Options

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to ballistics the shot were fired from a height ?Are you simplyu ignoring that and believing a man who has shot a girl to death ?

Think that was just Botha's opinion, don't think it has been proved by ballistics yet.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't put his prosthetic legs on before shooting. It was, according to Oscar, only afterwards.

unless he is tall without his protestic legs please explain how the shots were fired downwards??
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    According to ballistics the shot were fired from a height ?Are you simplyu ignoring that and believing a man who has shot a girl to death ?

No, I am going on what we know. As I said, according to Oscar he put his legs on after the shooting. The prosecution have indicated otherwise but until I see the forensic analysis I will retain my judgement.

As I've said, I believe at the moment that he is innocent of murdering her. If evidence presented in court is compelling then I am open to being wrong in my belief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unless he is tall without his protestic legs please explain how the shots were fired downwards??

As I said, we must wait for the forensics report to confirm that and for the report to be scrutinised by the defence. No 'evidence' has been given so far to confirm the assertion that the bullets were fired from a given height.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrissy101 wrote: »
    According to some in here, she was half asleep so probably didn't feel the need to respond to his screams of terror. Baffling logic, but than again so is his whole defense.

It's not really baffling logic

What people are saying is that if Oscar didn't make it clear he was talking to the person in the bathroom/toilet, Reeva may have stayed quiet because she was scared/didn't know what to do say/didn't want to attract attention of the intruder

I was wondering how long (in OP's version of events) was there between when he first heard the 'intruder' and when he shot through the door?
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he shouts out "Reeva phone the police" and she didnt shout back "What you on about Im having a wee,idiot!" or stronger! She didnt say anything,didnt yell/scream when first shot was fired? Assuming first shot didnt go in her head.
    Surely in his scenario Reeva would have shouted from bedroom"whats going on?"
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Didn't the prosecution say the bullets had entered the toilet door from his prosthetic limb height?

You said that Pistorious's story was that he put on his legs before shooting. Kapell pointed out that that wasn't his story. His story was that he put on his legs after he came back to the bedroom from the bathroom.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    No, I am going on what we know. As I said, according to Oscar he put his legs on after the shooting. The prosecution have indicated otherwise but until I see the forensic analysis I will retain my judgement.

As I've said, I believe at the moment that he is innocent of murdering her. If evidence presented in court is compelling then I am open to being wrong in my belief.

Are you willing to also believe it was at very least an act of sheer reckless dangerous behaviour .That cost a girl her life because he couldnt be arsed checking if she ,who shared that bathroom , was in fact using it .
    Thats his story anyway , persoanlly I think it a load of bullshite .
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said, we must wait for the forensics report to confirm that and for the report to be scrutinised by the defence. No 'evidence' has been given so far to confirm the assertion that the bullets were fired from a given height.

Even so, giving that the gun was in the bedroom, he would have consulted the person he believed was sleeping next to him, whether they had heard a noise. Of course you're going to alert your bed partner that you think there's an intruder and you're taking your gun.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or she may well have weed before the shooting . She could have been in the bathroom 10 minutes prior for all we know .Its only he who says she went to the bathroom while he was "elsewhere " We dont know if she ran back in in terror maybe

Doesn't the bladder empty at death anyway?
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    You said that Pistorious's story was that he put on his legs before shooting. Kapell pointed out that that wasn't his story. His story was that he put on his legs after he came back to the bedroom from the bathroom.

I didn't mention pistoriouss story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LH1 wrote: »
    Doesn't the bladder empty at death anyway?

I presume they would then find stains ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Still, why did he not make a proper attempt to awaken the girlfriend when getting the gun from under the bed? That was the very point he should have done so, told her what he thought was happening and for her to quickly call the police. He claims to have shouted back towards the bed, but got no response and didn't think anything of it apparently.

Legs or no legs, the question here remains the same.

Didn't the prosecution say that the holster for the gun was found on her side of the bed which isn't good for the defence if it can be proved that they were arguing? I suppose the defence could say he put it there after he realised she wasn't an intruder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume they would then find stains ?

True. We probably need more info from the autopsy.
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the story first broke my instant thought was guilty but as we've heard more from him, I have changed my mind and thought maybe what the guy is saying is the truth?

It by no means alters the tragic outcome but I guess it is better to think it was just accidental and he didn't just murder an innocent woman in a fit of jealous rage.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    It by no means alters the tragic outcome but I guess it is better to think it was just accidental and he didn't just murder an innocent woman in a fit of jealous rage.

I'm sure she'll feel better if that's the case.

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you willing to also believe it was at very least an act of sheer reckless dangerous behaviour .That cost a girl her life because he couldnt be arsed checking if she ,who shared that bathroom , was in fact using it .
    Thats his story anyway , persoanlly I think it a load of bullshite .

Yes, I admit he was reckless and dangerous, but South Africa is a dangerous country. I don't agree that he should go to prison though if it is decided that it was an accident. Remorse is perhaps the most painful and lasting emotion that the human brain can conjure up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the story first broke my instant thought was guilty but as we've heard more from him, I have changed my mind and thought maybe what the guy is saying is the truth?

I think what is 'better' is to discover the truth about what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought he was guilty too, when the story broke, but now I've changed my mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I admit he was reckless and dangerous, but South Africa is a dangerous country. I don't agree that he should go to prison though if it is decided that it was an accident. Remorse is perhaps the most painful and lasting emotion that the human brain can conjure up.

How could it possibly be decided that it was an accident?

Even if his version of events is true, he still deliberately fired a gun several times into a small room where he knew the was another human being hiding. That isnoaccident, even if it had turned out to be a burglar.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It wasnt accidental by a long stretch .He fired a loaded gun into room where a human being was confined .Regardless of who he thought it was he killed them with intent .
  • Options
    katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I'm sure she'll feel better if that's the case.

Oh, wait...

Well I guess she aint ever going to feel better is she?

My use of better was to describe the hell her family will be going through just now.

If she were my family I would like to believe Oscar's story than think she was slaughtered by the man she loved in a fit of jealousy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasnt accidental by a long stretch .He fired a loaded gun into room where a human being was confined .Regardless of who he thought it was he liked them with intent .

Yes, agreed completely, there is no way that this was an accident, see my post above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess she aint ever going to feel better is she?

My use of better was to describe the hell her family will be going through just now.

If she were my family I would like to believe Oscar's story than think she was slaughtered by the man she loved in a fit of jealousy.

Even worse for me if I was a member of her family would be the fact that she was slaughtered by a complete and utter moron who didn't have the decency or brain power to check where she was.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    So rather than keeping this maniac covered from the other side of a locked door, he goes elsewhere, allowing the burglar to get out of the bathroom.

He must have tried the door to know it was locked in the first place, so how would she get in if it was locked by a burglar?

His story is ridiculous.

If he's shouted to her, he would expect to get an answer, and ensure her safety. Afterall, the crook is locked in the bathroom.

He's then gone blasting away through a door, with no idea of whether he has hit anyone, or concern that this burglar might start firing back.

Suggests he knew who was in there, and his actions were in rage.
    Why were you earlier arguing to people this should all be left to the trial proper when you've clearly made up your mind already?
This discussion has been closed.