Options

DWTS: Season 18 General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Can any1 vote in the switch up? I did my choices in hash tags but wonder if they will count & can you put all you hash tags in a couple of tweets or if it is 1 each. a bit unfair that Karina & Henry aren't choices though whoever goes next week is although someone said that BillyDee wasn't in the original choices but don't know if this is true or not

I presume anyone with a twitter account can vote (as many times as they like), but can't help on the other stuff. :(

If I've understood correctly the vote closes midnight after the show next week, so I suppose they'll just discard the switch votes for the eliminated pair from week 2. Presumably there will be another couple up for the chop based on week three's show too. I wonder if the double elimination was so they don't have to eliminate someone on the week 3 dances ... because both halves of that couple would be with new partners!!)

I wonder if it's working out more complicated than they first imagined!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 3 dances ('Most memorable Year'). from wiki:

Candace - Jive
    Drew - Waltz
    Meryl - Foxtrot
    NeNe - Rumba
    James - Contemporary
    Amy - ?
    Cody - Jazz
    Charlie - Jive
    Billy Dee - Waltz

Candace and NeNe on week 3 and still no ballroom ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I got all excited, but it took me to a window to register for twitter :confused: which I didn't do. (I was going to support you in your wish ;-) and also vote for Emma to have Charlie :)).

PS: Reading over at PureDwts, they reckon the spaces mean the votes won't count, so might be a good idea to delete the spaces after the hashtag so... #DWTSNeNeMaksim not #DWTS NeNe Maksim
    (No idea if they're right about that)

Oh Soupy from what I understand the twitter thing is just to show you've tweeted about it, I fell for that at first just keep choosing couples and no tweeting. Seems a bit of a farce how it's turned out. Apparently they decided to do it via ABC now, as well as twitter as there were grumblings of cough 'fix' as folk tracking the votes on twitter. I ain#t joining twitter anytime soon.

I found it a bit odd that you just chose your couples and didn't have to submit it and then choose another pairing. That's why I pressed the twitter logo first time round, unless anyone can tell me I made a pigs ear of it and I am doing it wrong.:blush::blush::confused:
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Week 3 dances ('Most memorable Year'). from wiki:

Candace - Jive
    Drew - Waltz
    Meryl - Foxtrot
    NeNe - Rumba
    James - Contemporary
    Amy - ?
    Cody - Jazz
    Charlie - Jive
    Billy Dee - Waltz

Candace and NeNe on week 3 and still no ballroom ....

Looking at some of the foxtrot there wasn't much ballroom there anyways I loved Charlie & Sharna's tango but understood Len's point but he needed to say something about the foxtrot and other dances as well None of the foxtrots looked like foxtrots to me it could of been any old dance tbh guessing Amy will have a ballroom but with Candace & Nene still not having a ballroom who knows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Soupy from what I understand the twitter thing is just to show you've tweeted about it, I fell for that at first just keep choosing couples and no tweeting. Seems a bit of a farce how it's turned out. Apparently they decided to do it via ABC now, as well as twitter as there were grumblings of cough 'fix' as folk tracking the votes on twitter. I ain#t joining twitter anytime soon.

I found it a bit odd that you just chose your couples and didn't have to submit it and then choose another pairing. That's why I pressed the twitter logo first time round, unless anyone can tell me I made a pigs ear of it and I am doing it wrong.:blush::blush::confused:

I think you need to have twitter to submit your choice. On twitter you can see the most common choice as they come up when you try to hast tag some are really obvious!

Who would everyone pick for the switch-up then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, Okay! :) I'll do it again (it is a bit weird not having a submit button :confused:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, Okay! :) I'll do it again (it is a bit weird not having a submit button :confused:)

I'm only assuming that's the way to do it, based on Pure DWTS, saying it was on ABC for peeps without twitter accounts. They love to confuse though putting twitter link on there, reckon it will be all mighty cock up. Badly thought out, planned and executed. All for them to go back to their original partners anyway.:D:D:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think you need to have twitter to submit your choice. On twitter you can see the most common choice as they come up when you try to hast tag some are really obvious!

I'm basing it on the fact, they now put it on ABC site, for those not having a twitter account.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

My choices are -

NeNe & Maks
    Charlie & Emma
    Billy & Peta (she deserves an older celeb)
    Witney & James (just to make Peta jealous) ;-)
    Sharna & Cody (she'll kick his a$$ into touch);-)
    Cheryl & Drew
    Amy & Mark
    Val & Meryl (atleast Val can choreograph)
    Candace & Tony
    Derek & Danica
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Charlie to Emma (just think she deserves a treat for a week)
    James to Sharna
    Drew to Witney
    Cody to Cheryl (he needs a firm hand :p)
    BDW to Peta

Meryl to Val (and hope he'd really challenge her)
    Candace to Derek
    Amy to Tony (she'll be fine with anyone for a week, I think)
    Danica to Mark
    NeNe to Maks (for the larfs)

How about you?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry yes some confusion but it seems you do have to tweet on ABC page after choosing your pairing, bummer, felt misled.>:(

This was the paragraph on Pure DWTS that threw me.

