Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Will it be on YouTube? Can anyone upload it please? :)
    Oh and this hate... It's so sad. Everytime I see a tweet about her, it is a hateful one.. I just can't understand it. Okayh I know that some people don't like her, but come on. It is already boring.

EDIT: Where do hearts go is already on Spotify... They didn't even put HOH on it, but this one was there right after it was released. lmao.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Gurl, your career is over. Bye!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I have always denied it but I do find her cringey and that Zoella vlog thing yesterday made me cringe SO BADLY!! She is way too OTT and it does get annoying. I think a lot of people have been oblivious to it and we've always denied it but I do think it's a problem. I didn't watch the interview this morning but I can imagine how it went. She needs to relax and just be the Alexandra we used to see way back years ago.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    That weren't herself! Watch her 2010 and 2011 interviews. I watched Alan Carr chatty man and was cringing ... It was the worse I've seen her act! But luckily that performance on there slayed so made up for it a wee bit. She also always repeats what she says in interviews like it's scripted in her mind, she needs to come across natural!

Most interviews are scripted lmao.
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She thinks shes gonna be soo well off without us but obviously not we are able to tell her where she went wrong and that bitch gemma wont. Hope her remaining 7 fans give her all the success she deserves.

I do think shes annoying sometimes.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Most interviews are scripted lmao.

There's scripted and then there's beyond fake ...
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gurl, your career is over. Bye!

Does this mean she can't release any album anymore? No, it doesn't McDonald employee.
  • Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an APPRECIATION thread, and people here are clearly not appreciating what she's tried to do.

It hasn't been sent to radio, or had promotion - it's a gift to the fans. She wanted to tie us over through the bodyguard.

And then y'all are shading for ONE SONG, but you don't appreciate what she's trying to do? No, it might not be as good as The Silence, but it's better than nothing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an APPRECIATION thread, and people here are clearly not appreciating what she's tried to do.

It hasn't been sent to radio, or had promotion - it's a gift to the fans. She wanted to tie us over through the bodyguard.

And then y'all are shading for ONE SONG, but you don't appreciate what she's trying to do? No, it might not be as good as The Silence, but it's better than nothing!

This.

You were all excited for NMY and Shine, they're both on the album. Then she releases this song which is clearly not good enough and y'all have a meltdown her album will be shit...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a rant on twitter. Expecting an unfollow in 3...2...1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know why in between projects she's not working with innovative producers.

This is an indie production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprGdZfZe1k
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you ever heard the expression 'Cruel to be kind'.

Honestly this song is beyond dire and the amateur production is just adding insult to injury. If you go onto the sites that matter like pop justice and buzz jack and have a look at what they are saying. It's almost embarrassing.

Why would you release a song that is so bad it's bordering on embarrassing. How is this going to convince anyone in the industry to give her a solid shot at the big time again.

She needs to surround herself with people who know how the industry works and what songs work and what doesn't work. You can't rely on amateurs who will just say everything you do is fantastic.

I'm not a hardcore fan but I hate to see something like this happen to someone who is clearly a very talented singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any other way to buy it? I mean.. I don't have Itunes, and I can't wait to hear it and I also want to support Alex... Can you help me guys?

You can listen to it on spotify if you have an account.
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    You can listen to it on spotify if you have an account.

Oh thanks but I aready made an Itunes account and downloaded it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Have you ever heard the expression 'Cruel to be kind'.

Honestly this song is beyond dire and the amateur production is just adding insult to injury. If you go onto the sites that matter like pop justice and buzz jack and have a look at what they are saying. It's almost embarrassing.

Why would you release a song that is so bad it's bordering on embarrassing. How is this going to convince anyone in the industry to give her a solid shot at the big time again.

She needs to surround herself with people who know how the industry works and what songs work and what doesn't work. You can't rely on amateurs who will just say everything you do is fantastic.

I'm not a hardcore fan but I hate to see something like this happen to someone who is clearly a very talented singer.

This. It's not a good situation musically speaking, and it's heartbreaking. She's so talented. If she's content with this though, let her continue. She'll only have herself to blame. She has to take some damn gall with her musical output. Do her own research on music and producers. If indie folks can do it well, so can she. In late 2012 despite flopping with HOH, she was a well known name, and for a good producer who's not well known, she could've been a big boost. Pulling power etc. Boots had that with Beyonce. I just don't get why Alex is so content on being mediocre musically. Sort. It. Out.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Song's not great is it? Such a wasted talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Song's not great is it? Such a wasted talent.

