Irresponsible Dog Owner

*starburst**starburst* Posts: 315
Forum Member
Hi - I have a neighbour 4 doors down who lets her pedigree Shi-Tszu wander the streets all day when she's out at work.

Not only does it do it's business in everyone's gardens and on the public grass outside where all the neighbourhood kids play, she doesn't seem to give a toss about it's welfare!

This morning I was coming back from walking my own dog, and there it was crapping all over the street/grass area! Her front door was wide open so I made a point of shouting about not picking it's mess up and then her teenage son hung out on an upstairs window shouting the dog back in (which it didn't do, it just went wandering around other people's gardens crapping some more!)

Not only does it grate on my last nerve and is sooooooooo rude and irresponsible, but god forbid if it wandered into my back garden when my dog was out, it would no longer be living to crap anywhere else!!! And obviously the blame would land on my doorstep :mad::mad:

I have just been on the Council website and can report her for allowing it to foul but she'll obviously know it was me and because I live alone I don't want to become a target for her son and his mates, but I can't let this go on and no one else on our road seems to care enough to do anytihng about it !

What would you do? Personally I feel if I approached her I'd probably end up shouting because I have anger issues when it comes to dog crap being left :D or say nowt and hope she gets her comeuppance?? I'm secretly hoping someone decides to pinch the dog and give it a better life, it's all manky and it's fur is knotted... or rat poison in a steak?? Clearly I'm only joking about that part! :D:p

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Confiscate the dog and take it to the dog warden if your town has one or the Police. Say you found it wandering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Hi - I have a neighbour 4 doors down who lets her pedigree Shi-Tszu wander the streets all day when she's out at work.

Not only does it do it's business in everyone's gardens and on the public grass outside where all the neighbourhood kids play, she doesn't seem to give a toss about it's welfare!

This morning I was coming back from walking my own dog, and there it was crapping all over the street/grass area! Her front door was wide open so I made a point of shouting about not picking it's mess up and then her teenage son hung out on an upstairs window shouting the dog back in (which it didn't do, it just went wandering around other people's gardens crapping some more!)

Not only does it grate on my last nerve and is sooooooooo rude and irresponsible, but god forbid if it wandered into my back garden when my dog was out, it would no longer be living to crap anywhere else!!! And obviously the blame would land on my doorstep :mad::mad:

I have just been on the Council website and can report her for allowing it to foul but she'll obviously know it was me and because I live alone I don't want to become a target for her son and his mates, but I can't let this go on and no one else on our road seems to care enough to do anytihng about it !

What would you do? Personally I feel if I approached her I'd probably end up shouting because I have anger issues when it comes to dog crap being left :D or say nowt and hope she gets her comeuppance?? I'm secretly hoping someone decides to pinch the dog and give it a better life, it's all manky and it's fur is knotted... or rat poison in a steak?? Clearly I'm only joking about that part! :D:p

You have to report it, either to council or RSPCA, it could cause an accident or as you say make a child really ill, it needs sorting asap.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Report them to the council dog warden it should be anonymous but they may of course put two and two together, myself I would be worried about the welfare of the dog and just do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

how would she know it was you if you did it anonymously ?
  • technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you say nothing, the neighbour wins and you will get angrier.
    Get on to the council for the crapping all over part and the RSPCA for leaving it out all day.
    Not nice but you have to do it. If you are going to speak to her, remember, it's not what you say, its how you say it. Keep it polite but firm. Doesn't sound like they should have animals.

Good luck.