Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myleene Klass in her prodding advert, she looks like Kermit the Frog in that last shot where she smiles at the camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philadelphia - 'mums going to be late back tonight so I am cooking' yes because she is clearly cheating on you the way she comes into the kitchen all dolled up you gump!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argos - "Planning ahead for this Christmas?" No because it's only OCTOBER so GO AWAY! :mad:

this *typing through gritted teeth* and even worse the Parks advert that is asking us to get the 2013 catalogue :eek:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    Philadelphia - 'mums going to be late back tonight so I am cooking' yes because she is clearly cheating on you the way she comes into the kitchen all dolled up you gump!

That dad's a cheapskate, he only puts one rasher of bacon around the chicken :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Jackpotjoy advert gets my vote for most annoying advert of the week :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7U5tBcrt3k
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, tops the "They say he is a legend" advert staring Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs, and Patrice Evra, that is constantly shown on MUTV!
    Now that is the defination of bad acting!!
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'He's so supermarket......he didn't even know it'

:mad:Grrrrrr
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    The thick as Sh*t family... I spy with my little eye .. Re Trains and the danger of standing on a track without even looking ?

How the hell did that couple have 2 children if they are that dumb ?? Arghhhhh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen anyone mention it yet - that Victoria Plumb advert. "I shopped around for ins-PIRATION". So annoying!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The Santander one where they're showing people how much they can save.

The last women has an awful accent. I can't stand the way she pronounces pounds.
    I don't know how it would be spelled. Poiiinds (she doesn't sound Irish though).
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the pounds to pocket rip off loan merchants one! I also hate the way the guy says bank account in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FGS how many times do we have to endure the new Persil advert will those bloody kids ruining Queen's, We Will Rock You
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TalkTalk - "Customers can come home to a free Youview box." Small print says "£50 engineer installation fee applies." DON'T SAY FREE YOU COMPLETE LIARS! :mad:
    How has the ASA not banned this?
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk - "Customers can come home to a free Youview box." Small print says "£50 engineer installation fee applies." DON'T SAY FREE YOU COMPLETE LIARS! :mad:
    How has the ASA not banned this?

Clearly the box is free but an installation cost applies therefore it is not misleading.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The saucy fish company advert annoys me. I have never spent 30 minutes deciding which fish to have (it would be the same length of time if I was choosing a "saucy fish"), I've never spent an hour preparing the fish (that's what the fishmonger is for) and I've never spent 30 minutes making the sauce!

I can appreciate it will be quicker, but don't make out that we're all stupid!
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Voderman Bioglan adverts.
    Truvia sugar.
    go compare.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »

Yes i ht that ad.

also why is the dad cooking coz the mum is out then 5 seconds later she walks in... i thought she was meant to be working late?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Lowri wrote: »
    The saucy fish company advert annoys me. I have never spent 30 minutes deciding which fish to have (it would be the same length of time if I was choosing a "saucy fish"), I've never spent an hour preparing the fish (that's what the fishmonger is for) and I've never spent 30 minutes making the sauce!

I can appreciate it will be quicker, but don't make out that we're all stupid!

I hate those ads for stupid, processed foods trying to make life easier. Trying to stop people from cooking properly, having good hearty meals as a family.
    Same goes for microwave rice (remember the ad with the tosspot speaking to the microwave?)

The only people i can imagine buying it are a young couple in their modern apartment, you know, the "ideal" people that advertisers think that the whole of the uk is. They are always on Twitbook and Facer, (or whatever that larks called) and the guy always has some form of facial hair! Both of them would be younger than 30. Why? Why do they always go by that for 60& of adverts on tv?
    If they have kids, they are super annoying, and like to make a mess of cake batter or think that "Dirt is Good" (cringe).

Also HATE adverts with WHISTLING AND/OR GUITAR MUSIC as the background music. It's so common and annoying. Even worse when coupled with Stopmotion animation. Makes my blood boil. Again, many of those ads with such music will star those aforementioned "ideal" people.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Respect your designers - TK Maxx :mad: and the stupid Snickers advert which has been playing for what seems like months now:mad:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    I spy with my little eye.....obviously stupid behaviour leading to death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »

Also HATE adverts with WHISTLING AND/OR GUITAR MUSIC as the background music.

Homebase :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i ht that ad.

also why is the dad cooking coz the mum is out then 5 seconds later she walks in... i thought she was meant to be working late?:confused:

That reminds me, why are children always depicted as snotty obnoxious little t**ts in adverts? Is there some kind of anti-youth agenda amongst advertisers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lectrospin wrote: »
    That reminds me, why are children always depicted as snotty obnoxious little t**ts in adverts? Is there some kind of anti-youth agenda amongst advertisers?

Ad men love to show children as overly confident and in most cases superior to their parents, I assume they think it's cute. This is pushed to ridiculous lengths on adverts like Oreos, with the little girl dominating the conversation with her father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    The Fisher Price adverts with the little babies playing and that twee
    'you are exactly one of a kind' song!
    An advert break was on just now and I saw this advert a grand total of four times.
    The advert came on, ended. I relaxed.. only for it to play again! And then after another thirty seconds of adverts, it plays YET AGAIN.

Grrrr.
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Trypophobia. I have it too. That Sanex advert makes me come over all shivery, and not in a good way.

ETA: If you suffer from trypophobia, DON'T GOOGLE IT (the phobia, not the Sanex ad). The first page of results includes some vomit-inducing images.

Me too - you're definitely not alone. Sanex / Costa type ads used to make me feel rough for hours, also irrationally angry at them for some reason.

And I second the advice about not looking for more information on the internet, pictures of lotus seed pods etc. appear unnannounced.
This discussion has been closed.