Star-Crossed Fridays 8pm Sky 1

MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
Forum Member
Pilot available on demand. Agree with those in the US thread who compare it to a cross between Roswell, Alien Nation and a dozen teen high school dramas. Disappointed by the very unoriginal aliens. Extremely good looking cast though. School tech is impressively futuristic. Everyone's got very fancy phones.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pegged for Certain Cancellation in the US.
    Don't bother, I hate how shows don't get much of a chance lately. This had DOA written all over it
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Pegged for Certain Cancellation in the US.
    Don't bother, I hate how shows don't get much of a chance lately. This had DOA written all over it
    Shame. If they'd avoided making it a teen targeted drama and added a bit more alien mysticism, it might have worked out.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series recorded it
    But it looks dead as anything. But if it happens to get a second season and it wouldn't be the first CW show to get a renewal based on awful ratings, i'll have it to check out in case.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the trailer I've seen it seems like Romeo and Juliet with Romeo as an alien
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    From the trailer I've seen it seems like Romeo and Juliet with Romeo as an alien

That's what they'd have you believe
    but without giving too much away in the 6 episodes I've seen so far there's not been much of any Romeo & Juliet connection between the two lead characters!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen all the episodes to date and it's ok nothing special I wouldn't be gutted if it got cancelled but if they improved a few things it could be a half decent show!
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its had a good first 2 episodes over here,all a bit rushed but thats cos its a mid season 12 episode season.

a shame it was not advertised well in US, with these 2 leads and the whole R&J,twilight thing they got going on i thought it could do well for CW

its also been a bit more creative than i expected, i hope they give it a second season to see if it can build a audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i find a time filler. A bit 'twilight' with the dark haired girl with the two potential lovers, one an alien with human sympathies, the other human gang member with a good body.

all teen angst. but yes good tech in places.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First episode was okay-ish, but then it just turned straight into another round of the CW's best teen angst fair without anything that interesting to back it. If you'd switched the character names to those of Roswell or Vampire diaries it was pretty much the same thing, except those other two didn't have wooden leads.

Still, I'm giving it a go because Fridays are dead and it's only the second episode, so it's still finding its feet.

Edited to add that I agree on the creative parts people mentioned. It does have some nice touches.

Oh, and her sick friend is far more interesting to me than the girl we're supposed to root for.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    First episode was okay-ish, but then it just turned straight into another round of the CW's best teen angst fair without anything that interesting to back it. If you'd switched the character names to those of Roswell or Vampire diaries it was pretty much the same thing, except those other two didn't have wooden leads.Still, I'm giving it a go because Fridays are dead and it's only the second episode, so it's still finding its feet.

Edited to add that I agree on the creative parts people mentioned. It does have some nice touches.

Oh, and her sick friend is far more interesting to me than the girl we're supposed to root for.

Yet again, I find myself agreeing with you! :D Promise I'm not stalking you! :p The Star-Crossed female lead is a very wet, older looking Nina Dobrev, and if you just interchanged 'aliens' with 'vampires' you wouldn't have much difference. Doesn't help the cause that there's two Vampire Diaries alumni in the Star-Crossed cast either. I've watched the first two episodes, but don't think I'll bother beyond that. Although I like the slightly futuristic element (and their phones) I don't think there's enough to hold my interest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Yet again, I find myself agreeing with you! :D Promise I'm not stalking you! :p The Star-Crossed female lead is a very wet, older looking Nina Dobrev, and if you just interchanged 'aliens' with 'vampires' you wouldn't have much difference. Doesn't help the cause that there's two Vampire Diaries alumni in the Star-Crossed cast either. I've watched the first two episodes, but don't think I'll bother beyond that. Although I like the slightly futuristic element (and their phones) I don't think there's enough to hold my interest.

People will start to talk:blush::D

Wait, there's two of them in it? Who's the other one? Have I not been paying enough attention:o
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think many friday night lights fans will be shocked at the amount of weight Aimee Teegarden has lost(not that she was ever overweight)
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    People will start to talk:blush::D

Wait, there's two of them in it? Who's the other one? Have I not been paying enough attention:o

Too late, they already are...;-):D

Anna, Jeremy's vamp gf is sick best friend and Mommy/Mayor Lockwood is Main Alien Boy's mother. Which one passed you by? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Too late, they already are...;-):D

Anna, Jeremy's vamp gf is sick best friend and Mommy/Mayor Lockwood is Main Alien Boy's mother. Which one passed you by? :D

Woah, hang on Tyler's mum's in it? She's in Teen Wolf, too. She sure is doing the rounds:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen epsiode 9 and it's definitely getting better I'm now thinking I'd be abit gutted if it didn't get a second season :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i think many friday night lights fans will be shocked at the amount of weight Aimee Teegarden has lost(not that she was ever overweight)

I don't think she looks that skinny but she is looking pretty old considering she's only 24!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I've just seen epsiode 9 and it's definitely getting better I'm now thinking I'd be abit gutted if it didn't get a second season :(

Alas, I think it would take a miracle according to most places who discuss these things. Sorry:(

Have hope, though, the ways of the CW are weird indeed.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alas, I think it would take a miracle according to most places who discuss these things. Sorry:(

Have hope, though, the ways of the CW are weird indeed.:)

According to this it's 'too early to tell' but Im sure I've read the CW won't cancel all their 'duff' shows so maybe it'll get a renewal :confused:

http://tvline.com/2013/10/31/renewed-tv-shows-2014-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series/5/
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical show that gets branded "crap/garbage"just because it isn't the next game of Thrones. It's actually decent.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying this so far. Where do I recognise Roman from though? What else has the actor been in?

I'm a month older than Aimee Teegarden, and she looks so much older than me. I think it's a mixture of the weight loss, and the darker hair. She looked much younger with blonde hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    According to this it's 'too early to tell' but Im sure I've read the CW won't cancel all their 'duff' shows so maybe it'll get a renewal :confused:

http://tvline.com/2013/10/31/renewed-tv-shows-2014-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series/5/

I was looking here:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/13/bubble-watch-a-look-at-cbss-and-foxs-pilot-season-is-fox-like-nbc-just-trying-to-divert-attention-from-bad-ratings/253404/

Unless the CW does something weird I'm still thinking it's more likely to be cancelled than renewed, especially at The 100 seems to be doing better. But still, we can only wait and see.:)
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I'm struggling to comprehend that these guys are supposed to only be high school age. Romans fellow alien student/ henchman is 16 going on 40!
    Honestly I know it's a make believe show about teenage aliens but please! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    I'm struggling to comprehend that these guys are supposed to only be high school age. Romans fellow alien student/ henchman is 16 going on 40!
    Honestly I know it's a make believe show about teenage aliens but please! ;-)

*l* Yes. Mind you, I'm having the most trouble with Roman's hair. It's like the teen version of a Donald Trump.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I'm quite enjoying this so far. Where do I recognise Roman from though? What else has the actor been in?

I'm a month older than Aimee Teegarden, and she looks so much older than me. I think it's a mixture of the weight loss, and the darker hair. She looked much younger with blonde hair.

Matt Lanter was Liam in 90210 is that where you know him from?