Lupita Nyong'o the Kenyan Goddess

Comments

• Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must not have read the part of my post where I said that she only challenges Hollywood to a certain extent, but that she still has the features Hollywood likes, thinness high cheekbones ...

Just because you're thin with high cheekbones doesn't make you an "insider". She's still very much a plain Jane.
    Obviously you don't have the intellectual capability to understand the notion of personal preference, taste or opinion. It does not exist in your world. There is no point in debating with you.

Harsh. Way harsh. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lupita was on Conan yesterday

Lupita on Conan O'brien

Gorgeous and lovely as usual.

She also was at the premiere of Non Stop with Michelle Dockery and Julianne Moore. I don't like her Lanvin dress but she looked positively radiant and has the most beautiful smile.

Non Stop premiere
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that dress...she can literally wear a paper bag and still look good :cool:.

I'm nervous for her this Sunday :blush:. It's a tight race between her and J-law; it could go either way......
    I really hope she wins that Oscar. Not only would it do even more wonders for her career ( I think that her and her team are waiting for it before announcing any upcoming projects ) but also she may not have many opportunities again like that in the future.

So Lupita FTW please:kitty:
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats a sista?

I dare any white person to go to somewhere like baltimore and call a gentlemen "brotha" and see how long they can survive haha.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Not enough. And there needs to be more classy black female role models (and ones that don't subscribe to white ideals). I, for one, do not see Rihanna and Beyonce as something to aspire to.

Okaaaaay...
    Can I ask, what female celebrities do you find attractive, sir?

Because that's what men are like. The approval of their friends are important to them, they're always trying to out-macho each other. You don't see it because you're not on the outside looking in. If a man is going to risk labelling a girl "stunning" she best be pretty.

Yes, this is completely true. Every man that has ever lived is exactly just like this, with zero deviation. 1400s men from china are no different from the farmers in Brazil. Just like all women are simply after money and have no other value other than arm candy. This is totally the truth forever and ever amen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her birthday is this Saturday :).
    1 day before the Oscars and she also has to attends the Spirit awards (march 1st ) where she is nominated and will likely win :).

Scott F. Who has an amazing record at predicting the Oscars (and other awards ceremonies ) just gave his final predictions a few hours ago.
    He predicted that J-law is going to win BSA :(:(.

Last year , he guessed 21 out of 24 :o categories correctly so yeah that's how good he's at predicting these things. He works for the Hollywood reporter . Anyways, I will try to post the link of his article later so yeah this could go either way on Sunday but I will keep my fingers crossed for Lupita.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Her birthday is this Saturday :).
    1 day before the Oscars and she also has to attends the Spirit awards (march 1st ) where she is nominated and will likely win :).

Scott F. Who has an amazing record at predicting the Oscars (and other awards ceremonies ) just gave his final predictions a few hours ago.
    He predicted that J-law is going to win BSA :(:(.

Last year , he guessed 21 out of 24 :o categories correctly so yeah that's how good he's at predicting these things. He works for the Hollywood reporter . Anyways, I will try to post the link of his article later so yeah this could go either way on Sunday but I will keep my fingers crossed for Lupita.

I think Lupita's chances are far better than JL's simply because JL won a Best Actress Oscar last year and, considering her age, I think the Academy will see that as enough to be going on with. I think 12YAS will take - at minimum - Best Film and Best Support for Lupita. I'd love to see McQueen get Best Director but I think Cuaron's a done deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I think Lupita's chances are far better than JL's simply because JL won a Best Actress Oscar last year and, considering her age, I think the Academy will see that as enough to be going on with. I think 12YAS will take - at minimum - Best Film and Best Support for Lupita. I'd love to see McQueen get Best Director but I think Cuaron's a done deal.

I hope you are right but I'm not too optimistic about that. We'll see, I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lupita was honored at the Lovegold event yesterday and earlier that day she attended an event at the honor of the Dalai Lama.

Today she's honored at Essence with the president of the Academy awards.

I already prepared myself at the eventuality of her losing this Sunday to J-law :(:(. It's what it is , I guess.

My God all those pre-Oscars events :o. I don't know how she's able to stand still; attending events after events....but she needs to hustle like she's doing and take advantage of this media coverage while it lasts.

I'm not looking forward to the Oscars anymore :(.
    Well at least Jared will win so here's that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She won the independent spirit awards today :):).

Jared won too in his category and thanked her in his speech :D:D:D .
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Yes, this is completely true. Every man that has ever lived is exactly just like this, with zero deviation. 1400s men from china are no different from the farmers in Brazil. Just like all women are simply after money and have no other value other than arm candy. This is totally the truth forever and ever amen.

Sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit. :o

What type of women do you like and can you list some female celebrities you find attractive? This should be fun. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the stunning Lupita Nyong'o for her oscar win :D:D:D:D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Congrats indeed and she wore a stunning dress to go with the award.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to her :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I saw, she looked STUNNING at the Oscars. I really do think she is one of the most breathtaking women in the industry today. :)

*waits for Naa_KwaKai to come along* :D
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats indeed and she wore a stunning dress to go with the award.

It was a lovely dress, but it totally did not suit her figure - she is flat-chested & the dress requires ample bosoms to carry it off, her masculine looking chest looked horrible; her stylist should be sacked.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a lovely dress, but it totally did not suit her figure - she is flat-chested & the dress requires ample bosoms to carry it off, her masculine looking chest looked horrible; her stylist should be sacked.

Actually, I think low cut dresses can look cheap and tacky on more well-endowed women (depends on the dress and exactly how much is on show), but I agree that the neckline of Lupita's didn't really suit her. Lovely colour, though.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to admit, I don't get the fuss about her.

I think her performance in 12 Years A Slave is vastly overrated due to what the film is actually about. Nor do I think she looks that great at these events?!

Her acceptance speech was lovely, though.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God, this makes me despair. She wins a significant Oscar for a quality performance and all you see is her 'masculine looking chest'?

Really?
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    God, this makes me despair. She wins a significant Oscar for a quality performance and all you see is her 'masculine looking chest'?

Really?

Sad, sad times.

At first I couldn't see the fuss over the dress in normal stills, but seeing it in motion helped - all layered and billowy, as well as how elegantly it was worn by Lupita - so beautiful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy and so proud of her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I saw, she looked STUNNING at the Oscars. I really do think she is one of the most breathtaking women in the industry today. :)

*waits for Naa_KwaKai to come along* :D

I agree. I love her confidence.
    I thought that her and jared had the best speeches of the night. I'm not going to lie I was a bit emotional especially since I'm a fan of them both.