Thats putting it nicely. The song is horrid the only thing that saves it her vocals.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Certain people licking her arse on Twitter. Cba, ya know

#206 Poland
    #211 Ireland
    #256 United Kingdom
    #374 Spain

Thought the song would be in the top 150 by now. At this rate there won't be anything going to charity :cry:
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused as to why some of you are still posting in this thread if you're "done with Alex" as you say you are. Obviously people are going to be unhappy about things and agree/disagree on views and things Alex does, but my god, get over it. A lot of things will be beyond Alex's control. Some of you say things like "She needs to go and record with..." so and so, as if she can just jump in the studio and do it. There's a lot of politics and a lot of other stuff behind the scenes too that are out of her control. Then there's some of you claiming that Shine and No More You are amazing or rubbish...we haven't even heard them properly for god sake!! This current obsession with Where Do Hearts Go not being good enough...it's just a gift to us. In my opinion, it's actually just a gift to shut us all up and I don't blame her for doing this. The hate some of you give her is appalling, and this excuse of "oh we're just being cruel to be kind"...who are you kidding? It's just nasty. I'm not surprised she's unfollowed some of you. Fair enough give your opinion, but pestering and pestering her and bombarding her with your views...she's probably relieved to no longer be bogged down with your annoying tweets. Then this whole "OMG she unfollowed me, how dare she"...how old are you, jesus?!! I hated HOH and I've disliked other things within her career, and I've ranted about it, but some of you are seriously rude and immature. I actually like Alexandra and I'm happy that she's doing The Bodyguard. I have faith that she will release the album in the U.S, but some of you seriously underestimate how difficult it is and seem to think she can just suddenly become a star overnight. You're always unhappy about something, even on the verge of claiming "you're done" with her because of the way she has her hair! As for her not telling us any information...I don't blame her...if she tells us nothing at all then you go mad and if she tells us anything then you're also not happy. I guarantee that if she announced today her label and the album release date, you still would not be happy. It's ridiculous. If you're done with her, then please spare us your negativity and immature rants. Some of us here actualy like her and last time I checked, it was an appreciation thread, not an "I'm done with her, but I'm still going to continue to post here and repeatedly tell everyone that I'm done with her" thread.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reaction she got on Twitter for a 5 minute interview on a breakfast tv show just proves that she's wasting her time in the UK. Alex's perception in the UK is never gonna be healed and her music career is over here. I don't get why she cannot just focus on the US
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused as to why some of you are still posting in this thread if you're "done with Alex" as you say you are. Obviously people are going to be unhappy about things and agree/disagree on views and things Alex does, but my god, get over it. A lot of things will be beyond Alex's control. Some of you say things like "She needs to go and record with..." so and so, as if she can just jump in the studio and do it. There's a lot of politics and a lot of other stuff behind the scenes too that are out of her control. Then there's some of you claiming that Shine and No More You are amazing or rubbish...we haven't even heard them properly for god sake!! This current obsession with Where Do Hearts Go not being good enough...it's just a gift to us. In my opinion, it's actually just a gift to shut us all up and I don't blame her for doing this. The hate some of you give her is appalling, and this excuse of "oh we're just being cruel to be kind"...who are you kidding? It's just nasty. I'm not surprised she's unfollowed some of you. Fair enough give your opinion, but pestering and pestering her and bombarding her with your views...she's probably relieved to no longer be bogged down with your annoying tweets. Then this whole "OMG she unfollowed me, how dare she"...how old are you, jesus?!! I hated HOH and I've disliked other things within her career, and I've ranted about it, but some of you are seriously rude and immature. I actually like Alexandra and I'm happy that she's doing The Bodyguard. I have faith that she will release the album in the U.S, but some of you seriously underestimate how difficult it is and seem to think she can just suddenly become a star overnight. You're always unhappy about something, even on the verge of claiming "you're done" with her because of the way she has her hair! As for her not telling us any information...I don't blame her...if she tells us nothing at all then you go mad and if she tells us anything then you're also not happy. I guarantee that if she announced today her label and the album release date, you still would not be happy. It's ridiculous. If you're done with her, then please spare us your negativity and immature rants. Some of us here actualy like her and last time I checked, it was an appreciation thread, not an "I'm done with her, but I'm still going to continue to post here and repeatedly tell everyone that I'm done with her" thread.

Good post, defo agreed with BIB.

As a Leona stan we were mad about alot of things but we never were as cruel as some AB stans here. We'd never tweet things like that
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    The reaction she got on Twitter for a 5 minute interview on a breakfast tv show just proves that she's wasting her time in the UK. Alex's perception in the UK is never gonna be healed and her music career is over here. I don't get why she cannot just focus on the US

Exactly ... This is what MOST of us said ages ago.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sevyn rita and tamera and keri to Stan for now

Alex is taking her time!

Atleast Keri pictures herself in the studio with Rico etc to let her fans know it's coming! Alex is just very long and deluded announce a label if you have one let us have SOME hope she's a mess. A real mess. I do feel the twitter abuse was a bit much but tbh if this was American fans she'd be bald by now by the dragging. This is so messy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    I have sevyn rita and tamera and keri to Stan for now

Alex is taking her time!

Atleast Keri pictures herself in the studio with Rico etc to let her fans know it's coming! Alex is just very long and deluded announce a label if you have one let us have SOME hope she's a mess. A real mess. I do feel the twitter abuse was a bit much but tbh if this was American fans she'd be bald by now by the dragging. This is so messy

Who ?
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Who ?

Sevyn streeter
    Keri hilson
    Tamera foster
    &
    Rita ora