Can't believe NOBODY turned for Bronwen!

1235»

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »
    But, you're not the one who was going to have to mentor her. As far as I'm concerned she nailed her colours firmly to the mast when she sang in Welsh. Rightly or wrongly if I was a judge I would naturally assume that she wanted to go into Tom's team and would not have bothered turning. Why risk having someone who has made it clear that you would have been her second choice? I'd much sooner concentrate on someone who really wanted to be in my team.

Really :confused: I would have hoped the coaches are a bit more worldly wise than this. She can clearly sing in English but being able to do so in Welsh also is another string to her bow rather than a handicap.

If the coaches in this case Will and Jessie had any mettle and proper coaching abilities they'd have jumped at this chance but Jessie is far too insecure and Will far too desperately wants to win at all costs. It's a great pity as it could have been a very interesting otherwise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really :confused: I would have hoped the coaches are a bit more worldly wise than this. She can clearly sing in English but being able to do so in Welsh also is another string to her bow rather than a handicap.

If the coaches in this case Will and Jessie had any mettle and proper coaching abilities they'd have jumped at this chance but Jessie is far too insecure and Will far too desperately wants to win at all costs. It's a great pity as it could have been a very interesting otherwise.

Or maybe they just didnt think she was right for their teams. How is Jessie insecure because she didnt pick her? And why doesn't that make Will insecure too? What indication do you have that she didnt pick the girl due to insecurity? Why does Will not picking her mean he just wants to win, but not Jessie? Surely they all would like to be the one to find the winner. Even you seem to not think she would win, so what's the point? At the end of the day, this is a competition. The objective is winning.
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Or maybe they just didnt think she was right for their teams. How is Jessie insecure because she didnt pick her? And why doesn't that make Will insecure too? What indication do you have that she didnt pick the girl due to insecurity? Why does Will not picking her mean he just wants to win, but not Jessie? Surely they all would like to be the one to find the winner. Even you seem to not think she would win, so what's the point? At the end of the day, this is a competition. The objective is winning.

How is Jessie not insecure and how is Will not desperate to win?

This is my opinion that's all.

Of course Bronwen could win but Jessie is too insecure to take on someone different to her usual taste. Will was determinedly waiting for something amazing and in doing so may have missed something amazing.

This is my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is Jessie not insecure and how is Will not desperate to win?

This is my opinion that's all.

Of course Bronwen could win but Jessie is too insecure to take on someone different to her usual taste. Will was determinedly waiting for something amazing and in doing so may have missed something amazing.

This is my opinion.

Is that why Jessie has Danny County on her team then even though the other three told her she was making a mistake because he isn't her style? She also turned for quite a few people who didnt match her style. I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to about her insecurities being displayed in picking contestants. You are also stating your opinion in a factual way, not in any way that would suggest it is an opinion except for the disclaimer towards the end. You don't actually know whether or not Jessie is insecure when picking contestants. She has not made that indication. Will has said he wants to win, so I get that, but they all want to win. There was even a montage at the beginning about how much each of them want to win. Will isn't the only offender and of he didnt think he could win with her, that's his decision. Maybe she could have won, maybe not. We won't know now.
    Forum Member
    Is that why Jessie has Danny County on her team then even though the other three told her she was making a mistake because he isn't her style? She also turned for quite a few people who didnt match her style. I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to about her insecurities being displayed in picking contestants. You are also stating your opinion in a factual way, not in any way that would suggest it is an opinion except for the disclaimer towards the end. You don't actually know whether or not Jessie is insecure when picking contestants. She has not made that indication. Will has said he wants to win, so I get that, but they all want to win. There was even a montage at the beginning about how much each of them want to win. Will isn't the only offender and of he didnt think he could win with her, that's his decision. Maybe she could have won, maybe not. We won't know now.

Firstly there was only Will and Jessie that could chose so they are the only ones I was discussing in this context. Secondly every single thing written on here is an opinion and mine is as stated. You don't agree but I'm not asking you to prove your contrary view as it's just your opinion.

Jessie has displayed insecurity throughout this process and Will has demonstrated his eagerness to win may have cost him that win. This is my opinion :cool:
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit that's making me laugh about this is the fact everyone is demanding Jessie and will.i.am should have turned round. Do you honestly think they would have done her any good as a contestant by coaching her? No. I fully believe it would have done more harm than good for her and her career. She got to sing her own version of a classic song instead of having to sing what Jessie or Will.i.am asked her to sing.

Nobody is saying she isn't talented and obviously she would have been best suited to Tom and then Danny, but this isn't a travesty. Although her first performance was stunning, I don't see where else she could have gone from that. She hardly comes across as an up tempo singer, more of an Enya.

People need to calm the jam with the melodrama. Jeez.
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly there was only Will and Jessie that could chose so they are the only ones I was discussing in this context. Secondly every single thing written on here is an opinion and mine is as stated. You don't agree but I'm not asking you to prove your contrary view as it's just your opinion.

Jessie has displayed insecurity throughout this process and Will has demonstrated his eagerness to win may have cost him that win. This is my opinion :cool:

You've still yet to give any evidence to show that Jessie has displayed any form of insecurity. You can continue to reiterate it but obviously it's your opinion, so you must have some sort of basis for coming to that conclusion. Please don't say "She's insecure" again as a form of backing up your opinion.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've still yet to give any evidence to show that Jessie has displayed any form of insecurity. You can continue to reiterate it but obviously it's your opinion, so you must have some sort of basis for coming to that conclusion. Please don't say "She's insecure" again as a form of backing up your opinion.