So first things first – anyone else find it awfully funny that they suddenly decided to allow voting for the partner switch on the ABC site last night? After it had been advertised as a “Twitter-voting” contest? And not long after I posted part I of my “Is it Rigged?” post? :-P I can only guess that it was an attempt to both appease the non-Twitter crowd, as well as play spoiler to our efforts to track the hashtags. Too bad that a lot of the folks voting on the ABC site are also using that handy-dandy “share my vote on Twitter” button to tell us how they voted…and good ol’ Keyhole seems to be picking that up as well. Nice try, Muppets/Mean Girls…*maniacal laugh* ::horns::
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at some of the foxtrot there wasn't much ballroom there anyways I loved Charlie & Sharna's tango but understood Len's point but he needed to say something about the foxtrot and other dances as well None of the foxtrots looked like foxtrots to me it could of been any old dance tbh guessing Amy will have a ballroom but with Candace & Nene still not having a ballroom who knows

I doubt Amy has ballroom. I think she probably has Contemporary, but we'll see.

I'm glad to see Drew and BillyDee have Waltz. That should be a good dance for both of them. Billy, of course, is on borrowed time. If I had to guess, he may be eliminated Monday.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost certain Billy Dee is gone next Monday. He can leave gracefully with the waltz next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie to Emma (just think she deserves a treat for a week)
    James to Sharna
    Drew to Witney
    Cody to Cheryl (he needs a firm hand :p)
    BDW to Peta

Meryl to Val (and hope he'd really challenge her)
    Candace to Derek
    Amy to Tony (she'll be fine with anyone for a week, I think)
    Danica to Mark
    NeNe to Maks (for the larfs)

How about you?

I picked

Emma with Charlie to see what she can do with someone who can dance
    BDW with Peta least fav pro never gets older celeb about time tbh
    James with Witney because I'm finding Cody hard work and I want to see what James & Witney can do (though quite happy if he has Sharna if I could pick any pro it would have been Karina I just couldn't work out my last 3 the first 2 were easy for me)
    Drew with Sharna I like Sharna but she has the best male this season & want to see more personality from Drew & she was great with Andy Dick
    Cody with Cheryl needs someone stricter & would like to see Carrie Ann face with the height difference

Meryl with Mark he was so good with Kristi better height for Meryl
    Candice with Tony Tony can teach ballroom could be well matched would have preferred Tristan or Henry here tho
    Amy with Val I like Val & his choreography so would like to see he would cope with Amy & vice versa
    Danica with Derek I think they would suit each other
    And finally Nene with Maks just to see Maks reaction

The waltz will be a nice farewell to Billy Dee hope Emma is still in the switch up tho & with Charlie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed by Amy on twitter that dancefan8001 is 100% right :) they are dancing contemporary. Wish it was ballroom third dance in & 3 couple yet to do a ballroom dance :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I picked

Emma with Charlie to see what she can do with someone who can dance
    BDW with Peta least fav pro never gets older celeb about time tbh
    James with Witney because I'm finding Cody hard work and I want to see what James & Witney can do (though quite happy if he has Sharna if I could pick any pro it would have been Karina I just couldn't work out my last 3 the first 2 were easy for me)
    Drew with Sharna I like Sharna but she has the best male this season & want to see more personality from Drew & she was great with Andy Dick
    Cody with Cheryl needs someone stricter & would like to see Carrie Ann face with the height difference

Meryl with Mark he was so good with Kristi better height for Meryl
    Candice with Tony Tony can teach ballroom could be well matched would have preferred Tristan or Henry here tho
    Amy with Val I like Val & his choreography so would like to see he would cope with Amy & vice versa
    Danica with Derek I think they would suit each other
    And finally Nene with Maks just to see Maks reaction

The waltz will be a nice farewell to Billy Dee hope Emma is still in the switch up tho & with Charlie

Maks wants NeNe. His dance studio DanceWithMeUSA tweeted asking fans to keep the family together and specifically tweeted:

#DWTSNeNeMaks
    #DWTSDanicaTony
    #DWTSMerylVal

As far as Amy having Contemporry, I'm a little nervous for their dance on Monday. I know Derek said it was going to be beautiful but....well, you'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maks wants NeNe. His dance studio DanceWithMeUSA tweeted asking fans to keep the family together and specifically tweeted:

#DWTSNeNeMaks
    #DWTSDanicaTony
    #DWTSMerylVal

As far as Amy having Contemporry, I'm a little nervous for their dance on Monday. I know Derek said it was going to be beautiful but....well, you'll see.

