Options

Wii Advent Calendar

seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
Forum Member
As I have to wait until Xmas Day until I can play with my Wii, I was wondering if some of you might be able to post a little "gift" on this thread every day as a countdown such as what I might most look forward to on the Wii?
13 day to go so far :cool:

Comments

• Options
    lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toejam and Earl on the Virtual Console, available to download from the 22nd December :D
  • Options
    seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Excellent!
    Cheers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Miis, i have been sent Jackie Chan and Cpt. Jack (Pirates of Caribbean)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made ali g and borat last week - just done noel edmonds too
  • Options
    FatwazFatwaz Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have jesus,martin jol,micheal jackson and hitler so far.was great fun beating the crap out of him at boxing:D

the new resident evil game is coming out next year for wii
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I get my Wii, you'll have to send me Jol, Fatwaz!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatwaz send me Martin Jol - I got Edgar Davids
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stattospur wrote:
    Fatwaz send me Martin Jol - I got Edgar Davids
    And I'll want Davids from you. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok statto.i thought once were all registered all our mii's would just go for a wander online but can only send 1 at a time it seems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah send it over - have you registered me yet ?
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I play Wii Sports, one of the random Miis on my team looks exactly like Thierry Henry...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I play Wii Sports, one of the random Miis on my team looks exactly like Thierry Henry...

Ill sell my Wii if that frog gets on my console
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    done.yeah registered all on here got a load now.if only nintendo did an online league table like on DS we could have had a digital spy wii sports league.maybe a firmware update will come along ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope so - id be king of tennis - got 1298 points now !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get the hang of tennis at all. I can't direct shots, merely put lob/spin on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im pro in bowling now.got a diamond ball:)

tennis its all about timing if you hit it early will go to the left,late to the right.thats for forehand,oppposite for backhand.

try the trainning out one of them you have to hit some targets on a wall,for some practice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried it, but I'm not doing well. It'll probably just 'click' at some point and I'll wonder how I had trouble with it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with tennis but last night i realised how to time my shots better. I was getting really angry with the tennis goal training as i was always hitting it to the left. Now i'm doing much better.

In bowling my shots always tend to go slightly to the left so i always adjust my shot beforehand. I'm up to about 900 so nearly a pro, will try and get this tonight as i want the diamond ball now. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change bowling ball color
    As The screen is fading to black for bowling, hold down the control pad until it fades to bowling for these colors:

Code Effect
    Control Pad Up Blue Ball
    Control Pad Right Gold Ball
    Control Pad Down Green Ball
    Control Pad Left Red Ball

Change the tennis court
    To change the tennis court to the blue practice court, press and hold (2) at the warning screen that shows after selecting characters.

91 Pin Strike in Power Bowling Training
    To get an automatic 91 pin strike in the last round of Power Bowling, Throw the ball on the right or left rail (depending on if you are right or left handed) so that it stays on it the whole time. If it reaches the end without falling off, you will hear a "click" and an explosion. Then all the pins will fall down from the shockwave. NOTE: This only works on the last round.

Pitch Underhand
    While pitching, press 2 before throwing. To return to normal pitching press 1

Tennis: Super serve:
    When you are serving, just when the ball is at the highest point quickly flick your wrist. You will see white smoke from the ball and it will be difficult to hit. This may require some practice.

Boxing:

High Guard: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers inward toward your body to cover face.

Mid Guard: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck parallel to ground, then tilt both controllers inward if still not covering center of body.

Left Dodge: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers to your left.

Right Dodge: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers to your right.

Right High Jab: Hold Wiimote vertically, with controls facing yourself, and jerk it forward with the wrist. Helps to keep arm stationary, and just let the Wiimote fall forward.

Right Mid Jab: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, and jerk downward. Again, keep arm stationary and just push Wiimote downward with wrist.

Right High Hook: Hold Wiimote vertically, with controls facing yourself, and rotate it quickly to the left.

Right Uppercut: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, and then jerk upward. It's the exact opposite movement from the Right Mid Jab.

Right Low Hook: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, but turn it 90 degrees COUNTER-CLOCKWISE so that the face of the Wiimote is looking out to your left, then jerk it in the direction of the face of the controller. It's exactly like the right uppercut, except the entire motion is rotated to the left 90 degrees.

Left High Jab: Hold Nunchuck up vertically so that the analog stick is facing you, and then jerk it forward. Just like Right High Jab.

Left Mid Jab: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, and jerk it downward. Just like the Right Mid Jab.

Left Uppercut: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, and jerk it upward. Just like Right Uppercut

Left Hook: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, but turn it 90 degrees CLOCKWISE so that the face of the controller is looking out to your right, then jerk it in direction of the face of controller. Basically just like the Right Mid Hook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem with tennis but last night i realised how to time my shots better. I was getting really angry with the tennis goal training as i was always hitting it to the left. Now i'm doing much better.

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, yeah.

I have managed that super serve a few times though, mainly by accident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, yeah.

I have managed that super serve a few times though, mainly by accident.

You must be right handed like me, wait till the last possible moment and then hit the ball, i was hitting it too early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give it a try. It'll probably become incredibly easy before long.