TBH I would not say Jessie is insecure at all. She has managed to stay true to herself in a world where the money people will try to dictate everything.
    Forum Member

I can say whatever I like and please do not tell me otherwise. I have posted this many, many times and am bored with it but as you don't seem bothered with checking here it is again: She constantly asks about the acts rather than listening. She asks the other coaches how old do they think they are and is there more than one or is that a man or woman?. She constantly looks to the other coaches to see what they are doing and how they are reacting. She asks if they are going to press the buzzer or what they think, once again instead of listening, and deciding for herself. She seems to doubt herself and doubt her decisions and looks to the other coaches to corroborate her thoughts. Danny too is massively insecure and also does these things.

Tom is the only one that listens and decides on that and Will is playing a game and enjoying playing Jessie and Danny.

This is my opinion. I have no evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was going to say that as well, but I didn't want to continue that roundabout conversation anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can say whatever I like and please do not tell me otherwise. I have posted this many, many times and am bored with it but as you don't seem bothered with checking here it is again: She constantly asks about the acts rather than listening. She asks the other coaches how old do they think they are and is there more than one or is that a man or woman?. She constantly looks to the other coaches to see what they are doing and how they are reacting. She asks if they are going to press the buzzer or what they think, once again instead of listening, and deciding for herself. She seems to doubt herself and doubt her decisions and looks to the other coaches to corroborate her thoughts. Danny too is massively insecure and also does these things.

Tom is the only one that listens and decides on that and Will is playing a game and enjoying playing Jessie and Danny.

We have clearly been watching two different shows. Asking if there are one or two, she does that. Looking at the others, she does that too(she can't really look at the contestants so where else should she look? All four do it). All the rest of that is completely left field, though.
    Forum Member
    I was going to say that as well, but I didn't want to continue that roundabout conversation anymore.

:confused: I've given my opinion dozens of times. Are opinions only ok when they agree with yours :cool:
    We have clearly been watching two different shows. Asking if there are one or two, she does that. Looking at the others, she does that too(she can't really look at the contestants so where else should she look? All four do it). All the rest of that is completely left field, though.

Not true. As I stated in my post Tom listens to the acts and doesn't keep asking questions about them. Will responds to Jessie and Danny and as I said in my post plays them. As this is all I said in my post and you've responded to that would you care to elaborate what is left field.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: I've given my opinion dozens of times. Are opinions only ok when they agree with yours :cool:

Not true. As I stated in my post Tom listens to the acts and doesn't keep asking questions about them. Will responds to Jessie and Danny and as I said in my post plays them. As this is all I said in my post and you've responded to that would you care to elaborate what is left field.

I never said Tom asked questions. I said he looks around sometimes, which he does. I can post you clip after clip, but I'd rather not.

Everything you posted besides what I agreed with is left field. Like I said in my last post.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are spot on Trevor . I'm surprised how childish and immature Jessie and Danny behave . Will spouts a load of rubbish . He says he only wants one of a certain kind of singer in his team, which goes against what The Voice is about . If someone has a good voice he should pick them .

Tom is the only judge that acts with any kind of maturity and dignity.
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    You are spot on Trevor . I'm surprised how childish and immature Jessie and Danny behave . Will spouts a load of rubbish . He says he only wants one of a certain kind of singer in his team, which goes against what The Voice is about . If someone has a good voice he should pick them .

Tom is the only judge that acts with any kind of maturity and dignity.

Thanks for this. I found it hard to believe others weren't seeing this.

I think any sense of what we understood The Voice to be about has been long lost and to be perfectly fair hardly existed in the first place.

Will has said that he is playing Danny and Jessie. Trying to get them to take acts he doesn't actually want once he's seen them :rolleyes: Jessie and Danny seem almost scared to use their own judgement and initiative and it all stems from being worried about what the act may actually look like and how old they might be in fact whether they'll be able to win with them.

Which leads me to what the show has become which is a Reality TV talent show in which the coaches are desperate to win.

Tom really is the only serious and sincere coach and it's a real pity as I loved the idea of this show but unfortunately the coaches have ruined it. Evidence of this is Bronwen not being picked and there have been others with much better voices than those picked, not chosen and I'm convinced it's because of the coaches over thinking about how the act can win it for them.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a story of Harriet Whitehead 2.0.

Such a shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this. I found it hard to believe others weren't seeing this.

I think any sense of what we understood The Voice to be about has been long lost and to be perfectly fair hardly existed in the first place.

Will has said that he is playing Danny and Jessie. Trying to get them to take acts he doesn't actually want once he's seen them :rolleyes: Jessie and Danny seem almost scared to use their own judgement and initiative and it all stems from being worried about what the act may actually look like and how old they might be in fact whether they'll be able to win with them.

Which leads me to what the show has become which is a Reality TV talent show in which the coaches are desperate to win.

Tom really is the only serious and sincere coach and it's a real pity as I loved the idea of this show but unfortunately the coaches have ruined it. Evidence of this is Bronwen not being picked and there have been others with much better voices than those picked, not chosen and I'm convinced it's because of the coaches over thinking about how the act can win it for them.

Would say this applies less to Danny as he has often been the only one to turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Such a shame they didn't turn and what stupid reasons.

I so hope she goes on to bigger and better things in the future.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    She was great and it's a real shame that nobody turned around because she could have been a contender.

However, is the show shooting itself in the foot for a second time? No it ain't. Because this year's standard has been miles ahead of last year's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was great and it's a real shame that nobody turned around because she could have been a contender.

However, is the show shooting itself in the foot for a second time? No it ain't. Because this year's standard has been miles ahead of last year's.
    Thankfully Tom in particular has avoided picking just belters this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any updates on Bronwen? I have had a look online but i can't find anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still hoping that she will be brought in as a wild card .

There's always someone who can't make the live shows for one reason or another .