GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Weird glitch tonight. When I first went online I could run around and jump in the apartment and rather than the one door exit with a choice between garage and exit I could get to another corridor with the lift down to the garage and the door to the outside. Only problem being I couldn't exit and was stuck in the apartment. Rebooted and all back to normal b

Yeah, had that happen to me once - sadly there is no button in the lift that you can press so you can't go anywhere.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    they need to fix team lives thing you get on missions

my teammates (when playing with dreaded randoms) generally go running in all guns a blazing...get killed , respawn ...repeat
    while i tke my time...picking off enemies...being tactful and strategic , then cos my teammates are being idiots , some guy spawns where i am taking cover...i die .outta lives ,

i then get to spectate the idiots who already died once, die again ,while thinking they are invincible to bullets

either scrap the extra life , or give it to the person who dies last...not first

I think team lives should be 1 spare life per person once you die twice that's it you spectate.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd played this a lot to be level 45... Was in a lobby last night with a guy who was level 200. :eek:
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    they need to fix team lives thing you get on missions

my teammates (when playing with dreaded randoms) generally go running in all guns a blazing...get killed , respawn ...repeat
    while i tke my time...picking off enemies...being tactful and strategic , then cos my teammates are being idiots , some guy spawns where i am taking cover...i die .outta lives ,

i then get to spectate the idiots who already died once, die again ,while thinking they are invincible to bullets

either scrap the extra life , or give it to the person who dies last...not first

I was in a mission the other day with one guy. He got to the spot first and I'll admit he did a lot of the kills. I ended up dying when some git spawned right near me so had to spectate whilst he delivered a van to Lester, went back to the spot, and got the another van and delivered that one too. Bear in mind, I'd gone for a cig and made a cuppa while he completed the mission.

He got 20 kills, I got 3. :o I got paid £14k, he got £7k. :D

I did feel guilty enough to try split some of the cash but don't think you can now.

Also, I hate it when you clear an area, you're moving on, and someone respawns in that very spot you just cleared. Pain in the ass.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I thought I'd played this a lot to be level 45... Was in a lobby last night with a guy who was level 200. :eek:

I'm level 105 :o just cant stop playing the bloody game.

But that does include some Criminal Record boosting and all races we do are to the last checkpoint then we share the win which does help boost the RP and cash.

Still put in way too much time though TBH :o
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a great mission today on gtav online , we had to go steal a tanker there were 4 of us on the mission all from different clans. I expected people to be idiots and go in all guns blazing but no all 4 of us grabbed a car and went to the tanker , we worked together to take out security and police. One guy jumped in the tanker and me and other 2 jumped in our cars and followed the tanker. One guy stayed infront of the tanker and me and another guy stayed behind it to obstruct the police. After we got away from police our cars were write offs lol but one stayed infront of the tanker one went alongside the tanker and i stayed behind the tanker each of us working together to protect the tanker. We did the mission.

Now that's what i call team work
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really need to get back into this, haven't played it online for weeks now... just seems to be too annoying and full of idiots unless you manage to get on there with a group of friends or a group with similar intentions to successfully complete missions and not kill you non stop
    Forum Member
    Damn game froze on me again last night - thats twice since the update to make it more stable. :rolleyes:

Was just minding my own business taking a car to the docks for Simeon when the screen just stopped - the sound kept going but other than that the game was dead. Had to shut down the Xbox, to clear it.
  • BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Damn game froze on me again last night - thats twice since the update to make it more stable. :rolleyes:

Was just minding my own business taking a car to the docks for Simeon when the screen just stopped - the sound kept going but other than that the game was dead. Had to shut down the Xbox, to clear it.

My sound keeps going to, but seems to only happen in free roam. I need help getting some Awards. The one I want to do and get out the way is the Tennis one. Anyone else doing them? PSN:- BlackSkyuk
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Any word on when we'll be able to do heists yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I haven't actually played this for a few weeks and can't believe they still haven't got heists out. It's like call of duty promising dedicated servers which probably won't turn up for months.

It annoys me the way games can't get released like this.
  • cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    The games froze on me twice in free roam. Once last night and just now :(
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded the 1.06 Patch, this must be the "Beach Bum Update"
    Forum Member
    Just been online and it seems the new stuff is free to buy, just ordered the new speed boat and a beach buggy. Also ordered the new weapons Broken class and a pistol. Pegasus now only cost £200 and not £1000 to get your stuff.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beach Bum is a separate download to the 1.06 update, but you'll be prompted to download it when you go online. Or it won't let you online at all ;)
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Beach Bum is a separate download to the 1.06 update, but you'll be prompted to download it when you go online. Or it won't let you online at all ;)

Only a seperate DL on the 360 - apparently the PS3 update includes the Beach Bum pack.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    No new missions!? :sleep:

I see they've finally lowered the RP boost that you got from Criminal Records.
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    No new missions!? :sleep:

I see they've finally lowered the RP boost that you got from Criminal Records.

Yup, no new missions - races, deathmatchs and a survival - but no missions.

And still no Heists - I though GTA Online was meant to revolutionise online multiplayer with its crew based sturcture?

Team Death Match is not a revolution Rockstar :mad:
    Forum Member
    Sigh - even when Rockstar do things right they do them wrong too.

I know its wrong to complain about free stuff, but if you're a hat or sunglasses wearer Online you're going to discover that your inventory is now filled with the damn things.

Robbed a store for some petty cash last night, but when I removed my mask afterwards i discovered that my previous hat and sunglasses combo was lost in amongst all teh Beach Bum stuff that has been added to the game.

I know its not exactly a game breaker, but its a right pain scrolling through the, now very long, list of choices.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cut to winnings from races is really annoying as is the fact all the clothing is free and already in your inventory. I would rather these required you to buy them TBH. The new weapons are a bit meh and while the new car is nice my garage is my packed with 9 cars I really like and want to keep.

Glad to see the cost of calling up to get out you boat / tank / planes ect from $1000 to $200. But its a shame the death tax is back, albeit only $400.

And yay, finally an update which doesnt seem to do more damage than good :D

Well the patch and loss of the car cloning glitch :o has finally given me an excuse to stop playing this game.
    DanielF wrote: »

What is the point of that, why not just include it in the patch as was done on PS3 :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know that annoying guy who blew you up last night when you were taking your car to be modded/sold?

That guy was me.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    You know that annoying guy who blew you up last night when you were taking your car to be modded/sold?

That guy was me.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfskbtLUR51qbs1cu.gif
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Was just in free roam and this guy who was level 1000 :eek: gave everyone else in the room 2 billion dollars.Talk about glitching the system.

Needless to say weapons and vehicles are top notch now, although I didn't need much doing.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a strange one this afternoon. Some level 27 would kill me, then destroy my car. I let him do it 10 times to where I was just driving in front of him, have they managed to glitch around the bad sport now?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    What is the point of that, why not just include it in the patch as was done on PS3 :confused:

Because MS dont allow data in updates like sony. Exe only for MS.