Xbox One Will Only Work In Certain Countries At Launch

2»

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    How about normally most of Europe including the UK doesn't get consoles on day one? This is no different.

It's normally Japan, then the US then Europe for the likes of Sony. Just seems this time round they're trying to cover more countries from day one but it means some will be left out. No doubt a few months later the likes of Poland will get it.

Just seems to me people are trying to pick faults that aren't there with the Xbox for the sake of slagging it off.

But the fault is there. They are making it available to a number of countries who have no hardware or software development console-wise, yet the one European country that is very active in consoles is the one that gets cut off.
    The Witcher is a Polish creation, the books are by a Polish author (not all of them have been translated either), the tv series was Polish and the games are being made by a Polish company. Yet the people who were fans of it before anyone even knew about it, are the ones who are denied access to it when it comes out. Seriously, look at the list of countries and tell me why some of them deserve a day one release above Poland.
    It's not even about location because Russia is further East and they are still getting it.

It's not about people picking up any fault just to bash it, they pick on it because it's suck a clusterf*ck of a console so far that there is literally nothing positive to say about it. What I will say as well, is that there are people defending it to the hilt without genuine good reason except to defend it. And those people are the same as apple fanboys, they would buy a pile of turd if it came with the Microsoft logo.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    DRM_Buster wrote: »
    It is different as the XBone won't work in countries not listed. You'd be buying a dud. So yeah, it's totally different.

Please don't use the term "XBone" if you want anyone to take your posts serious, it might as well be code for "I'm a troll".

edit: *looks at username...oh nvm
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    But the fault is there. They are making it available to a number of countries who have no hardware or software development console-wise, yet the one European country that is very active in consoles is the one that gets cut off.
    The Witcher is a Polish creation, the books are by a Polish author (not all of them have been translated either), the tv series was Polish and the games are being made by a Polish company. Yet the people who were fans of it before anyone even knew about it, are the ones who are denied access to it when it comes out. Seriously, look at the list of countries and tell me why some of them deserve a day one release above Poland.
    It's not even about location because Russia is further East and they are still getting it.

It's not about people picking up any fault just to bash it, they pick on it because it's suck a clusterf*ck of a console so far that there is literally nothing positive to say about it. What I will say as well, is that there are people defending it to the hilt without genuine good reason except to defend it. And those people are the same as apple fanboys, they would buy a pile of turd if it came with the Microsoft logo.

Just because a country develops games isn't a reason for MS to pick them as a launch country. No doubt its based on past sales, expectations and various other factors.

If you really think large companies like MS and Sony base their decision on where to launch first on how many games a country develops then your mistaken.

PS2 released in Japan in March 2000, UK a massive developer of PS games at the time and we didn't get the console till Nov 2000.
    Seriously, look at the list of countries and tell me why some of them deserve a day one release above Poland.

What countries on that list do you think shouldn't get it on day one? I'm sure the people living in them would have a thing or two to say to you.

People really seem blind to past console launches here. This is the norm!