Options

The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SQ hopw your mum is ok now.

It is a nuch nicer day so far though the forecst for here is for showers and windy,

OH has gone to work so I have a chance to get on with the chores.

Need to do some dance practice as well today and tomorrow have grandson on Thursday so cant do any then and Friday is dance lesson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit mixed weather today. Been out for a walk with Flossy and grandson. Just started raining as we were getting home again.

This week seems to have gone by quickly with Monday being bank holiday. My favourite day of the week tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weather here in Llandudno has been sunny today but a bit cold as well.

EJ enjoy your dancing lesson with John tomorrow.

I am taking my car for its annual service tomorrow, another expense, all the joys of motoring as it were.

Speak tomorrow good night everybody.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had sun here today what a novelty, sun between the rain lol.

EJ hope you enjoy your lesson tomorrow.

SH hope it goes ok with your car. OH has had lots of trouble with his and he's very frustrated by it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant lesson. Had studio to ourselves everyone else was upstairs in the big studio.

I must drive John to distraction at times but he never loses his patience. He has invented another way of me managing to get by a problem in the Rumba. In the past he has done that for other exam routines.
    The weather down in Kent was lovely, very warm and sunny and no wind. Was sunny at home when I got back but the wind was very cold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went out for lunch with a friend yesterday, we were intending to go to pizza hut but it was Saturday and to many children and families there so went to KFC instead. Then shopping to Llandudno. Had a good day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had some strange weather today. Very cold but sunny mostly except for the spells of hailstones which have kept coming along.
    I risked letting Flossy run in the farm but after being really good to start with she shot off when I called her( deliberately naughty). Then I lost sight of her and walked around for a while looking for her. Gave up and went back to the car and found she had got there before me and was looking for me. In future I will have to just carry on walking the route and then perhaps she will find me instead of us missing each other.

Since then we have had roast chicken and veg and Rhubarb pie. I have also made some Raisin bread. I mde a plain white loaf yesterday.

I have to do some dance practice this week. Getting closer to getting things right but still a few bits to sort out. especially in the Rumba.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun is out today but still a bit chilly indoors. Nice and bright though which always makes me feel better.

Ej you have been busy with your cooking and baking, makes me hungry just reading it. Back to my drama class tonight and am looking forward to it.

SH glad you had a good weekend. How big is llandudno?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is everyone? I am feeling grotty. The Dr tells me I have gastroenteritis. Had terrible pains on monday night with it but eased now, just sore and grumbly now. Hope everyone is ok?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you are feeling a bit better now Star.
    Hve been really busy these last few days and am taking Flossy out for longer walks. She is getting better and is coming back to the whistle some of the time which is a big step forward.

Still trying to fit in dance practice, hope it is better by Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope you are feeling a bit better now Star, its horrible being ill. Llandudno is quite a fair size it is a seaside town and is known as Wales's premier resort. Though I wonder at that tag sometimes.

EJ I am glad you are making progress with Flossy and her walks. Hope everybody is ok.

I went to the Community Toy Library yesterday to do my morning of voluntary work in the office. They have some great toys there and I admit I have brought one or two home myself and had great fun with them. Its the child in me I suppose lol.

I had my IT class yesterday evening as well, we are doing desk top publishing at the moment and I have never used the package before so it is taking some getting used to. It is wonderful the things you are able to produce with it, greeting cards, posters etc. I also went to an additional IT class this morning as I wanted some extra help with the desktop publishing as we will be having an assessment very soon.

Will speak tomorrow bye for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a good lesson today. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with the routines.
    I am managing to identify my own mistakes before I get told about them, and I am confident enough to ask about the bits I am not sure about.
    John was pleased with the way things are going.

I managed to miss the downpours, some were really heavy.

The train company has given me a voucher the return part of my ticket for the day that someone offed themselves under a train at Hemel Hwmpstead a few weeks ago and I had to divert my return home through St Pancras and Luton so was late home. It will pay for half of next weeks ticket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EJ glad you had a good lesson with John and that you managed to miss the terrible weather.

I went to the local college to the IT workshop this morning to do some work on my own for my desk top publishing assignment for my Tuesday IT class. I am finding publisher rather fiddly to use but am understanding it a bit better now.
  • Options
    leftfeet2leftfeet2 Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again sorry to intrude dealing with W U M CANT LEAVE IT ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all been a bit unwell but am better now. Waiting to hear from my Dad and Stepmum who are over from Australia. Hope to see them later on today.

Left Feet you are not intruding feel free to say hello when ever you like.

SH sounds like your class is going well, glad you are enjoying it.

EJ how are you? Any sign of your son coming over yet?

FT how are you coping with not working? Hope HRH is looking after you!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, Star hope you are getting better and seeing your family will be sure to make you feel better.

Son is due to come over in June he says but will just have to wait and see. He gave me a shopping list of things he would like to have sent over. Top of the list was Yorkshire Tea teabags and Marmite. Some Chocolate for his daughter and mustard. Strange list of things but apparently he cant get them there.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Off to see Top Hat with TVA tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I was never a particular Tom Chambers fan but I've heard really good things about this show.:D

Star, HRH is very fed up with this weather. She is driving me mad by miaowing all the time, expecting me to find "the door into summer" that she knows is there somewhere if she just looks hard enough!

