Eurosport Player now HTML5

x6461x6461 Posts: 191
Forum Member
Europsport Player is now available via HTML5 and should be usable on Microsoft Edge,IE11,Chrome etc.

Using Windows 8.1 on my Intel NUC DN2820 this is a big improvement for me, I use the light version and now have stutter free playback.

Comments

• ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is great news.

And for those wanting chromecast support as well... ta.da...
  • jgrgilbertjgrgilbert Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    x6461 wrote: »
    Europsport Player is now available via HTML5 and should be usable on Microsoft Edge,IE11,Chrome etc.

Using Windows 8.1 on my Intel NUC DN2820 this is a big improvement for me, I use the light version and now have stutter free playback.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll give it a try for a month on my Mac mini.

What's the light version? It's not the low res video in a thick black frame, is it?
  • x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    jgrgilbert wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll give it a try for a month on my Mac mini.

What's the light version? It's not the low res video in a thick black frame, is it?

The light version is HD if your connection speed allows and can be run full screen it is just the full version without all the extra detail segments relating to the sporting event that is on that I never use.
  • jgrgilbertjgrgilbert Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Yes, I re-subscribed for a month, and it looks good. Full version of the player uses about 13% CPU in the Eurosport tab in Safari, plus about 9% for Safari networking. Playback is smooth. This at 720p with my Mac Mini output set to 720p to match.

The light version is still weird. It doesn't go full screen, leaving a think black frame around the picture, but I don't need it because the full version works perfectly.