The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love watching interviews with him. He's so funny and serious at the same time :D

The Leno interview was great
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice interview although I think Jay was primed not to ask anything about She Who Must Not Be Mentioned ;) . Nothing very revealing - the problem with so many interviews in a short space of time is the same old stuff gets regurgitated. Piers and Jimmy Kimmell as well this week I believe - Jimmy can be funny, Im expecting more from him than Piers.

So, who is hardcore and watching the live stream tomorrow, and who are the softies waiting for the ITV2 transmission? ;)
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Nice interview although I think Jay was primed not to ask anything about She Who Must Not Be Mentioned ;) . Nothing very revealing - the problem with so many interviews in a short space of time is the same old stuff gets regurgitated. Piers and Jimmy Kimmell as well this week I believe - Jimmy can be funny, Im expecting more from him than Piers.

So, who is hardcore and watching the live stream tomorrow, and who are the softies waiting for the ITV2 transmission? ;)

:D i'm a softie i admit it :o:D
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm hardcore ;)

I don't know Jimmy Kimmell, is he more of a loose cannon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Softie i'm afraid, gotta be up and out very early on Thursday, it's going to be a long wait until 8pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've already prepared the night snack for it. It'll be like watching the Oscars, only hopefully better.

By the looks of it now its more Simon & Nicole with her being the old AI Paula.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    I've already prepared the night snack for it. It'll be like watching the Oscars, only hopefully better.

By the looks of it now its more Simon & Nicole with her being the old AI Paula.

I'm a bit concerned about Nicole. To me, she came across in a completely different way when she did the UK show; much more alert and concise with her opinions. Seems the complete opposite in the US clips i've seen. I don't think it will damage the show as she isn't a big enough name to warrant much attention anyway, but i think her comments are going to grate after a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    I'm hardcore ;)

I don't know Jimmy Kimmell
    , is he more of a loose cannon?

Me neither. Not keen on Piers Morgan. It will be too scriped as it was the one over here. Wasn't it produced by SYCO? Told everyone how smitten he was with Kreching :rolleyes: wonder what will be said this time :rolleyes: :D Is Piers on Fox? if so he will no doubt have been told what to ask :D
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardcore.. need to get snacks in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    I'm a bit concerned about Nicole. To me, she came across in a completely different way when she did the UK show; much more alert and concise with her opinions. Seems the complete opposite in the US clips i've seen. I don't think it will damage the show as she isn't a big enough name to warrant much attention anyway, but i think her comments are going to grate after a while.

I didn't watch that much of her on the UK XF but what I saw was completely different to what she is like now.
    Now she comes across as goofy and...a real nutter :p

I'm not sure thats a good thing, especially not for the show, unless Simon is going strong with the 'embrace the madness' thing he's got going on.

We'll see after tomorrows premiere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    I didn't watch that much of her on the UK XF but what I saw was completely different to what she is like now.
    Now she comes across as goofy and...a real nutter :p

I'm not sure thats a good thing, especially not for the show, unless Simon is going strong with the 'embrace the madness' thing he's got going on.

We'll see after tomorrows premiere.

Yes, cause we're not allowed an opinion until we have seen it, are we? ;):D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    So Simon thinks marriage is an ageing process, he could be right looking at my husband.....
    Shame because I could just imagine Simon sitting by the fire with his dressing gown and slippers, while Mez makes a hot stew
    and runs round after the children.. Oh the joys of marriage. .
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the photos of him on Pier's show in the Mail?

He looks like an undertaker did his make up. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Have you seen the photos of him on Pier's show in the Mail?

He looks like an undertaker did his make up. :D
    Did you see his eyes? what has he done to himself, all that money and he looks plastic and weird and slanty eyed
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see his eyes? what has he done to himself, all that money and he looks plastic and weird and slanty eyed

He looked like there was no blood flow round his face.

Poor old SC.....what he needs is the love of a good woman, or the love of a harem of women. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    He looked like there was no blood flow round his face.

Poor old SC.....what he needs is the love of a good woman, or the love of a harem of women. :D

Now that really would make him go pale. :D I have just seen some pictures of him on Leno and he looked the same. That blo*dy grey eyeshadow has made an appearance again :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he has overdone the Botox, but I don't know what the waxy look is.

Anyone know, he has never looked like that before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he has overdone the Botox, but I don't know what the waxy look is.

Anyone know, he has never looked like that before?

yes, I know.

Botox, especially freshly done gives a "puffy" appearance, on top of that to try cover it up he has a lot of thick TV foundation on and pressed powder on top of that to stop the "shine" that faces get when fresh botox is done (See Kylie Minogue) the combination of the work he's had done, the heavy TV foundation and the anti shine powder has given him the "waxy" look.

