• Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to add doormat as well.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I think everyone deserves a second chance, however if they blow that, then there would be no going back.
  • Options
    tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she is a mug, but it is her choice and her life to do with as she wishes.

The amount of vitriol spewed on this forum and DM about Paul Hollywood when they split was astounding. People weren't going to watch GBBO because of him, Mary was aiding and abetting him etc etc.

I believe GBBO got it's best viewing figures ever?

Anyway good luck to them, I hope they work it out.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary would approve
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone deserves a second chance, however if they blow that, then there would be no going back.

For every man who gets a second chance there is a woman who stands to be dumped a second time. Women need to get some self respect - once a cheater always a cheater in my books. No second chances.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her.He didn't beat her up or slow roast a puppy on live TV fgs.
    He thought with the wrong head and went astray and I can imagine he is now regretting it .He damaged the marriage but clearly hasn't killed it so why shouldn't she give him a second chance ? It's her life and it's not like he was a serial player.He might turn out to be one but it is up to her to decide if the chance is worth taking.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wont last is all I will say :)
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read an article in the Daily Wail where he admits cheating on his wife was the biggest mistake of his life and that one said they're working towards getting back together. I'd post a link but I don't like to encourage clicks on that 'newspaper' even though I sometimes go there myself :o:D

I suppose it is refreshing that he's admitted publicly he was wrong so soon afterwards, don't hear that very much, but I hope his wife makes him crawl on his bended knees before she takes him back! Ultimately though it's her decision, she knows her marriage. It seemed to upset their son greatly too so perhaps that's behind her taking him back? Or perhaps they had a brilliant marriage before he had his head turned by the mexican so she thinks they deserve another chance? Who knows? Either way, I won't be throwing stones at her but if he strays again and she takes him back she wants her head looking at.

Oh, and she should keep him on a VERY tight leash!!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the grass wasn't greener after all. Same old story. :yawn:

It's her life, her marriage, her decision - but if he's done it once, he can do it again.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The grass is never greener on the other side - it's full of dog ****
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I've just read an article in the Daily Wail where he admits cheating on his wife was the biggest mistake of his life and that one said they're working towards getting back together. I'd post a link but I don't like to encourage clicks on that 'newspaper' even though I sometimes go there myself :o:D

I suppose it is refreshing that he's admitted publicly he was wrong so soon afterwards, don't hear that very much, but I hope his wife makes him crawl on his bended knees before she takes him back! Ultimately though it's her decision, she knows her marriage. It seemed to upset their son greatly too so perhaps that's behind her taking him back? Or perhaps they had a brilliant marriage before he had his head turned by the mexican so she thinks they deserve another chance? Who knows? Either way, I won't be throwing stones at her but if he strays again and she takes him back she wants her head looking at.

I agree. He took all the sh1t thrown at him and held his hands up.Even looked devastated when papped near his family home. Hopefully all will go well for them but there is no doubt that something like this colours your feelings.Ronan Keating and wife tried to make it work but in the end she couldn't get past the betrayal and ended the marriage.Maybe that will happen here too but their choice.
    Oh the leash will be tight ok.Between wifey and the press and public he will be under close scrutiny.The press DO love catching cheats out.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with this. I know nothing about this man but I've read the article and he has admitted his mistakes and held his hands up.

I think 'once a cheater,always a cheater' is absolute nonsense as some people can and do cheat once and never again. As long as a couple can put it behind them and move on. The one thing that is important imo is that, if you decide to take a cheating partner back, you have to put it behind you and move on past it. You can't bring it up every time you have a row or through it back in their face.

If she can forgive him and move on, who are any of us to judge? However, if he does it again she needs to kick his arse to the kerb
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RyJa wrote: »
    The grass is never greener on the other side - it's full of dog ****

Genuinely burst out laughing at that. Thanks :D:D
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it's her choice to take him back if that's what she wants to do...
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think his wife is weak to have taken him back but I have never been in that position so who am I to judge
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she doesn`t expect any sympathy when it all falls apart again.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I myself couldn't take a man back who had cheated...trust lost and never to return and if you haven't got trust...you've got one life of hell!

However, as with other womanly debates, each must decide for themselves as it is their live and their path.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    I myself couldn't take a man back who had cheated...trust lost and never to return and if you haven't got trust...you've got one life of hell!

However, as with other womanly debates, each must decide for themselves as it is their live and their path.

I agree...who are we to decide she should walk away from her marriage without trying..
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like him (the smug I-am-the-Baking-George-Clooney factor) but relationships are complex things and if he's sorry, and regrets it, and she's willing to put it behind them and give it another go, then good for them and I hope it works out...

...in as much as I care about a couple who mean nothing to me.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Genuinely burst out laughing at that. Thanks :D:D

Pleasure :)
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    For every man who gets a second chance there is a woman who stands to be dumped a second time. Women need to get some self respect - once a cheater always a cheater in my books. No second chances.

Totally disagree.

Everyone in life makes mistakes, big & small. Admittedly Paul Hollywood's was a massive one but one that he is taking responsibility for & he has clearly seen the error of his ways.

His wife knows him better than anyone & I'm sure they've discussed the reasons for his affair at great length & decided their marriage is worth fighting for.

I don't see a woman with no self respect, what I see is someone who is willing to forgive, put the past behind her & move on.
    However as I said if he did it a second time & she accepted it then I would agree, she has no self respect.
    Marriage can be hard work & it would be easy to chuck the towel in at the first sign of trouble, therefore I respect her more for not just walking away & cleaning him out in the process.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Steak wrote: »
    I hope she doesn`t expect any sympathy when it all falls apart again.
    I doubt she will.She didn't this time. She just got on with things without weeping and selling her story to the highest bidder and I'm sure she had offers.She played a blinder taking her kid on holiday to the place where she met Paul and tweeting a picture of her meal which just happened to be something Paul was famous for preparing at that hotel, lol.I like her style.She'll be fine.Some women handle these situations with dignity while others take to the gutter.
  • Options
    CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    If it was only 'bad' people who cheated, it wouldn't happen as often as it does. People make mistakes. If he was serially humiliating his wife, then that would be another matter. And it's between them how they go forward from this - kudos to them for at least trying.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're just reporting exactly what he said to to Richard Bacon earlier, which you can hear here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/dailybacon/all or on the iplayer. I think Richard only asked him about the press intrusion on the off-chance that he might get something out of it, but not expecting him to comment on the whole situation at all. Then he couldn't believe his luck at getting a real 'scoop' when Paul actually talked so openly about his affair and what a mistake it was. I was listening live and was really surprised to hear him say it, but fair play to him. I now have a little more respect for Paul, and I would hazard a guess that many more people do too.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    She sounds like a brainless (or gullible) moo.