Helen Flanagan posing with gun to head

Comments

• pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    Appear current but be despised? Makes no sense :confused:

Column inches are column inches. Makes no odds to some wannabes if they are despised.They don't all want to be loved,just talked about will suffice for them.Witness the delightful nonentity that is Kenneth Tong spewing trash about dead celebrity babies. Liking doesn't matter to their ilk.
    Yes she is.

Which it is ..

Because sometimes, stupid people do stupid things.

Yes, because she's so "savvy", she decided in advance she wanted to be hated ..:rolleyes:

Gosh ,eye-rolling at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated.
    I shall resist responding pretentiously item by item.
    People can be stupid but savvy & Miss Flanagan knew what she was doing. She got mentions in papers ,interviews,column inches & a thread dedicated to talking about her on DS (and I daresay on other forums) & in her world that is what matters.......job done.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    polli wrote: »
    Helen is not as dopey as she pretends to be. Her apologists are saying it was an old picture. Maybe so,but why did she post it just now ? Column inches & anything to appear 'current' . Stupid behaviour ,but from a savvy fame-grabber who knew just what she was doing.
    She's already said she posted it whilst she was drunk/hungover. If she was a true headline grabber - she wouldn't have taken the picture down as quick as she did.

She's apologised.

And I've said this in another thread - I could direct people to at least a dozen pictures of celebrities posing in a provocative way with a gun which must (at some point in time - somewhere in the world) have been equally as distressing.

I think she was silly to post the picture but she has apologised. And to me - the media re-hashing the picture are more to blame for any extended distress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She SAID she was drunk/hungover,but then that excuse is often trotted out for these things so who knows if it was so.
    Considering she claims being in the jungle made her suicidal, I would think she has a tendency to exaggerate & be over dramatic,so the gun stunt fits her attitude.Anything goes when clawing for fame.
    Forum Member
    She SAID she was drunk/hungover,but then that excuse is often trotted out for these things so who knows if it was so.
    Considering she claims being in the jungle made her suicidal, I would think she has a tendency to exaggerate & be over dramatic,so the gun stunt fits her attitude.Anything goes when clawing for fame.

So you're suggesting she thought 'I know what'll get me in the papers! I'll dig out a picture that was taken a few months ago - one that'll really offend some people the other side of the Atlantic and post it on Twitter - and at the same time I'll make the whole of the UK hate me'.

She did a truly stupid thing! That is all she is guilty of. Frigging hell - if we executed everyone for doing stupid things - we'd all be dead by now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're suggesting she thought 'I know what'll get me in the papers! I'll dig out a picture that was taken a few months ago - one that'll really offend some people the other side of the Atlantic and post it on Twitter - and at the same time I'll make the whole of the UK hate me'.

She did a truly stupid thing! That is all she is guilty of. Frigging hell - if we executed everyone for doing stupid things - we'd all be dead by now!

Yes,I think that is what she thought exactly.
    I don't think anyone asked for her to be executed,that would indeed be over reaction.
    She is getting discussed, and behind the facade of "mea culpa" she is no doubt satisfied.
    Forum Member
    Yes,I think that is what she thought exactly.
    I think you're just being a trifle silly then if thats what you believe.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh ,eye-rolling at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated

Gosh, sarcasm at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated.

You're seeing something that isn't there, but then I guess that's ok - the uber-cynic is somewhat fashionable on DS.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I'm really surprised there wasn't a new thread dedicated to last night's interesting fashion choice:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2254073/Helen-Flanagan-stands-low-cut-thigh-high-boots-frosty-pink-lipstick.html
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised there wasn't a new thread dedicated to last night's interesting fashion choice:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2254073/Helen-Flanagan-stands-low-cut-thigh-high-boots-frosty-pink-lipstick.html

That whole outfit is a disaster! What's with the fake tan lippy combo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bloody hell! I never thought she could look bad in anything. That's me proved wrong.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What the hell's with that lipstick?! That looks stupid! It totally stands out.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of pictures of "Babes with Guns" all over the internet, why is this any different. Personally I think she is a empty nobody who would sell her soul for a moment of fame, yet in this case its wrong to call her ignorant.

So because some kids got shot guns should never be seen again? Its just a picture, nothing more, and it has no connection to the shooting in America other than some scum bag reporter used it to dredge up some "shock".

If I am not mistaken as well, it looks like an american model pistol. Its beyond stupid how people get upset about stuff.

(I also notice the paper in question is still running call of duty adverts. A game which has more guns than a rambo dvd on repeat. Oh the bitter irony of it all mwhahahahahaha)
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    What the hell's with that lipstick?! That looks stupid! It totally stands out.

But it did get her picture in the papers again so it worked.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spaniel's ears. :D

If she goes around without a bra on a regular basis, by the time she reaches 40, her tits will be in her shoes. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it did get her picture in the papers again so it worked.

Ah yes, a fashion faux paux is impossible in the world of celebrity. I suspect her "team" had a high level meeting in their secret tower to decide her clothing selection that night .. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    She's obviously a total idiot a Z list celebrity desperately draining the last drop of the 15 minutes of fame the cretin has been given .
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Lots of pictures of "Babes with Guns" all over the internet, why is this any different. Personally I think she is a empty nobody who would sell her soul for a moment of fame, yet in this case its wrong to call her ignorant.

So because some kids got shot guns should never be seen again? Its just a picture, nothing more, and it has no connection to the shooting in America other than some scum bag reporter used it to dredge up some "shock".

If I am not mistaken as well, it looks like an american model pistol. Its beyond stupid how people get upset about stuff.

(I also notice the paper in question is still running call of duty adverts. A game which has more guns than a rambo dvd on repeat. Oh the bitter irony of it all mwhahahahahaha)

If you'd been following the story properly, you'd know it wasn't the fact she was posing with a gun, it was that she Tweeted it shortly after the Newtown shootings.

I agree the paper are hypocritical to carry ads for violent computer games, but that's the revenue game, they all do it, not just the Sun and they won't stop it anytime soon.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If you'd been following the story properly, you'd know it wasn't the fact she was posing with a gun, it was that she Tweeted it shortly after the Newtown shootings.

I agree the paper are hypocritical to carry ads for violent computer games, but that's the revenue game, they all do it, not just the Sun and they won't stop it anytime soon.

I agree it wasn't so much she posed with a gun it was the timing plus the fact the picture was months old and she decided to tweet it on that day does make it look suspicious I do think she did it on purpose to get into the papers.

I honestly think she may go the Katie Price route as in she would sooner be hated than ignored
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Spaniel's ears. :D

If she goes around without a bra on a regular basis, by the time she reaches 40, her tits will be in her shoes. ;)

Well, considering she's had them done, they are already very saggy.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesnt she just take the cash, do a topless photoshoot, and be done with it instead of pimping her tits out in the papers every week.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought they were real
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Why doesnt she just take the cash, do a topless photoshoot, and be done with it instead of pimping her tits out in the papers every week.

I think it's a case of trying to up the price I have no doubts she will do it sooner rather than later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The conspiracy theorists and the "everything is done for profile" crowd will lose their minds next week. Just sayin' ;)
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought they were unenhanced so to speak. Dreadful outfit though and combined with that make up!
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I thought they were real
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I thought they were unenhanced so to speak. Dreadful outfit though and combined with that make up!

So did I but a poster on the IACGMOOH forum found an interview with her where she admitted having them done for her "self confidence". If you look at older photographs of her, they are definitely enhanced - no one has that much of a growth spurt!