Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Tues & Weds

Fantastic episodes :)
    Written well,Acted well and very powerful . It is amazing how many people just read what they want without getting the full story and just assume someone is a paedophile.

I felt sorry for Karen today. I think Everyone should have tried to tell her what a state she looked. I do hope this might trigger something off though.

Valarie has no shame at all. She thinks about no one other than her self and doesn't care how she gets it.

Lol at Zara and Daniel 'What have we done?' :D

The Bold headed guy that was head of the gang was very sexy.
    He could bang me with that erm...Bat any day.
    Nice Arse and Accent too :)

Doctors is feel is back on form now. It's much better then it was at the start of the year and seems to be back on track :)

He reminded me of Alex from Emmerdale who Cameron killed....but with a Birmingham accent instead of a Liverpudlian one.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,793
    Forum Member
    yes I do we would prosecute people for keeping animals alive in the condition that some people are forced to live

I don't think that's really correct. People are prosecuted if they are keeping animals/pets in horrible unfit living conditions, not feeding/looking after them, deliberately being cruel to them but I doubt people would be prosecuted if their pet develops bad health but are not put down as a result.

I've known people who put their dogs down well after their dogs lost their sight, hearing and they never got prosecuted for not doing it earlier.

If assisted suicide ever became legal and I hope it doesn't, then it should be under strict protocols where not only does a person have to sign and agree in front of neutral parties like a un related lawyer, but it should be filmed them saying so too and why and with tests to indicate they are of sound mind.

I also think that would have to be repeated frequently and or people are made clear of the risk that if in the event they have changed their mind but not changed their "living will" that they would want to die in certain situations", that if they end up in an unconcious state in hospital and are not waking up, it might be too late to stop their original wish taking place etc etc. I could just see sceanrio's like that happening a lot if it ever did become legal.
    Forum Member
    I agree. She is a b*tch
    I want Karen back :)

It was a little violent in parts if that makes any difference ?

I don't think Valerie was being horrible or is horrible and c'mon, you think Valerie is horrible for trying to manipulate Karen into taking another job but you overlook that Karen wouldn't have done the same thing and or hasn't done things in the same league as that over the years?! :confused:
    Forum Member
    I doubt if he would have bulked up for a two day role, he was always a naturally chubby lad, even in Bread when he was in his early 20's.

I'm not sure, the storyline was that he was as good as killing himself because of his size, what he eats, not doing exercise so I wouldn't be surprised if he did bulk up further than he was. It could be that they found an actor that fitted the bill of the character but if he has got that big in real life then he does need to lose weight and I hope he does.

Have you seen pictures of Lu Corfield now? She is the opposite of what she was when playing Freya but having said that, I get the impression she might have been her previous size before ever getting the part of Freya.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I agree. She is a b*tch
    I want Karen back :)

It was a little violent in parts if that makes any difference ?

It was put up after about an hour in the end but usually it's up within a few minutes of it's finished on TV.

I hate how people take the law into their own hands when it comes to paedophiles or 'pedos' as these people tend to put it - and it's always the same type who do it.
    I read a story not too long ago about an angry mob attacking a man they thought was a 'pedo' only for him to turn out to be a paediatrician. It's these brainless idiots that are preventing the police from finding out who the real paedophiles are as they are too busy clearing up the mess that they've caused.
    Another thing that pisses me off is on Facebook when someone outs someone as being a 'pedo' - if you're going to make (mostly incredibly ill informed) accusations like that, at least have the decency to spell it right. People like this were one of the reasons I came off Facebook a while ago. It's no good for my blood pressure! :D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    It was put up after about an hour in the end but usually it's up within a few minutes of it's finished on TV.

I hate how people take the law into their own hands when it comes to paedophiles or 'pedos' as these people tend to put it - and it's always the same type who do it.
    I read a story not too long ago about an angry mob attacking a man they thought was a 'pedo' only for him to turn out to be a paediatrician. It's these brainless idiots that are preventing the police from finding out who the real paedophiles are as they are too busy clearing up the mess that they've caused.
    Another thing that pisses me off is on Facebook when someone outs someone as being a 'pedo' - if you're going to make (mostly incredibly ill informed) accusations like that, at least have the decency to spell it right. People like this were one of the reasons I came off Facebook a while ago. It's no good for my blood pressure! :D
    we had a child killed in a hit and run here and some poor lad was arrested and half an hour later there was a lynch mob round his house ,the police released him made an announcement that he was ruled out of enquiries and they still wanted to kill him. Mob mentality makes me sick
    Forum Member
    I switched sides just as there was an announcement about Doctors for tomorrow. It looks like there is no episode tommorow as the Winter Olympics are taking up both BBC 1 and 2! >:(

Re yesterdays episode, it was pretty funny in numerous parts. I kept on thinking of would Kevin be able to do a "Batfink" escape and I was kinda dissapointed that he was saved by Rob "quite easily"! Though I suppose Rob could have been "Karate" saving Batfink! :D

Heston's attempted talk about time management was very funny as was Valerie with her misspeaks about Karen going for an interview to be a hair dryer and then Keven had been kidnapped by peadophiles! :D

I also think what happenned to Karen might help bring her memory back in the sense that it seems to be her stubborness that is "preventing" her from trying to remember who she really is and the more cold treatment she gets that she isn't 18 might just lower down her prevention barrier.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    He reminded me of Alex from Emmerdale who Cameron killed....but with a Birmingham accent instead of a Liverpudlian one.
    Yeah pretty similar..I like him too ;-)
    Styker wrote: »
    I don't think Valerie was being horrible or is horrible and c'mon, you think Valerie is horrible for trying to manipulate Karen into taking another job but you overlook that Karen wouldn't have done the same thing and or hasn't done things in the same league as that over the years?! :confused:
    Karen might have done some bad things but she was/is loving and will be there to help.
    Valarie is just plain nasty and annoying.

