Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised a bra or two weren't burnt by the end of the girls in sport debate. If girls don't want to play sport, it's their choice and they know the possible consequences of that (become unhealthy and subsequently ill). Besides, sport isn't the only way to keep fit.

The last two callers on that topic sounded a bit suspect.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »

She's a sex idiot. :D
  • Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hawkwind mentioned for the first time since Wright left for the jungle last year. It's been so long, I thought he might have been told to stop giving them plugs by Channel 5 executives.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see the back of these flimsy kids presenters...it's been a long week :(
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the back of these flimsy kids presenters...it's been a long week :(

Makes a change from Lowri, Huey, Furst and so many others who've been on there far too often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Makes a change from Lowri, Huey, Furst and so many others who've been on there far too often.

Two of them at once makes the panel far too weak and watery, better to split them up and pair them with someone more strident.

There's only so much simpering I can take :(
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of them at once makes the panel far too weak and watery, better to split them up and pair them with someone more strident.

Go on, do tell us in what way they have been simpering? seems to be a ridiculous charge to me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Go on, do tell us in what way they have been simpering? seems to be a ridiculous charge to me

Smiley and lightweight with not much to offer the discussions aside from their abundant 'niceness'.

Horses for courses of course but this particular nag prefers a little more bite. Hope that's ok with you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was aghast in disbelief this morning when Matthew told the one-handed lady to pile chips up into a structure. Then to add further misery, he kept referring back to her exclaiming 'It's just not happening, is it?'

It was like television from another era. :(:o
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MostynDS wrote: »
    I was aghast in disbelief this morning when Matthew told the one-handed lady to pile chips up into a structure. Then to add further misery, he kept referring back to her exclaiming 'It's just not happening, is it?'

It was like television from another era. :(:o

Yes, that struck me as particularly insensitive too. Ironically it`s the sort of thing he would do as a topic if some other show had dared to be so dumb.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Suzannah Lipscomb today. Educated, articulate and well spoken. Thought she may have been better at embellishing the debate with the callers, rather than Wright's continued my way or the highway approach.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley and lightweight with not much to offer the discussions aside from their abundant 'niceness'.

Horses for courses of course but this particular nag prefers a little more bite. Hope that's ok with you.

Neither smiley or lightweight, so no it's not OK with me
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The girl on all week seems particularly dim and will change course in the same breath as Matt steers her through.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Enjoyed Suzannah Lipscomb today. Educated, articulate and well spoken. Thought she may have been better at embellishing the debate with the callers, rather than Wright's continued my way or the highway approach.

I thought she was another reality tv star until I heard her speak.
    Why can't we have more guests like her on?
    She was good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another plug for Five`s Suspects - Must be tanking in the ratings. Predictably Kev LOVED it! Shocker.

Stefan Gates and Zoe Lyons next week.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have felt a bit whiney and wet.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    They have felt a bit whiney and wet.

They matched the weather!!! :D
  • Options
    barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Another plug for Five`s Suspects - Must be tanking in the ratings. Predictably Kev LOVED it! Shocker.

Anyone kept/keeping the score for last year/this year?

Lyons/Furst/Holland well in the lead ?

Makes you yearn for the Lamb/Ellis/Turner rota years.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Odd how Cerrie is allowed to talk about 'crap jobs' but not Joe.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

Shite panel. Shite guests.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff/guests-coming-soon/guests-from-24th-february

Monday 24th
    Daily Guest: Gemma Oaten (Emmerdale) - Eating Disorder's Awareness Week

Tuesday 25th
    Daily Guest: Adam Rickett - The Big Reunion (ITV2)

Wednesday 26th
    Daily Guest: Nic Westaway - Home & Away (C5)

Thursday 27th
    Daily Guest: Dr Hilary Jones - A Day In Your Life (book)

Friday 28th
    Daily Guest: Lynne McGranger - Home & Away (C5)
    Odd how Cerrie is allowed to talk about 'crap jobs' but not Joe.

I found it odd that she came out with it in the first place, as it's a bit coarse and lazy for day time. I think Joe was just following Cerrie's lead and so Matthew stopped it before it continued, and wished it hadn't started in the first place.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some might be salivating at Tuesday's guest, seeing as he is a Tory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Gemma been out all night? Looks like she hasn't had time to go and change :confused:
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I FF'd through every show last week. CBBC panel was horrible.

If they're not overly PC, they're unfunny/annoying (looking at you, Stefan Gates).
    Some might be salivating at Tuesday's guest, seeing as he is a Tory.
    I thought people would be salivating because they remember his solo career ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Gemma is the first person ever to suffer from anorexia. Or maybe that`s just how it came across.

Tomorrow - Adam Rickett. How can anyone take him seriously as a politician when, even to people of my generation, all we know him for is a set of rock hard abs, blonde mop and being filmed inside a perspex tube miming his "hit" Breathe Again (an excellent record BTW)?
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt and his under aged sex topics, eh.

I wonder when he has children of his own if he'll think 14 is a good age for a child to have a baby.

Maybe he will. Maybe it goes much deeper than just being childless.
This discussion has been closed.