Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news indeed.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not looking good.:(

I hope he has the strength for this battle.
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Robin and his family asked for privacy, so how come the press are reporting on his latest setback?
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i found really bizarre was Robin claiming about 6 weeks ago that he'd beaten cancer :confused:

Even if he'd received any sort of good news, it's years before you can claim to have beaten it

And tbh it doesn't look good for him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I thought Robin and his family asked for privacy, so how come the press are reporting on his latest setback?

There's a huge difference between intrusion/selling every twist and turn and reporting his admission to a private clinic without a camera team in tow............but I'm sure you already know that.;)
  • Options
    Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Such disappointing news. I do hope for a recovery but it doesn't seem to be looking good.
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope he pulls through this latest setback
  • Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a huge difference between intrusion/selling every twist and turn and reporting his admission to a private clinic without a camera team in tow............but I'm sure you already know that.;)

Robin asked for privacy. The above story has lots of assumptions, so his family have not issued a statement informing the public he is back in hospital. Therefore, it is an assumed story and the press are supposed to be respecting his privacy which is why I am asking why they have not.

You are hinting at Peter Andre...which I think you should have left out of a thread about another celebrity. You are going off topic.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn. Thought he was doing well.
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Robin, he is talented and a genuinely nice guy. Sorry to hear about this.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been down this road with a friend, and it's a one-way street. I admire Robin's courage and optimism, but he's walking the final mile.
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    Bless him - Barry has been called over to be with him so it's probably just a matter of time. We have been through this recently too....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    I've been down this road with a friend, and it's a one-way street. I admire Robin's courage and optimism, but he's walking the final mile.
    Bless him - Barry has been called over to be with him so it's probably just a matter of time. We have been through this recently too....

Lets not forget that where there is life...there's hope.
    I just do not want him to be suffering atm.:cry:
  • Options
    CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »

Bless him. He has remained so positive, regularly giving interviews saying he was recovering.
    It must be truly awful for Barry, am I right in thinking that Robin is his only surviving brother?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless him. He has remained so positive, regularly giving interviews saying he was recovering.
    It must be truly awful for Barry, am I right in thinking that Robin is his only surviving brother?

Yes.:cry::cry:

Even sadder is that their mum is still alive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    What i found really bizarre was Robin claiming about 6 weeks ago that he'd beaten cancer :confused:

Even if he'd received any sort of good news, it's years before you can claim to have beaten it

And tbh it doesn't look good for him

I dont think its bizarre. I think he didnt want to be hounded by the press so he put out that the cancer had gone. I saw him on the One Show and he had the same haunted look as my brother had. I think he would have wanted to focus on his Requiem and not discuss his illness. His song 'Dont Cry Alone' is just awesome.
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's said he is now in a coma.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sad news:( hope they're keeping him pain free and comfortable, and hope the family can get to be with him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Poor Robin. He is a lovely generous down to earth guy and this is just awful for him.
    On his very interesting episode of "Who Do You Think You Are" I thought he looked so ill and thin.
    Here's hoping that he can get well again. Hugs to him and his family. xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No more pain now.:cry:

It won't be long now.:(
  • Options
    MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So very sad :(:(
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    I think this could be the end for Robin, I hope i'm wrong :(

My mum had lung cancer & Like Robin she had pneumonia, She also went into a coma
    In the end it was the pneumonia that killed her not the cancer :(
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i wonder how his mistress and young child are feeling - i expect they feel very isolated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such sad news. Even with his recent optimistic claims, news outlets like Sky News are making vague references to this being "the end". I hope it isn't, but it's not looking good.:(
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
    Forum Member
    MadonnaMIX wrote: »
    I think this could be the end for Robin, I hope i'm wrong :(

Robin's official website has confirmed that he is now in a coma, I hate to type these words but I feel we've lost him:cry: