Looser :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mum rang ten minutes in...... I'm now catching up on Channel 4+1
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lots of family and friends living in Thanet and none of them have ever heard of the "celebrity" hairdresser either, they all had to look him up, even my mates taxi driver husband didn't know where his gaff was.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just watching the Wolverhampton one on More4 at the mo...."interesting" mix of people!!
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Looser :D

Loser. ;):p

Looser is what the jacket Marcello gave to Chris needed to be.
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D watching it now too, creme brulee thrown out the window!
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just watching the Wolverhampton one on More4 at the mo...."interesting" mix of people!!

Heehee – the one with the crème brulée launch. :D:D:D
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleased Marcello came joint last. I'm confused though. From Tuesday onwards, people were taking care with what they cooked for Lydia as she was pregnant. Yet at the end tonihgt she was drinking champagne. Unless it was a non alcoholic one (I presume there is one?); I am surprised no-one else said something.
  • sculptorsculptor Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Heads up

There's a new batch of the daily Come dine with me shows on this afternoon on Channel 4. 3.50pm
    Cardiff (5 back to back episodes) - not the infamous Annette ones!

Seems like a strange time to show brand new episodes - they usually show repeats on Saturday afternoons
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proper new, not never been seen before not neither guv'nor ones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    I was pleased Marcello came joint last. I'm confused though. From Tuesday onwards, people were taking care with what they cooked for Lydia as she was pregnant. Yet at the end tonihgt she was drinking champagne. Unless it was a non alcoholic one (I presume there is one?); I am surprised no-one else said something.

That was to do with raw egg I think. Having a sip of champers isn't the end of the world.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to say something that may get a lot of flak...

Time to axe come dine with me?

I don't know about anyone else but I think it's lost it's spark. :( I don't enjoy the episodes anywhere near as much as I used to. Maybe it's just me?
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcello, what a pompous prick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know about anyone else but I think it's lost it's spark. :( I don't enjoy the episodes anywhere near as much as I used to. Maybe it's just me?

Yes it's just you.......:D
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Look out for Marc Harris in a couple of weeks, he's my cousin. :D
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was starting to think the same...until Marcello! but didn't dislike him quite as much as I disliked the stroppy one who made Vera wait outside in one of the earlier episodes..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this. The show has really lost it's way. Dave Lamb is still funny but the show is now full of attention ****.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on any of this welsh lot....esp
    'i only ate it to be polite' Gina....pain in the bum :D
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy B wrote: »
    Marcello, what a pompous prick.

Apparently appearing on the show has done Marcello no favours whatsoever. Will these nasty people who crave attention on reality shows never learn?
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on any of this welsh lot....esp
    'i only ate it to be polite' Gina....pain in the bum :D

I hadn't seen this group of programmes before, and have to say that whilst none of them were out and out nasties, they were not that nice either. Gina was a bit odd, but the way Sophie kept on and on at her to join in salsa at Emma's place was not good. Emma annoyed me by declaring she had a stategy :yawn:. I did not get why she felt the need to ram 3 lots of "entertainment" down her guests. Sophie was a fan of "entertainment" so put a piece of wood across 2 chairs and expected her guest to dance under it, but sneered at Gina's attempts to "entertain". The last bloke was too pretentious and the headmaster was OK.

Interesting discussion about whether CDWM has reached an end, I am not sure, but do wish they would go back to cooking and stop encouraging "characters" and downright nastiness to appear. Interesting characters come through in the way they choose menus etc. There is IMO a difference between being a bit of a character and being a horrible person who just thinks of themselves.
This discussion has been closed.