Bootcamp Audio Recordings: Girls and Overs

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you don't agree with giving someone a second chance then even at such a young age? People do change you know.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://soundcloud.com/fribblet relley's, melanie's, jade's, abi's and amy's recordings are all up now
    Abi is just amazing. :eek:
    The Net wrote: »
    Same. <3
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Abi was fantastic. Amazing arrangement! Melanie too. It's amazing how much of a difference song choice can make because honestly, I don't think she's technically improved that much from last year, but it seems like she's come on leaps and bounds. I prefered both of these girls to Tamara and Hannah.

Relley was good. Jade was good too, but I'd be happy to never hear Emeli Sande again in my life to be honest... And I didn't like Amy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Abi is just amazing. :eek:

Same. <3

She has a long way to go to be considered a contender.. Weakest of the girls who are considered good enough for the lives.. was not impressed at all...
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a long way to go to be considered a contender.. Weakest of the girls who are considered good enough for the lives.. was not impressed at all...
    Anyone who sings their own song is considered a contender. ;)
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Adore Abi, so badly want her on the lives, very unique!
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Abi, but I find that with the live shows, some contestants originality is squashed out of them. I'd hate to see it happen to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi was fantastic. Amazing arrangement! Melanie too. It's amazing how much of a difference song choice can make because honestly, I don't think she's technically improved that much from last year, but it seems like she's come on leaps and bounds. I prefered both of these girls to Tamara and Hannah.

Relley was good. Jade was good too, but I'd be happy to never hear Emeli Sande again in my life to be honest... And I didn't like Amy.

Hannah and Tamera are far better than any of these.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Hannah and Tamera are far better than any of these.

Notice the difference in what I said and you said. You see where I said 'I prefered' and you said 'are far better'?

Yeah. Here's a thing you should look into http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hannah_337 wrote: »
    I loved Abi, but I find that with the live shows, some contestants originality is squashed out of them. I'd hate to see it happen to her.

I totally understand what you mean. She is amazing. But with theme weeks yes your right. I don't see the show keeping her originallity and that would be a total shame. Listening to abi is mezmorising.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi to me is like Janet part 2, If she makes the lives I think she has a limit, After a few weeks people will get bored etc etc. Hope am wrong cause shes a talented girl.
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi Alton must go through and win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi is a pleasant enough singer, but we need to see much more of her before deciding how good she is. Certainly better than any of the returning artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who prefers Abi/Melanie/Jade over Tamera and Hannah?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tj hazuki wrote: »
    Am I the only one who prefers Abi/Melanie/Jade over Tamera and Hannah?

Definitely over Tamera anyway. I quite like Hannah though and would put her on a par with the likes of Abi and Melanie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Definitely over Tamera anyway. I quite like Hannah though and would put her on a par with the likes of Abi and Melanie.

I actually just listened to Hannah's recording and can say I wouldn't mind her being a wildcard spot in my top 3 girls. Her bootcamp audition was quite really good actually. Tamera's rendition of Stay is pretty good as well but her shouting/high notes is questionable. I also hate Stay, have heard enough renditions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tj hazuki wrote: »
    I actually just listened to Hannah's recording and can say I wouldn't mind her being a wildcard spot in my top 3 girls. Her bootcamp audition was quite really good actually. Tamera's rendition of Stay is pretty good as well but her shouting/high notes is questionable. I also hate Stay, have heard enough renditions.

I've a feeling that Tamera is going to be the most hyped contestant of the early phase of this year's XF, but if she's as good as the producers claim, she shouldn't need any hyping whatsoever.

The whole thing of her 'group' being split up last week and then seemingly having a panic attack on stage and forgetting the lyrics in the arena looked suspiciously like a set up by the producers.
  • fribbletfribblet Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep sorry for delay in posting them, for those who've not heard them the new audios are up :D

Melanie
    Jade
    Abi (playing piano)
    Relley
    Amy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like abi a lot. But she seems to be doing slow ballads. Is she prepared for uptempo songs. How will she adapt to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I've a feeling that Tamera is going to be the most hyped contestant of the early phase of this year's XF, but if she's as good as the producers claim, she shouldn't need any hyping whatsoever.

The whole thing of her 'group' being split up last week and then seemingly having a panic attack on stage and forgetting the lyrics in the arena looked suspiciously like a set up by the producers.

Could not agree with you more. It'l was totally obvious that was a complete set up! Before xfactor she had experience anyway. She came on like she didn't know what she was doing. And I think the producers are making out she is new to it and they will give her big things in the run up to the lives to make the public believe "wow look how far she has come" but Ey. Utterly ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a great in depth knowledge about what goes on in this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have a great in depth knowledge about what goes on in this show.

I don't! It's all speculation on my part, and even if it is true, I wouldn't blame Tamera on it : most auditionees would probably do what they were told to do by the producers.
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listened to the bootcamp recordings.

Hannah and Relley are both good singers, a bit old fashioned. And kinda alike, so only one of them is making it to the live shows. Probably Hannah, but what do I know.

Abi's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" cover didn't impress me much. Old trick. The weakest voice of the 6 girls that made it out of the bootcamp, IMO.

Melanie isn't a vocal powerhouse either, but her voice is clearer. Between her and Jade, I think one of the come back girls will likely make it to the live shows. Two would be too much, it would look bad if two previous rejects made it to the lives in the same year. Based on the audition edit, Melanie. I never got the hype around Jade's audition two years ago and Kelly was absolutely right to ditch her at the judges' houses that year. We could make a case that Sophie Habibis' spot could go to Melanie that year.

Tamera is the commercial package. Unless TPTB decide she is too controversial, she is probably a lock for the lives. I mean, if Cher Lloyd and Katie Waissel both made it in the same year after botched judges' houses performances, how could Tamera miss out?
  • RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance of Shelley's BootCamp Performance Please Fribblet?
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of Shelley's BootCamp Performance Please Fribblet?

Was just about to ask for that too.