Do the rules allow a candidate to be PM twice in a row?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
Forum Member
At first I took it to be Mel's usual self, but then I realised that if being PM two weeks in a row was against the rules, the producers would probably not have shown her saying that she wanted to be PM last night.

I wonder if candidates can do that? (Future apprentice applicants take note!)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I think they can but it's unfair on candidates who haven't been PM. Everyone should get a fair crack in show and Mellisa was just being greedy and arrogant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    samknows wrote: »
    I think they can but it's unfair on candidates who haven't been PM. Everyone should get a fair crack in show and Mellisa was just being greedy and arrogant.

Here here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there aren't any actual rules about this - except on the odd occasion when suralan dictates someone is to be PM, it's up to the teams to decide. But, as a matter of practice its always been the "done thing" to let everyone have a go before anyone gets a second crack at it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Well its the silliest thing to do. Being a PM gets you into the board room if you lose.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim who won series 1 was PM on task 1 and task 4. In task 4, only one other person on his team had been PM before. So it's not unprecedented that somebody be PM before everyone's "had their turn" but it does seem stupid for someone to expect to be PM twice on the trot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    In series 1 Ben was PM in weeks 7 and 8. His team won by a landslide in week 7 for the auction task but then lost the following week and was fired.
  • 37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't the number of tasks and candidates as such so that everyone does it just the once ?

If someone is PM twice, won't that mean someone does not get to be PM at all ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    37 Years wrote: »
    Aren't the number of tasks and candidates as such so that everyone does it just the once ?

If someone is PM twice, won't that mean someone does not get to be PM at all ?

Not always because someone could be fires before being PM which means some willhave yo have a 2nd go
  • danishdancerdanishdancer Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Yes, you're right there (that not all candidates get to PM) but you have to take into consideration that it's not always the PM that gets fired. That's only happened once this seried out of 4 episodes. Last year, Debrabarr PM'd twice, as did James, Howard and Mona. Yasmina did it 3 times and won each time (not including the final). I don't think a candidate would be permitted by the production team to do it 2 weeks in a row though. The teams themselves probably wouldn't either. Who are you lot looking forward to? For me it's got to be Stubaggs and Paloma - am I awful for hoping they both fail epicly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Yes, you're right there (that not all candidates get to PM) but you have to take into consideration that it's not always the PM that gets fired. That's only happened once this seried out of 4 episodes. Last year, Debrabarr PM'd twice, as did James, Howard and Mona. Yasmina did it 3 times and won each time (not including the final). I don't think a candidate would be permitted by the production team to do it 2 weeks in a row though. The teams themselves probably wouldn't either. Who are you lot looking forward to? For me it's got to be Stubaggs and Paloma - am I awful for hoping they both fail epicly?

I'm looking forward to seeing Liz be PM - I'd like to see her do well. And yeah, it would be hilarious to see how good or very likely bad Stuart Baggs (TM) does as PM - let's say it'll probably be a humbling experience for him. I suspect though, he would be able to survive in the boardroom if either Laura or Sandeesh are on his team and he brings them back. Remember PM Ben with Noorul last year? I hope Stuart survives - but not for the right reasons. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say something along the lines of 'of course they're allowed' because Melissa wouldn't have put herself forward otherwise, but this is the same Melissa that suggested 'Winning Women' as a team name so that proves nothing.
  • 37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwscott wrote: »
    Not always because someone could be fires before being PM which means some willhave yo have a 2nd go

Yes that makes sense, I should have thought of that myself.

If you're awful for hoping that, I'm awful too :o

I can't wait for Stewart Baggs, The Brand to fall flat on his chubby little backside, closely followed by Paloma.

Stewart's age accounts for a lot of his bad points and he may one day grow up into a half decent person. Paloma on the other hand just comes across and a typical ball-breaker.