Wooa Wooa, I think I'm more use than he is:D

Ok, Anderson for Wilshire?:p

Nope, he's only mildly better than Djemba-Djemba was :D Well, now you have named the only 2 Arsenal players worth having, i guess the deal is off!

Better get back to Simon talk, before we are booted out of this thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, he's only mildly better than Djemba-Djemba was :D Well, now you have named the only 2 Arsenal players worth having, i guess the deal is off!

Better get back to Simon talk, before we are booted out of this thread!

*chews chewing gum faster than Fergie when Liverpool scored with 2 mins to go*

Ha, I don't think football management is our forte is it lol!

Yes, back to Simon... Erm if we are guessing Mariah has one of the spare seats, do we think the other will be given to a skinny, dusky brunette for Simon to flirt with?;)