Options

Will this Teacher get 5 years?

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
Forum Member
✭✭
A teacher who started a relationship with a pupil aged 14 was found guilty of Indecent assault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480903/Rachel-Speed-Lesbian-teacher-41-year-sordid-relationship-schoolgirl-kissing-stationery-cupboard-14.html

She has been told she is to be jailed but I bet that she does not get 5 years. As she has been convicted of indecent assault not sex with a minor and abduction.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kissing her in the stationery cupboard

euphemism?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Good lord. How desperate was the kid?!
  • Options
    grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    A teacher who started a relationship with a pupil aged 14 was found guilty of Indecent assault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480903/Rachel-Speed-Lesbian-teacher-41-year-sordid-relationship-schoolgirl-kissing-stationery-cupboard-14.html

She has been told she is to be jailed but I bet that she does not get 5 years. As she has been convicted of indecent assault not sex with a minor and abduction.

Erm... as you've pointed out there was no abduction element, so it's unlikely to attract the same length of sentence. Not entirely sure what you're point is.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how big was the cupboard? I dont remember the one at our school being so spacious
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    god shes ugly....
  • Options
    wantoosoonwantoosoon Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pupil should be prosecuted... for bestiality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange, the Lesbians in my art films always look so sexy. She is more than likely a lesbian as no man would poke it with a shitty stick.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange, the Lesbians in my art films always look so sexy. She is more than likely a lesbian as no man would poke it with a shitty stick.

Just my opinion.

What an exceptionally odd opinion.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that picture put me right off my food
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might have a winning personality.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I assume this teacher worked in a school for the blind and partially sighted.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    As funny as these comments are, the men that do this don't exactly look like Brad Pitt. It's all about power.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    As funny as these comments are, the men that do this don't exactly look like Brad Pitt. It's all about power.
    They don't usually look like Jocky Wilson either though!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    More chins than a Chinese phone book.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This carried on for FIVE years so until she was 19...

Given that, I'm not sure how much of a "victim" she is sounding here unless I have missed something.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    This carried on for FIVE years so until she was 19...

Given that, I'm not sure how much of a "victim" she is sounding here unless I have missed something.

I have a horrible feeling that the girl is probably of larger build and was having bullying problems. I suspect this "teacher" showed her compassion and it went on from there

"shudder"
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling that the girl is probably of larger build and was having bullying problems. I suspect this "teacher" showed her compassion and it went on from there

"shudder"
    I could understand the "victim" stance more if she had gone running to the police at say 16,17.... but surely any more than that implies this continued consensually... even the fact that the parents became aware and yet didn't take matters further.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just my opinion.
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    They don't usually look like Jocky Wilson either though!

:D:D:D

Comedy gold, both of you. Thanks for the laugh!
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    The teacher clearly (from the information provided) abused her position of trust, just the same as Jeremy Forrest. So I would expect a similar sentence in this case, less any time Forrest was given for the abduction element.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm... as you've pointed out there was no abduction element, so it's unlikely to attract the same length of sentence. Not entirely sure what you're point is.

Should abduction, where the victim went willingly, really be such a major factor in sentencing, compared to the actual sexual relationship?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should abduction, where the victim went willingly, really be such a major factor in sentencing, compared to the actual sexual relationship?

Yes. It takes matters to a very different level.

Hopefully this teacher will get a decent sentence, but it wont be as much as Forrest.
  • Options
    cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I assume this teacher worked in a school for the blind and partially sighted.

Oi! I went to that school!

The mail got the name wrong in the article.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just my opinion.

Art films? LOL Is that what they are? :D

Anyway, she didn't abduct her pupil so you can't expect the same level of punishment as it isn't like for like. I think his term was lenient though.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course, the relationship started when the girl was 14 so its highly likely that she was groomed.

In taking her away he was removing a very young girl away from those who look out for her, away from structure and out of her environment into a strange one where she is removed and trapped in his world, with him. It would have been difficult for her to escape from it.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    Of course, the relationship started when the girl was 14 so its highly likely that she was groomed.

In taking her away he was removing a very young girl away from those who look out for her, away from structure and out of her environment into a strange one where she is removed and trapped in his world, with him. It would have been difficult for her to escape from it.

I agree I don't think it's a coincidence that she has dumped him now that she has gotten away from his influence.