My enforced retirement has been a bit odd so far. Been feeling quite ill after an operation so I haven't actually done anything at all so far. This week is the first week I've actually felt human again lol. Went out to lunch with a friend yesterday which went on until about 5.00pm.:D It's a shame it's raining so hard as I'd like to get out into the garden and start getting it into some sort of shape from the chaos, but at the moment that isn't really possible. I might have to do some housework instead!:eek:

Can't say I'm over impressed by the news that the BBC have appointed Darcy Bussell to take over from Alesha. I really like Darcy as a ballet dancer but I'm not sure about her judging capability. She was pretty useless the last time she did it. She's going to be another one like Alesha who overmarks and says everyone's wonderful. I was hoping for Karen or someone who has a ballroom background rather than a ballet background. Still at least she knows about dancing and performance so it might not be too bad. And they're moving further and further away from a strictly ballroom dance show anyway and have turned it into a Saturday night entertainment show with a bit of dancing thrown in (IMHO).:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT Have you had both of your cataract ops now? Did they go ok?
    I have one to do but it isnt ready yet for being treated. As I only have sight in that one eye things are a bit difficult right now. The other eye has a macular problem which is untreatable.. Did have a cataract in that one some time ago and the op was quick and easy and the result means that at least I have periphal vision in that eye. The time will come I guess when I am unable to see at all then the cataract might get removed.

I dont think the eyesight problem will affect the dance lessons but getting there and back might get to be a challenge. Right now I cant read the departure boards and have to ask for help which is sometimes willingly given other times the staff dont want to be bothered.

Such is life I guess.

Flossy isnt keen on the rain and today she is due to go to my friends house with me and get her run in the field there, that might be a short run then as it is raining hard. Tomorrow is going to be a problem. Flossy to take out and Oliver to look after and OH has a hospital appointment, forecast is more rain so I am going to be stretched a lot of ways.

Tried to get an appointment for a mobile hairdresser to come but so far no luck. I have emailed her three times but she isnt responding. If she is fully booked the least she could do is tell me that. I will try at the weekend to get an appointment at a local hairdresser, dont like salons though as they tend to be young girls who dont like older people. I have had my fill of them.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    No I've only had one done - they say the other one isn't bad enough to do yet - apparently it'll be several years before they do that one. And I didn't have an anaesthetic for the cataract op - they just numb the eyeball.:eek: The operation I had on the 2nd April was under full anaesthetic and normally I don't have any problems but this time it really affected me.:( However, all better now so all I need is for the rain to stop and I can start enjoying my retirement.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello it is tipping with rain here oh joy oh rapture lol:D
    I am still not too well, hot, cold upset tummy, nausea am fed up with it. Saw my dad and stepmum last night which was nice.

FT hope you enjoy Top Hat it has had excellent reviews. Poor HRH you will have to get her a sun lamp lol.
    I agree about Darcey Bussell she's a ballet dancer why cant they get an actual ballroom dancer as thats what the show is meant to be about.

EJ hope it goes ok at your friends and Floss doenst get too wet. You are amazing to dance with only one good eye is it hard to do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not keen on Darcy Bussell as judge, wasnt impressed by her before, very colourless.

Star I can dance ok as things are at the minute. Dont know how it will go when the cataract gets worse but I am sure I will manage I will find it tricky getting to my lessons more than the lessons themselves I think. John is aware of it and he is ok with it. Just hope it doesnt take too long for the thing to be ready to be removed.

Flossy got wet but didnt bother about it until the walk was over, then she wanted to be dried off straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know what to make of Darcy Bussell being the judge on SCD but she is a dancer after all and I think we shall just have to wait and see what happens.

FT I do hope you make a speedy recovery and continue to get well.

Am going to make an apple pie tomorrow morning from a recipe I have not tried before, see how it turns out, and hopfully have it for desert after dinner tomorrow evening.

speak tomorrow bye for now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well just back from Top Hat, and i have to say, it was awesome! I hadn't seen the movie and didn't know the story (i know, can't beleive i admited that!), but it was lovely & Tom was very very good. Didn't stand out that he's not the "usual" pro dancer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to avoid the rain today, very lucky because it has rained hard everywhere. It was raining when I was in my dance lesson but it stopped in time for me to walk to the station. It is pouring now but it waited until I got home before it started up.

My watch gave up the ghost at 11.20 this morning, John couldnt find his so we had to rely on his mobile phone for the time. Lesson went well, I invented some new places to do mistakes but on the whole it isnt bad I think I have 6 lessons left before the exam, would be more but Blackpool gets in the way and I lose two weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe it is May tomorrow! At least it is dry today though the ground will still be soggy. Over the weekend I have had to change jeans twice because the dog walking was so muddy. Saturday was bad, I let Floss off in the farm and she spotted something, may have been a fox, and she was off like a bullet. It was probably half an hour before she decided to come bak and she looked like the creature from the black lagoon once again. Dont know why we thought a white long haired dog was a good idea!!!

Had hairdresser today. New mobile one.. she came to me as I didnt want to have to go to a salon. She was really good and did tests of my hair before she started and also while she was washing my hair. Verdict is that it needs protein and she recommended a professional shampoo and conditioner which I could get on Ebay at a reasonable cost. My hair certainly feels better today. I found out that I should avoid head and shoulders and Johnsosn baby shampoo because they both have a very high ph nearly the same as bleach and they will strip the oil out of my hair completely..
    She showed me how to use my tongs but I will have to see if I can do it.

The wind had blown down a fence panel so I have had to put up some netting as best I can to keep Flossy in our garden. It has broken a post as well so it isnt just a panel replacement..

Posted Sons emergency rations to Iceland today as well. That cost me £11.50 on top of the cost of tea bags marmite chocolate.