✭✭✭
Just to let everyone know

Comments

• Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a bore Lionel Blair is.

Apparently a producer told him that Lee lied about Casey saying she wanted a 'showmance' ....'when he went out of the house to the dentists!
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lionel is really putting Jim down and having a go at Jim for not remembering that Lionel was on the panel of New Faces some what 20 - 30 years ago. Christ I can't remember what I did yesterday never mind what I did 20 - 30 years ago....
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lionel is really putting Jim down on This Morning.

It's the green eyed monster rearing it's ugly head!
  • Options
    ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a strange old pickle, isn't he?
  • Options
    GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is his problem with Jim? I don't understand.

It's interesting that he said that he went to the Dentist while he was in the house. It seems that they've spent more time out of the house than in the house!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lionel repeats his "I made Jim Davidson a star" claim.
    Phil tells him Jim disputes this. An indignant Lionel say "Well he's a liar"
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    he real does think he's a national treasure

on another note, its sad to see him so desperate to impress and be the 'big star'
    I remember growing up and seeing him on TV dancing in shows and for that time period being very good
    he never quite seemed to get from under the shadow of Brucie though
    Its good to see him so fit at his age but so sad to see him think that he still has it
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more massive praise about the show from ITV again.
    that's not happened in a very long time.
  • Options
    Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Lionel repeats his "I made Jim Davidson a star" claim.
    Phil tells him Jim disputes this. An indignant Lionel say "Well he's a liar"

Funny that they cannot find the footage though. Phil tried his best to stick the knife in Jim ,he slaughtered him on twitter when the frank Carson story happened. No surprise though as he very good friends with Colleen . Amazing how he never asked Lionel about Linda in the house. It was all how lovely Ollie is and how fantastic Dappy was.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim made himself a star... Lionel may of given him votes but Jim won the show himself by impressing the audience
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got the same chip on his shoulder that he had from Day 1. As Lionel kept telling us, Jim owned a couple touring pantomime shows and he was also involved in running other stage shows. Lionel, despite he fame and ability, never owned a show of his own. If he did, it wasn't successful.
    There may be more, such as not being asked to choreograph one of Jim's show - but that's a total guess.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Lionel is an idiot he was only on the panel for the first stage of New Faces he was not on the panel when Jim won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    Lionel is an idiot he was only on the panel for the first stage of New Faces he was not on the panel when Jim won.

Surprised that This Morning's researchers were unable to find this :D
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is though, is that Jim never actually won the final of New Faces. He came second I believe.
    What if Jim had finished third or fourth, would Lionel claim that he was still responsible for Jim's future career success?

So many people enter these TV talent shows, whether they win them or not there aren't that many who go on to be as successful as Jim has done.

Once you win one of these TV talent shows (Which Jim didn't even win) it doesn't mean that you're suddenly made for life.
    Any future career success is entirely dependent on the individual from that point on.

It's utterly ridiculous that Lionel is trying to claim credit for Jim's career success.
    Lionel's contribution is less significant than people who have booked Jim for comedy gigs, or TV programme makers who have commissioned a TV series for Jim. But you don't get them claiming credit for Jim's career success because they know how idiotic it would be to even make such a claim.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loath the silly hypocritical old fool
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    trebanos wrote: »
    He's got the same chip on his shoulder that he had from Day 1. As Lionel kept telling us, Jim owned a couple touring pantomime shows and he was also involved in running other stage shows. Lionel, despite he fame and ability, never owned a show of his own. If he did, it wasn't successful.
    There may be more, such as not being asked to choreograph one of Jim's show - but that's a total guess.

Or it may be that Lionel simply dislikes Jim for being a complete and utter ars*hole in the past. I think an awful lot of 'show biz' people are of that opinion. He may well have changed (don't see it myself) but I'm not sure why people keep saying that's not how it is.

Why do you think he's desperate for everyone to know he's changed? What exactly do you think he means by that? It's clear to me that he's saying I'm not the arse I used to be. It is precisely because he was like that , that a lot don't like him.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Lionel is really putting Jim down and having a go at Jim for not remembering that Lionel was on the panel of New Faces some what 20 - 30 years ago. Christ I can't remember what I did yesterday never mind what I did 20 - 30 years ago....

Yep 20 odd years ago is a long time, especially if you have selective memory.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if Lionel has early stages of dementia. He changes his mind every few minutes. One minute he is saying to Jim that he cannot handle the girls or the screams and then he is moaning to the girls about Jim. He asked Jim to keep in contact, because now he was near the end of his days, he wanted friends in his life. Then he keeps saying how Jim is jealous of him, particularly his friendship with the youngsters. Then make of it what you will about the dungeon, was he doing it to be a good HM or was he actually enjoying himself. Did he blame the girls for his behaviour or did he accept full responsibility?

Watching Lionel on the Wright Show, must admit he was entertaining. Do not watch This Morning, as do not like the presenters. Has he stayed loyal and strong to any of his showbusiness friends or does he walk away when the going gets tough?
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    I do wonder if Lionel has early stages of dementia. He changes his mind every few minutes. One minute he is saying to Jim that he cannot handle the girls or the screams and then he is moaning to the girls about Jim. He asked Jim to keep in contact, because now he was near the end of his days, he wanted friends in his life. Then he keeps saying how Jim is jealous of him, particularly his friendship with the youngsters. Then make of it what you will about the dungeon, was he doing it to be a good HM or was he actually enjoying himself. Did he blame the girls for his behaviour or did he accept full responsibility?

Watching Lionel on the Wright Show, must admit he was entertaining. Do not watch This Morning, as do not like the presenters. Has he stayed loyal and strong to any of his showbusiness friends or does he walk away when the going gets tough?

Apparently he's trying to make up with Bruce Forsyth:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-big-brother-star-lionel-3064310#.UuZJlMvfWSM
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    According to some people on twitter it was Danny La Rue who put Jim through not Lionel.I hope this is true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    What a bore Lionel Blair is.

Apparently a producer told him that Lee lied about Casey saying she wanted a 'showmance' ....'when he went out of the house to the dentists!

They must have a revolving door, every day one of them pops out to get the newspapers! the show is a joke now. Just proves why there is no livefeed.
    Just like a few housmates mentioning when the cameras are off..but they are never supposed to be off! I miss the days of Ch4 BB when it was real.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a streak of pure evil in those rheumy old eyes.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Lionel is an idiot.

If I'd had any part in launching Davidson's career, I'd keep schtum.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    According to some people on twitter it was Danny La Rue who put Jim through not Lionel.I hope this is true.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PhksIEm-uDg
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it may be that Lionel simply dislikes Jim for being a complete and utter ars*hole in the past. I think an awful lot of 'show biz' people are of that opinion. He may well have changed (don't see it myself) but I'm not sure why people keep saying that's not how it is.

Why do you think he's desperate for everyone to know he's changed? What exactly do you think he means by that? It's clear to me that he's saying I'm not the arse I used to be. It is precisely because he was like that , that a lot don't like him.

Still playing the same old tune. Please learn a new one or give up.