Options

First series for years with no letters from home!

bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't remember the last series not to feature them. Does anyone know when they orginally started?

Comments

• Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Presumably the clock task was a replacement for the letters.

I do miss the letters... SHRED SHRED SHRED SHRED SHRED.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole letters thing has been seriously overplayed.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome isn't it ? :D I hate them.

Sadly it looks like their replacement is the stupid family and friends coming out of the clock thing >:(
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Presumably the clock task was a replacement for the letters.

I do miss the letters... SHRED SHRED SHRED SHRED SHRED.

Yeah I guess so
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Clock Task was their letters..delivered in person
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't have either tbh. Gives too much info out. Anyone with half a brain makes sure they have a code...just in case.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preferred the clock task than the letters
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clock was much better.

Probably the one main thing which Channel 5 BB has created which feels fresh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had two from the top and any other four today.

And Sam got the conundrum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    I can't remember the last series not to feature them. Does anyone know when they orginally started?

Thank f*ck for that
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always hated the sappy letter bit anyway. It's not like they're on a year long science expedition in Siberia; they're in a house up the road doing nothing. And really, if we don't know or see the people who've written the letters, why would we care? May as well be a letter from Mr. Blobby. The clock thing was WAY better.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shouldn't get letters OR visits!

Ridiculous - none of them should know how they are doing in the outside world!
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »

I did too.

More of a shock element for the housemates.
  • Options
    VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »

I did too, I also quite liked the video messages they had once before for BB10 I think it was. I think it helps to see thier families and/or friends rather than just to hear what they say in a letter about the housemates.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like them having letters, phone calls or visits from family members. Its always the same, everyone blubs :cry:
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I don't like them having letters, phone calls or visits from family members. Its always the same, everyone blubs :cry:

Especially as a lot of it are Crocodile Tears, it's so predictable.
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    Especially as a lot of it are Crocodile Tears, it's so predictable.
    Agree--I mean these Celebs spend most of their LIVES away from 'loved ones' on tour or working elsewhere, so the idea they'd blub like babies after a shorter-than-usual 2-week holiday apart is ridiculous. DID Love Ollie's realisation he'd be featured so he had to unstick/spit out his ciggie quickly to be Camera-Ready for his Close-Up!!
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the letters from home with a passion and fast forward it when possible. They always say the same thing 'you are doing so well, just keep being yourself' bla bla. They are vomit inducing!!

The clock thing was ok but why the hell do they always winge. Its ridiculous they have only been away for 3 weeks!!
  • Options
    DingbattsDingbatts Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always hated the sappy letter bit anyway. It's not like they're on a year long science expedition in Siberia; they're in a house up the road doing nothing. And really, if we don't know or see the people who've written the letters, why would we care? May as well be a letter from Mr. Blobby. The clock thing was WAY better.

I agree with the clock, when they DON'T talk back! And yes, you're right, you would think they had spent their last weeks chained up in Stalag 15 with maggot ridden potato soup, infested beds and water tortured. Give me a break!
    haphash wrote: »

Ollie was bad enough with his dog and family. I nearly wept myself, out of frustration with him. I wanted to shout "Pull yourself together, you blithering idiot!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't have either tbh. Gives too much info out. Anyone with half a brain makes sure they have a code...just in case.

I thought this at the time as well, then reprimanded myself for being too cynical! I did wonder whether Casey's mother and Luisa's mother showed up their code - making references to Jim and Dappy (top 2).

But what I do know, is if I were to be a housemate I would definitely have a code with a parent or close family member - and we'd determine that code before I entered the house - I'd want them to tell me who was the favourite to win!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    They shouldn't get letters OR visits!

Ridiculous - none of them should know how they are doing in the outside world!

I agree that ideally there should be absolutely no contact with the outside world.
    But if they're going to do it with this specific breach then they may as well make it worthwhile.

So if I had to choose between letters and the clock, although I don't like the idea of any outside contact at all, the clock is so much better than the letters as television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that ideally there should be absolutely no contact with the outside world.
    But if they're going to do it with this specific breach then they may as well make it worthwhile.

So if I had to choose between letters and the clock, although I don't like the idea of any outside contact at all, the clock is so much better than the letters as television.

I suppose so but they were told so much this year from family members. They should not be told how they are doing, it was the whole point of the programme, to have absolutely no idea.
  • Options
    EmmabellEmmabell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Surely they have holidays or are away from home for longer, what is the point of letters?
  • Options
    EmmabellEmmabell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I hate the letters from home with a passion and fast forward it when possible. They always say the same thing 'you are doing so well, just keep being yourself' bla bla. They are vomit inducing!!

The clock thing was ok but why the hell do they always winge. Its ridiculous they have only been away for 3 weeks!!

Exactly, I would be worried if my lot sent in pappy letters like that, I would think they had all gone mad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmabell wrote: »
    Surely they have holidays or are away from home for longer, what is the point of letters?

With modern technology, you are in touch with friends and family normally but with BB....supposedly...no contact with anyone.