And YES he has looked like that before, he looks like it everytime he's had fresh lot of botox injected to his face.

He is looking more and more like a bad drag queen who forgot his wig though. He needs to stop, he's getting less and less attractive as the years roll on. Can't he grow old gracefully, like say.. George Clooney? (Clooney had an op to remove the bags from under his eyes a few years ago but thats it, no botox and he gets better with age, unlike Simon, who's getting so lost in showbiz his face doesn't look like it's the same bloke it was 5 years ago!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    yes, I know.

Botox, especially freshly done gives a "puffy" appearance, on top of that to try cover it up he has a lot of thick TV foundation on and pressed powder on top of that to stop the "shine" that faces get when fresh botox is done (See Kylie Minogue) the combination of the work he's had done, the heavy TV foundation and the anti shine powder has given him the "waxy" look.

And YES he has looked like that before, he looks like it everytime he's had fresh lot of botox injected to his face.

He is looking more and more like a bad drag queen who forgot his wig though. He needs to stop, he's getting less and less attractive as the years roll on. Can't he grow old gracefully, like say.. George Clooney? (Clooney had an op to remove the bags from under his eyes a few years ago but thats it, no botox and he gets better with age, unlike Simon, who's getting so lost in showbiz his face doesn't look like it's the same bloke it was 5 years ago!)

Right, it's the combination of make up and botox, thanks

I wouldn't say he is looking like a drag queen, but there is certainly a waxwork look about him. I think the amount of weight loss hasn't helped either, it makes your skin droop as you get older and it loses its elasticity, so I guess more botox/filler is needed.

I agree, grow old gracefully, letting the make up help for the TV.

I have to say I found the Jay Leno interview rather disturbing. Four very healthy smoothies for breakfast and a weekly IV of vitamins. Surely the smoothies alone would give him all the vitamins he needs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, it's the combination of make up and botox, thanks

I wouldn't say he is looking like a drag queen, but there is certainly a waxwork look about him. I think the amount of weight loss hasn't helped either, it makes your skin droop as you get older and it loses its elasticity, so I guess more botox/filler is needed.

I agree, grow old gracefully, letting the make up help for the TV.

I have to say I found the Jay Leno interview rather disturbing. Four very healthy smoothies for breakfast and a weekly IV of vitamins. Surely the smoothies alone would give him all the vitamins he needs.

Well, I think he looks womanly with all the recent work he's had done (and i don't believe it's JUST botox either) and the fact he wears more make up than I do (And as a Make Up Artist i wear a fair bit but unlike simon/whoever did his make up for Morgan's interview, i know how to put it on properly) so yeah he has the look of an aging, effemfinate drag queen.

And regarding the smoothies and IV drips.. thats backs up my comment of being lost in showbiz, seriously simon, get a grip of reality, you lost that grip a few years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I know.

At the end of last year he was looking very old and tired. It is just part of the natural aging process probably not helped by years of heavy smoking. But, botox is a slippery slope, how bad would he look without it? However, a thick layer of pan stick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher and lipgloss is not really helping to make him look butch is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    At the end of last year he was looking very old and tired. It is just part of the natural aging process probably not helped by years of heavy smoking. But, botox is a slippery slope, how bad would he look without it? However, a thick layer of pan stick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher and lipgloss is not really helping to make him look butch is it?

He would look better without all the botox in my opinion. It gives people a "weird" look and it's not attractive. Agree on the make up. He doesn't need to wear quite so much as he does either, even on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would look better without all the botox in my opinion. It gives people a "weird" look and it's not attractive. Agree on the make up. He doesn't need to wear quite so much as he does either, even on TV.

I think i read somewhere he will only give interviews now with photographs if a makeup girl is provided otherwise no photos. He probably wears more makeup to put his bins out than i wear on a night out :p Oh well, i hope his face " settles in" soon :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    I think i read somewhere he will only give interviews now with photographs if a makeup girl is provided otherwise no photos. He probably wears more makeup to put his bins out than i wear on a night out :p Oh well, i hope his face " settles in" soon :D

you're probably right.:p

And he just doesn't need all that work and make up he was far more attractive without it.

I fear that in a few more years he will have a face thats tighter than Barry Manilows.:(
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon has got suckered into the whole "Hollywood" thing unfortunately. That, and the scary invention that is HD TV - fine if you look like Nicole - scary if you are a 50 odd heavy smoker. The Botox thing seems to be spiralling these days. Its not doing him any favours - coupled with some serious weightloss he is looking very strange. He looks SO much better with a bit of meat on his bones and a more natural look.

When they film the shows, they manage to use extremely flattering lighting on the desk- its when you see him on these chat shows that have harsher spot lighting he looks awful.