They should have just finish that with putting Candice with Derek & Amy with Mark. Think all are grand no one who they get as they get as it for one week if it was for longer I think you would see a difference.

Really i wanted Maks with Nene as I think they will get on well & he has Meryl this season so it will be a different type of celeb for him. Have to admit I hope that Nene will be doing contemporary (if she HAS to do contemporary this season) with whoever she gets after Tony's attempt last season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eeew. :cry:

Bit disappointed to see Amy isn't doing a ballroom dance. She (and the others yet to do one) are not going to have any basic ballroom knowledge to build on as they get deeper into the competition. I know the show does everything it can to keep those pesky, boring ballroom dances that only really old people enjoy off our screens, but it makes the basic premise of the show a bit of a joke. Still, as has been remarked upon, when they do do foxtrot, nobody can really tell that's what it is anyway...... :(:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hope you're right on both counts.

I liked your switches. I'm sure Derek's fans will put him with Meryl. I don't mind especially, but it'd be great if it were less predictable. NeNe aside (sorry Mr_XcX :)), all the girls are good dancers. Even NeNe isn't terrible, but Tony hasn't really tested her with much proper technique yet. I'm starting to wonder if he can't really be bothered with it and is just giving her stuff she can do and have a good time with. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I trust Candace won't be banging on about her religion every week. It's a little tiresome and appears to be a cheap way to garner votes from the large demographic that wears its religious heart on its sleeve. Her protestations about wearing what she regards as revealing costumes could be seen as an implied criticism of the other female participants who don't subscribe to her "standards". The other contestants are promoting themselves and their talents; not their beliefs. I wish she would do likewise.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeew. :cry:

Bit disappointed to see Amy isn't doing a ballroom dance. She (and the others yet to do one) are not going to have any basic ballroom knowledge to build on as they get deeper into the competition. I know the show does everything it can to keep those pesky, boring ballroom dances that only really old people enjoy off our screens, but it makes the basic premise of the show a bit of a joke. Still, as has been remarked upon, when they do do foxtrot, nobody can really tell that's what it is anyway...... :(:confused:

Just wanted to say Fridgesoup this was so well worded I thought I wrote it myself, hahahaha. ;-) :D Seriously. Every word is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    williamh1 wrote: »
    I trust Candace won't be banging on about her religion every week. It's a little tiresome and appears to be a cheap way to garner votes from the large demographic that wears its religious heart on its sleeve. Her protestations about wearing what she regards as revealing costumes could be seen as an implied criticism of the other female participants who don't subscribe to her "standards". The other contestants are promoting themselves and their talents; not their beliefs. I wish she would do likewise.

If she feels that strongly surprised she took part! The costumes are part and parcel of the show, you can flash as much or little of the flesh as you like, if you have a discreet word with wardrobe. It's certainly whipped up some media interest though, cynical not.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Maks by any stretch of the imagination but I'm rather liking him together with Meryl.....at first I was disappointed she was paired with him because I thought it was a mismatch in personality, height and build and I thought it was a waste of a talented contestant but I think they're working well together so far. I'm loving Meryl - she's got a bit of an eccentric vibe about her......I think the American word is 'kooky' but she's definitely quite unique in her personality and especially like that slightly mischievous glint she has in her eye and the way she gently makes fun of Maks - I think her gentle, feminie gracefulness balances out Maks' machoness rather nicely.......still not sure how it's going to pan out for them in ballroom but as pointed out the producers don't seem to pay that much attention to proper ballroom so perhaps it doesn't really matter. I hope Mak's steps up his choreography for her.

Other contestants I'm liking are Charlie and Danica - both come across as enthusiastic and charming and wanting to do the best for their pro partners. So at the moment I'd like to see Meryl, Charlie and Danica in the final - I think that would make an interesting final having two brothers competiting against each other and the two figure skating partners.

I felt sorry for Diana being the first boot - she was a super fan of the show and seemed to be loving the experience, it would have been nice if she could have had a week a two more and I personally wanted to see more of Henry. I'm not so sure about Sean - I think he had a right to be annoyed because it looked like he was stitched up by the producers but I'm not sure he was enjoying the experience and although I realise he was a novice he looked quite self conscious in his performances - I felt more sorry for Karina being stuck in a difficult situation between him and the producers.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'm not at all surprised Candace is playing the God card. Her brother is fruitloop pastor and all round homophobe Kirk Cameron.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    :D

BIB Ha! the ultimate put down :p. Agree with what you say about Cody. He just irritates the heck out of me, from his horrid droopy-crotch jeans with the bandana hanging down the back to his gangly spaghetti limbs and personal take on the dances. I know he's only young, yada, yada .. but, Gah! He makes my teeth itch! :blush:

Cody's legs and feet do look horrible when he's dancing.