Facebook is a horrible place
    I've heard a lot of problems have started because of Facebook and now there is some new craze of doing Dares.Someone died last week after necking a whole bottle of Vodka or something.

As if Doctors doesn't raise your blood pressure already :D
    Forum Member
    I think Hermione kissing Al was just part of her OCD, a spontaneous thing that arises from it. I think she had a point in that Jimmi needs to confront his OCD too.
    Forum Member
    I switched sides just as there was an announcement about Doctors for tomorrow. It looks like there is no episode tommorow as the Winter Olympics are taking up both BBC 1 and 2! >:(

Re yesterdays episode, it was pretty funny in numerous parts. I kept on thinking of would Kevin be able to do a "Batfink" escape and I was kinda dissapointed that he was saved by Rob "quite easily"! Though I suppose Rob could have been "Karate" saving Batfink! :D

Heston's attempted talk about time management was very funny as was Valerie with her misspeaks about Karen going for an interview to be a hair dryer and then Keven had been kidnapped by peadophiles! :D

I also think what happenned to Karen might help bring her memory back in the sense that it seems to be her stubborness that is "preventing" her from trying to remember who she really is and the more cold treatment she gets that she isn't 18 might just lower down her prevention barrier.
    Yeah Doctors is back Monday at 1:45pm :)

I am not so bothered because from tonight I am working Night Shifts so will have more TV to catch up on. So now i'll only have 1 episode left :)

I hope they give us an hour-long at some point though.
    Forum Member
    I forgot to say that I loved it that Kevin's ring tune on his phone was "Walk The Dinasour" by Was Not Was! I love that tune, its off the hook and it used to crack me up, still would under the right circumstances!

Valerie's boyfriend is going to be even more of a goon????!!!! >:( I think he needs to be put into a wrestling ring and given a good hiding! That's if Heston doesn't give him a good hiding first which I hope he does!

Thanks for the clarification Dan.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member

BIB - usually the brain dead types. Those three barely had a brain cell between them.
    Forum Member
    Double Doctors On Monday!!!

Seems tomorrow there was a late change but we get a double Doctors Monday.

1:45pm & 2:15pm :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    BIB - usually the brain dead types. Those three barely had a brain cell between them.

I hope the evil woman next door who started the witch hunt got her comeuppance
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member

She got murdered in an episode of Taggert... Does that help? ;)
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member

I was expecting Rob to arrest her when he found the original of that nasty notice she'd been sending to everyone. Surely it was incitement to commit a crime?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    She got murdered in an episode of Taggert... Does that help? ;)

Yeah that's a result :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double Doctors On Monday!!!

Seems tomorrow there was a late change but we get a double Doctors Monday.

1:45pm & 2:15pm :)
    Excellent. Thank you Dan. I would have wondered where Doctors got off to tomorrow if I hadn`t seen your post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say that I loved it that Kevin's ring tune on his phone was "Walk The Dinasour" by Was Not Was! I love that tune, its off the hook and it used to crack me up, still would under the right circumstances!

Valerie's boyfriend is going to be even more of a goon????!!!! >:( I think he needs to be put into a wrestling ring and given a good hiding! That's if Heston doesn't give him a good hiding first which I hope he does!

Thanks for the clarification Dan.

I love Robs ringtone from the Sweeney. It always makes me smile.
    :)
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member

Me too. :D

Confession time.... I changed my ringtone to Buck's Fizz' "Making Your Mind Up" after Daniel and Zara kept singing it to Joe when he was a baby. :blush:
    Forum Member

The Sweeney was excellent but Rob's had that forever and I'm a bit tired of it now, though it did used to make me laugh as well. Maybe he should switch his ring tune to the Professionals?! :D:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To that gormless boyfriend of Valeries ( I forget the name) please throttle her on Monday so she`ll never ever come back to the Mill.
    Thanks in advance
    Me
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Karen beginning to come round to the idea of Rob when they were talking to her about him in the pub at the end? I do hope so.

Those women in the background when Mrs Tembe poured the wine over that guy's head cracked me up - awful ham acting or what?
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Karen beginning to come round to the idea of Rob when they were talking to her about him in the pub at the end? I do hope so.

Those women in the background when Mrs Tembe poured the wine over that guy's head cracked me up - awful ham acting or what?
    Yes, we've seen a couple of scenes where it looks like Karen is coming round to Ron. I hope so. It would be quite interesting if she fell in love with him again and then got her memory back - I've assumed she would get her memeory back & then get back to being with Rob, but I think it would be quite sweet if she got together with Rob of her own accord.
    Forum Member
    Me too. :D

Confession time.... I changed my ringtone to Buck's Fizz' "Making Your Mind Up" after Daniel and Zara kept singing it to Joe when he was a baby. :blush:

I don't remember Zara singing that. It was Karen who first started singing it, then Daniel copied the tactic but I can't recall Zara doing it as well.
This discussion has been closed.